Med's Done....
10-11-2017
Interview........
nil
Passport Req..
01-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2018
COPR today 23/2/18!!!!! so happy and wish everyone good luck... it wont be long for u xx

Bubbb

Feb 18, 2018
Visa Office......
Rome, Italy
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Hi, I have submitted my application in September of 2017.Medical passed at the end of October.
File transferred at Rome Visa Office in October. So it's about 6 months since my application is received and no update.

Do you have any updates from this VO guys ?
Thanks a lot , wish u luck :)

DSpartners

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
He can search for a job on his TRV, but what is the point of it? He cannot work as a TRV holder. If he can get a TRV and come to Canada, you need to file an inland application with open work permit, and after the open work permit approved (4 months), then he can work. With an outland application, there isn't an option to apply an open work permit.
Ok. So the PR status he gets via an outland application does not give him a work permit?

Jaywill

Oct 14, 2017
I just got this 7th line on ecas a week after pre-arrival and DM. Can i assume this is the ppr?

1. We sent you correspondence on February 23, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

canuser

Dec 7, 2017
I just got this 7th line on ecas a week after pre-arrival and DM. Can i assume this is the ppr?

1. We sent you correspondence on February 23, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Hey @Jaywill did you find out what that line was referencing? I think I remember you mentioning you also had a lawyer handling your case - I wonder if they have your PPR? Please update us! I'm also using representation, so I'm wondering if there might be a lag in us getting information :)

Reactions: Jaywill

Jeah

Feb 24, 2018
Yes I called them before receiving my returned package. the agent told me my application was returned and there are notes left on your file. No she didn't have any temporary application number assigned to it since they did not open a file for it.
hi do you know how to contact cic? phone numbers?

Jaywill

Oct 14, 2017
Hey @Jaywill did you find out what that line was referencing? I think I remember you mentioning you also had a lawyer handling your case - I wonder if they have your PPR? Please update us! I'm also using representation, so I'm wondering if there might be a lag in us getting information :)
I dont know just yet, but the lawyers email automatically redirects any govt communications. I usually get documents a day after it shows on ecas, and this request line showed up on friday so it should be here mon-tues. given that i have DM and pre-arrival it would make sense that it is the passport request.

Reactions: JayNoussa

Buk

Nov 23, 2017
Hi, sharing my timeline with you guys,

Application received- September 12, 2017
AOR - October 20
Med request- November 2
File transferred to Manila VO - November 9
AOR 2 - November 14
Pre-arrival - January 26, 2018
BGC in process, Decision Made and PPR - February 16, 2018

Reactions: Jaywill

cchancey

Oct 11, 2016
Illinois
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
21-09-2017
Doc's Request.
22-09-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
22-11-2017
Passport Req..
20-02-2018
Huzzah! We finally received our PPR. My PR photos are FedExing their way to our attorney tonight and she'll have them, and send them off, tomorrow.
I didn't get this Pre-Arrival letter several of you have mentioned. Is that normal?

Also, in other good news, and contrary to what I've read elsewhere, I received the certified copies of my car title and the letter permitting me to export it today. I was scared witless I'd need to either pay it off or sell it. Much to my relief, i emailed my bank, who instructed me to fill out a simple web form, and bam! it was done. I don't think I spent more than 10 minutes on the whole process. And 5 of those minutes were spent composing an email gushing my thanks on the title manager at the bank.

Now, let's talk about what comes next...

I plan to fly to Montreal for my landing and then return to the US to gather my belongings, and my dog, and drive back.
How long do I need to stay in Montreal? Should I just hang out and wait for my PR card to arrive before returning?
(Note: I won't be on any strict timeline. I'll quit my job before I fly to MTL and I miss my husband)
I know I need to fill out the forms for goods accompanying and goods to follow, how detailed is that list? I will mostly be bringing clothing, some kitchen gadgets (my obsession), my bike, laptop, and a couple of paintings that were wedding gifts. I don't have any expensive jewelry here or loads of cash I'll be transferring. Do I need to list my dog in the goods to follow?

Also, if anyone knows which border crossing would be best for the car export/import process, let me know. I typically drive in via Ambassador Bridge at Detroit/Windsor, but I'm not opposed to driving east and entering from Pennsylvania or New York (in fact, keeping as much of my drive from Illinois on the US side of the border would be more ideal as I won't have cellular/data once I cross).

I'm mostly a lurker around here, and you all have been a wealth of knowledge. Thank you.
<3

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Huzzah! We finally received our PPR. My PR photos are FedExing their way to our attorney tonight and she'll have them, and send them off, tomorrow.
I didn't get this Pre-Arrival letter several of you have mentioned. Is that normal?

Also, in other good news, and contrary to what I've read elsewhere, I received the certified copies of my car title and the letter permitting me to export it today. I was scared witless I'd need to either pay it off or sell it. Much to my relief, i emailed my bank, who instructed me to fill out a simple web form, and bam! it was done. I don't think I spent more than 10 minutes on the whole process. And 5 of those minutes were spent composing an email gushing my thanks on the title manager at the bank.

Now, let's talk about what comes next...

I plan to fly to Montreal for my landing and then return to the US to gather my belongings, and my dog, and drive back.
How long do I need to stay in Montreal? Should I just hang out and wait for my PR card to arrive before returning?
(Note: I won't be on any strict timeline. I'll quit my job before I fly to MTL and I miss my husband)
I know I need to fill out the forms for goods accompanying and goods to follow, how detailed is that list? I will mostly be bringing clothing, some kitchen gadgets (my obsession), my bike, laptop, and a couple of paintings that were wedding gifts. I don't have any expensive jewelry here or loads of cash I'll be transferring. Do I need to list my dog in the goods to follow?

Also, if anyone knows which border crossing would be best for the car export/import process, let me know. I typically drive in via Ambassador Bridge at Detroit/Windsor, but I'm not opposed to driving east and entering from Pennsylvania or New York (in fact, keeping as much of my drive from Illinois on the US side of the border would be more ideal as I won't have cellular/data once I cross).

I'm mostly a lurker around here, and you all have been a wealth of knowledge. Thank you.
<3
It is completely normal that you didn't get pre-arrive letter. I didn't get it neither. And my passport and COPR is on their way back to me as of today.

Reactions: cchancey

KBDB

May 4, 2017
Greetings fellow applicants!

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with my issue.
I'm a Sept 2017 applicant and am being represented by an immigration lawyer. My husband's Medical, PCC, Schedule A and Right of residency fee has been sent and approved as of December 2017. Our application has been transferred to London Visa office on the 2nd of Jan, 2018.

My issue is that since I have gone through an Immigration Lawyer, I cannot link my application on CIC. However, I'm hoping there would be some way that I should be able to view my Ecas. Any suggestions? :)

Reactions: maki22

Jaywill

Oct 14, 2017
Greetings fellow applicants!

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with my issue.
I'm a Sept 2017 applicant and am being represented by an immigration lawyer. My husband's Medical, PCC, Schedule A and Right of residency fee has been sent and approved as of December 2017. Our application has been transferred to London Visa office on the 2nd of Jan, 2018.

My issue is that since I have gone through an Immigration Lawyer, I cannot link my application on CIC. However, I'm hoping there would be some way that I should be able to view my Ecas. Any suggestions? :)
Just go to ecas login and input your info. No account needed. Or if your i n canada can also call 1-800-242-2100 and follow the prompts.

Reactions: KBDB