+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Got fingerprint request today from St Clair CIC Office but CIC agent told me my Local office is Scarborough
Is this possible ?

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Hi desigirltoronto84, not sure which particular country / embassy is processing your Schengen visa (for me it was the Czech embassy), but I didn't need to submit my passport. I gave photocopies only. When they received approval for my visa, they called me to their office and implanted the visa on my passport in 5-10 minutes.
Denmark. They took my new passport. :-X

BTW, they took my passport for Italy, Malta as well as Ireland.

I guess my next vacation destination is Prague - I really like their VISA issue method. :) :)

Gorgonion

Star Member
Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajay95 said:
No sir; didn't received fp request during PR.
Is it correlated to citizenship ?
Thanks cause I was wonderng if they had it when you applied for PR why they ask for it again?

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thriller said:
Quick Question:

My citizenship application is under process and the timeline is as follows:
Application Sent: Sept 15
AOR Received: Jan 16

My passport is expiring in a couple of months time, and I will be attaining a new passport;
Do I need to provide updates to CIC about the new passport that will be attained and does this affect the citizenship process in any way?
You don't have to inform them when you get the new passport and this should not affect your citizenship process in anyway. However, it is advised that you take your old as well as new passport with you during test.

I was in the same situation. Be careful though... you need to submit your old passport when you apply for the new one (this is true for most countries...) And i didn't want my test date to coincide with the time when my new passport application was being processed. So i did mine in December - I still had half a year validity on my old passport. So you should be careful about that. I would suggest that you submit the application asap and get ahead of the curve.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skFSW said:
Yesterday.. I got the Fingerprint request for me

Here is timeline

App Sent-22-Sept-14
App Recei-29-Sept-14
ecas Active-Nov-25-14
In PROCESS-21-Nov-14
Received line disappear-Dec-5,14
AOR Received-Dec 17,14
FingerPrint RQ received-19-Jan-14
Hello, SKFSW

Did you receive both Finger Print request and RQ ?

ajay95

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Which is the fastest and most reliable RCMP accredited digital fingerprinting agency in Toronto for FP request from below list ?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/fingerprint.asp

ClearNeed Information Systems Inc.
Commissionaires Fingerprinting and Identification Services
Excellium
Legal-Ease Document Service
L-1 Identity Solutions
Mobile E-Fingerprint Service
National Pardon Centre

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello Citizenship Applicant friends,
I didn't receive any test letter yet, my local office is Vancouver?
My Time Line As Under:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 22, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 22, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 27, 2014.

We sent you a letter on July 7, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Alex_78

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Hello

A little follow up from my side and I need advise as well. As mentioned earlier call center gent has confirmed me they have my file at Sydney and gave me an application no. However, when i asked them when can I get an AOR email or letter I was told currently there is some error in their system hence system can not generate an AOR nor it can be told when ecas status will update. However, he told that this conversation is recorded and I am confirming you that we have your application. My question to you is that normal not to get AOR?

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alex_78 said:
Hello

A little follow up from my side and I need advise as well. As mentioned earlier call center gent has confirmed me they have my file at Sydney and gave me an application no. However, when i asked them when can I get an AOR email or letter I was told currently there is some error in their system hence system can not generate an AOR nor it can be told when ecas status will update. However, he told that this conversation is recorded and I am confirming you that we have your application. My question to you is that normal not to get AOR?
Yes it can happen, the most important is the file number, which means your ECAS will be active in the next days.

Congrats :)

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update: my ECAS status just changed from Received to In Process ;D :

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 10, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 12, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 19, 2015.

skFSW

Jan 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
12-Mar-2010 Doc'sent 24-Mar-10
AOR Received.
28-Apr-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Request
28-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
7-Dec-2011----Ottawa received on 22-Dec-2011
Interview........
waived it seems no where mentioned
Passport Req..
17-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012 received back on 22-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
26-Feb-2012
desigirltoronto84 said:
Hello, SKFSW

Did you receive both Finger Print request and RQ ?
Just FP request for me only.. not for my wife.. They asked my FP during PR processing too.. Not sure what is wrong with my profile

skFSW

Jan 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
12-Mar-2010 Doc'sent 24-Mar-10
AOR Received.
28-Apr-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Request
28-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
7-Dec-2011----Ottawa received on 22-Dec-2011
Interview........
waived it seems no where mentioned
Passport Req..
17-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012 received back on 22-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
26-Feb-2012
informatics said:
Which is your local office ?

Thanks
FP request letter came from St Clair office dated 15 Jan, I received on 19 Jan and finished yesterday

Sep 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2015
AOR Received.
29-07-2015
Hello

I applied for citizenship on sep 25th..I just called CIC to change my home address, it seems i had exam today ( missed the exam). They have sent letter to my home address instead of mailing address. I shifted my home last month so missed the exam. Any idea how long will it take for the next appointment date.

Thanks

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kishorenath007 said:
Hello

I applied for citizenship on sep 25th..I just called CIC to change my home address, it seems i had exam today ( missed the exam). They have sent letter to my home address instead of mailing address. I shifted my home last month so missed the exam. Any idea how long will it take for the next appointment date.

Thanks
Depends on local office. Normally few weeks.
I am just curious when you changed your address why didn't you immediately change the address. Do you check your eCAS?
Also no one from your home address informed you that you have a mail from CIC?
I hope everything will be alright.

Sep 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2015
AOR Received.
29-07-2015
catchvb said:
Depends on local office. Normally few weeks.
I am just curious when you changed your address why didn't you immediately change the address. Do you check your eCAS?
Also no one from your home address informed you that you have a mail for CIC?
I hope everything will be alright.
Yea my fault. I just updated today. I thought it will take 2 months to get appointment letter after receiving file number. Moreover I thought they will send the letter to mailing address. Hope I receive in few weeks and not a year :)