Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
@AgneR, Don't worry, you still have a few more days. Out of the 3 applicants that I know who have the same timeline as yours, I think BR_SL is the only one who received her/his AOR on Oct 20 (22 days after - fastest within the September Inland Applicants). However, I got mine 29 days after, slowest within the Sep Inland Applicants.
Your 29th day marks the 27th of this month which lands on this coming Saturday. Since your application was received on the last day of the week on Friday, it might not have been opened until Monday which will add an extra 3 days and lands on Oct 30. I've also seen people getting their AORs on Saturdays and Sundays during non-office hours; however, most of us got ours on Wednesdays and Thursdays. So you still have time until Thursday next week :)
Also just FYI, the average wait time for June and July applicants were 45 days to get their AORs.

AgneR

Oct 24, 2018
Thank you so much for such an informative and kind message, @barsarah!! I will keep my fingers crossed for another week!

@AgneR, Don't worry, you still have a few more days. Out of the 3 applicants that I know who have the same timeline as yours, I think BR_SL is the only one who received her/his AOR on Oct 20 (22 days after - fastest within the September Inland Applicants). However, I got mine 29 days after, slowest within the Sep Inland Applicants.
Your 29th day marks the 27th of this month which lands on this coming Saturday. Since your application was received on the last day of the week on Friday, it might not have been opened until Monday which will add an extra 3 days and lands on Oct 30. I've also seen people getting their AORs on Saturdays and Sundays during non-office hours; however, most of us got ours on Wednesdays and Thursdays. So you still have time until Thursday next week :)
Also just FYI, the average wait time for June and July applicants were 45 days to get their AORs.

BR_ESL

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
If you do not mind can I ask how come you sent your medical exams along the application?
Is it possible to do an earlier medical exam?

Thanks
Oh, sure.
In fact, I did these medical exams in May 2018. I found this doctor/physician at "Panel Physicians" and said I wanted to do medical exams for the study visa. When I finished the exams, they told me they would upload the results straight to the immigration and they gave me the "Information Sheet" which I forwarded with my application to CPC Mississauga in September.
At the medical office they said also, if something went wrong with the results, they would phone me in 2 days or something. I haven't got any calls so I assume it was all good with the results.
But if you already have sent the application I think they will ask for the same exams (X-ray, blood test, urine test and an examination at the physician's office, they also took a picture of me which was printed on my Information Sheet).
That's it!

alinas42

Sep 26, 2018
Finally got the AOR today. My application timeline is:

Application Sent: 29th Sep 2018
Application Received: 02 October 2018
AOR: 22 October 2018

I have also successfully linked my PR and OWP application with my sponsor's account today. Feel relieved now. :)

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
So I did some math exclusively on July Inlanders' timelines. Some people may find it interesting and compare it to theirs.

Their average wait time for their AOR was 32 days while ours was 25 days. Their average number of days between AOR and OWP approval was 54 days with a total average of 86 days. Considering that we got our AORs with an average of 7 days earlier than them, we should be getting our OWP approvals anywhere from 72 to 79 days from our date of submission. Mine lands between Nov 23 and Dec 4, earlier than I thought it would be :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Betabr and BR_ESL

tashatasha

Oct 19, 2018
Have you applied for OWP? When did you send you application and when does your visitor status expire?
I haven't start the application yet, as I m not sure which route I shall go for *Inland or outland" I am considering all the risks it may occur .. I based in Hong Kong and planning to move to Canada in June. thanks!

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
I haven't start the application yet, as I m not sure which route I shall go for *Inland or outland" I am considering all the risks it may occur .. I based in Hong Kong and planning to move to Canada in June. thanks!
Hi,

Ok then. Now answering your question, there is always a chance of not getting the extention approved, we are never 100% sure. My questions to you were because once they start to process the OWP application, your spouse will have implied status until decision made on the work permit application.

Nixey

Oct 16, 2018
Hi All

Well our update is as follows:

Our timeline is:
Date Sent: 17 August 2018
Received: 21st August 2018
Returned: 19th September 2018 (incorrect fees paid for OWP and missing information on Family Declaration)
Date ReSent: 24th September 2018
Date Received: 27th September 2018
AOR Received: 19th October 2018 (22 days from receipt)

I have now successfully linked both the PR application and the OWP application! That in itself was a major accomplishment! I must thank all who supplied step-by-step details.

With regards to the length of time for the OWP. The processing time as stated in CIC is currently 5 weeks. Our application states on the website received on 20th September so surely 5 weeks is from this date?! We are going to send a message or call to get clarification on this. I will let all know how this goes.

;)

Reactions: alinas42

alinas42

Sep 26, 2018
Hi All

Well our update is as follows:

Our timeline is:
Date Sent: 17 August 2018
Received: 21st August 2018
Returned: 19th September 2018 (incorrect fees paid for OWP and missing information on Family Declaration)
Date ReSent: 24th September 2018
Date Received: 27th September 2018
AOR Received: 19th October 2018 (22 days from receipt)

I have now successfully linked both the PR application and the OWP application! That in itself was a major accomplishment! I must thank all who supplied step-by-step details.

With regards to the length of time for the OWP. The processing time as stated in CIC is currently 5 weeks. Our application states on the website received on 20th September so surely 5 weeks is from this date?! We are going to send a message or call to get clarification on this. I will let all know how this goes.

;)
I think they usually take more than 5 weeks for processing. People get their OWP processed in around 80 days on average though it differs case to case. You are probably looking at 7 weeks.

lyn80

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
AOR Received.
10-18-2018
I think they usually take more than 5 weeks for processing. People get their OWP processed in around 80 days on average though it differs case to case. You are probably looking at 7 weeks.
I'm curious about how the OWP will work out as well, as it seems like their online estimate doesn't seem very accurate, everyone I have monitored on here seems like a significantly longer timeline :(

Hary123

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Hi,

I have sent an application for PR for my wife on Oct 4th and received on Oct 9th in Canada Class.

Received AOR on 26th October, 2018. I was able to link PR application, Cannot link my work permit application.

Please help.

Reactions: dstpcansgirlfriend

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Hi,

I have sent an application for PR for my wife on Oct 4th and received on Oct 9th in Canada Class.

Received AOR on 26th October, 2018. I was able to link PR application, Cannot link my work permit application.

Please help.
Wait 3 days and try it on Monday. Myself and a few other people had the same issue

Freshboi

Sep 13, 2018
Hey all,

My PR application with OWP was received on September 13, and got my AOR on October 10.

I managed to link my PR after following some of the tips on this forum and it worked.

Now, something funny happened when I tried to link my OWP. An application was found and I did link it. But, now on my application list under the "Application type" column it says "Online Application", and when I click on "Check full application status", under "Date received" it says "September 6, 2018". This is a full week before the application was received via mail at Mississauga.

I submitted the OWP on paper (along with my PR). So why does it says it was submitted online, and why does it say it was submitted a week before I sent it in? It makes me feel a bit nervous that something is messed up somewhere.

Anyone experience anything similar?

Reactions: saniyasunesara

saniyasunesara

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
Hey all,

My PR application with OWP was received on September 13, and got my AOR on October 10.

I managed to link my PR after following some of the tips on this forum and it worked.

Now, something funny happened when I tried to link my OWP. An application was found and I did link it. But, now on my application list under the "Application type" column it says "Online Application", and when I click on "Check full application status", under "Date received" it says "September 6, 2018". This is a full week before the application was received via mail at Mississauga.

I submitted the OWP on paper (along with my PR). So why does it says it was submitted online, and why does it say it was submitted a week before I sent it in? It makes me feel a bit nervous that something is messed up somewhere.

Anyone experience anything similar?
Hey
So I would like you to know that we have the exact same time line and few days before when I linked my work permit application I noticed the exact same thing
Now I don’t know what the reason for it
But even I was nervous but I don’t know what else we can make out from that..?

Freshboi

Sep 13, 2018
Hey
So I would like you to know that we have the exact same time line and few days before when I linked my work permit application I noticed the exact same thing
Now I don’t know what the reason for it
But even I was nervous but I don’t know what else we can make out from that..?
Ok, good to know that it's not just me. But it would be nice to get to the bottom of it. Perhaps it'd be a good idea to call IRCC and find out.