+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**SEPTEMBER 2018** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

LinkinMark

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Hi @LinkinMark,
The automated system response you heard was last updated on Dec 9 - meaning it is 10 days old.
According to their website, it should be updated every week. The one with 104 days is for paper applications and the second one is for online applications. In our case, although it says online application on GCKey, we fall into the 104 days category.

If I remember correctly, I believe your application was physically delivered 1 day before mine on Sep 11 so it has been exactly 99 days since and this coming Monday, Dec 24, will mark your 104th day. So if we do not get it approved this week, we may need to wait until next year as Dec 22, 23, 24, 25, 29, 30 and Jan 1 are holidays and weekends.

Maybe we should all forget about this whole thing, get into our festive moods and just enjoy the holidays with our loved ones ;)
No I want to shake my fist angrily until my permit is approved lol
You're right though but its hard to let go. I'm almost unsubscribing from emails from this website because I get excited every time my notification says "CANADIAN IMMIGRATION" lol.
Well I hope we can all be approved pre-Christmas but I'm sure if that isn't the case it won't be long after.
So Merry Christmas everyone

Also: @barsarah my received date is weird. It said they signed for it September 9th but they say PR was received September 11th and my OWP application was somehow received September 4th

Last edited:
Reactions: barsarah and ldoell

Ferber

Dec 17, 2018
Sorry to hear about your current situation, you must be so worried!
Travelling out of the country is risky without PR completed but not impossible. Your re-entry is is completely dependent on border agents and nothing is certain; however, I’ve read on these forums that people have managed to re-enter after visitor permits have expired. Are you certain you will be receiving your OWP? If so, i would assume you could return with that in hand (someone please correct me if I’m wrong).
My husband wanted to travel for similar reasons. We called the call centre to essentially ask your question and we found out he won’t be receiving an OWP as it was submitted shortly after his visitors visa expired (and it was too late to extend it at that point). If he did have the OWP it would be a different story. Call centre basically said my husband would need to prove he has some status in Canada. Applied status for PR is not a thing unfortunately as his visitor visa expired. Blah!
Give the call centre a ring for peace of mind perhaps. Best!
Thank you!

suga

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
App. Filed.......
28-11-2018
Just got OWP approval !
My owp application was recieved on August 30th but my PR Spousal Sponsorship App wasnt recieved till September 2 so I thought I'd share with you guys. So less than 4 months for me, hopefully some of you get something this week. Also I got medical request on December 3rd, completed it last Saturday the 15th and still waiting on update on website but I assume I passed.
That's wonderful news! Congratulations!!

Reactions: barsarah

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
A quick question: Does it say 'not applicable' for BGC for everyone until they actually start processing it and then it says 'in progress'?

Prettyjhazz

Mar 15, 2017
Just an observation and comparisons.
Recently end of February are having their DM’s some are still waiting and some March applicants are also receiving their SA and AIP i am guessing January will be march and april having their DMs. February will be may and june. March are july and august. April will be ours (hopefully just a guess).

July onwards are getting their MR 2-3 months after AOR.

September started BGC right after receiving MR.

June are still waiting for their MR...

We are so lucky thats ours are moving fast.

Happy holidays everyone.

Prettyjhazz

Mar 15, 2017
Hope you get a reply soon!
I have been logging in every 30 mins since morning and at 11:30 i did another random login and it said passed.
Mine doesn’t updated yet but when i call the doctors office he said he just sent it yesterday and nothing to worry

xander88

Star Member
Sep 22, 2018
Just an observation and comparisons.
Recently end of February are having their DM’s some are still waiting and some March applicants are also receiving their SA and AIP i am guessing January will be march and april having their DMs. February will be may and june. March are july and august. April will be ours (hopefully just a guess).

July onwards are getting their MR 2-3 months after AOR.

September started BGC right after receiving MR.

June are still waiting for their MR...

We are so lucky thats ours are moving fast.

Happy holidays everyone.
I believe I am getting dm in February 2019
#Godspeed

ddounia

Jul 30, 2018
Hello, just sharing my timeline and medical info

Inland App + OWP + Schedule A + PCC Submitted: Sep 17, 2018
Received: September 18, 2018
AOR: October 12, 2018
MR: passed in July 2017 so expired, until now it says " You Passed medical exam" and now it says : " We are reviewing the results of your medical exam"
OWP: In progress...
BGC: December 20, 2018: In progress...