jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question?
How much time Is the test ?
-- 30 minutes

How many Questions are at the test ?

And what is the minimal right answers you have to have in order to pass ?

And what happens if you fail ? Is there a second chance ?
-- you shall come back for another test in 4-6 weeks normally. If you fail again, wait in line to see a judge, which may take long time.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
jrjayl said:
Question?
How much time Is the test ?
-- 30 minutes

How many Questions are at the test ?

And what is the minimal right answers you have to have in order to pass ?

And what happens if you fail ? Is there a second chance ?
-- you shall come back for another test in 4-6 weeks normally. If you fail again, wait in line to see a judge, which may take long time.
Thank you for your kindly answer.
Question ? Is there a recommended app for iPhone where I can practice the test ?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
ari5323 said:
Question ? Is there a recommended app for iPhone where I can practice the test ?
Read the "Discover Canada" book multiple times. This is the correct way to learn and pass the test. Give it a read atleast 3-4 times and try to understand all the information as much as possible.

Don't rely on online tests to pass as they can help you a bit to learn the information but you can't rely on the online tests to pass the test. Just do a google search for online practice tests and i think there are some iphone apps available too.

claude15

Feb 11, 2015
I received test invite letter (white color) this afternoon. I am asked to "appear" on June 11. Hamilton ON is my local office. :) :)
Ecas has been updated as well. No email though.
FYI, my file was transferred to local office on Feb 9.

HIC2011

Apr 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any member got oath letter from Hamilton Office?

John777

Oct 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2015
AOR Received.
28-06-2015
File Transfer...
04-07-2015
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
19-04-2016
HIC2011 said:
Any member got oath letter from Hamilton Office?
No I don't think so. Still waiting patiently.

sansoy

Feb 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Applied for Citizenship on 26-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
File transfer to Scarborough 09-02-2015
Med's Request
Test date on 21-04-2015: Passed
LANDED..........
22-09-2010
ari5323 said:
There is an iPhone app on http://citizenshipcounts.ca/

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sansoy said:
There is an iPhone app on http://citizenshipcounts.ca/
That is a good and free app, limited amount of questions but all updated. Most other apps (even paid ones) have outdated questions - I do NOT recommend buying any paid apps.
Get that app above and do some FREE online tests (don't pay for any sites).. Read the book a few times -- understanding the "history" will help you memorize things since there's a somewhat logical sequence of events. I worked several days on "summarizing" the book which helped imprint the info in my memory but I probably went overboard with it.
The way I see it: I rather study a lot ONCE (and ensure I'll pass the first time) than having to wait/study and do the test again if I don't pass (or worse: have to do the oral exam with the judge).

20 Questions in 30 minutes and get 15 correct answers is all you need -- I did the test and re-did it (as a review) in less than 10 minutes... Once you're knowledgeable enough you can do 20 questions in about 3-5 minutes without a problem (assuming English is not much of an issue for you).

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
All,

hope all is well with everyone... hoping your application is coming along at a decent pace.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I got my oath letter few days ago.. its on the 29th of this month. My process took exactly 8 months from the day my application was received to the oath day.

It's been a smooth ride.

S

P.S. Two months ago there was an active thread on this forum where a number of individuals were debating whether to send additional documents with your application or not. Some here believed the applicant may get RQd if you send additional documents. Well, I sent additional documents with my app. Primarily because I had a number of out of Canada trips over the past 4 years. The additional documents did not result in a RQ instead I believe it helped move my application smoothly. So, in my opinion, I would say use your judgement to decide whether your application requires additional documents or not. If you think you do, feel free to send them along with you application. :)
Hey desigirl, please post your oath ceremony experience. I have mine on 9th June. how long do we have to wait to apply for a passport? I am worried because I need to travel again - this time to Europe.

HIC2011

Apr 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
meateater said:
I got my citizenship on Thurday guys :) thank you all for support.
Congratulations...
Your local office in scarborough?