+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

morzilla

Jul 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called CIC agents on friday regarding my application.
My current situation is the following:

1. eCas is not showing my file: They told me that they are having issues since they are working on the new BILL. Some of the citizenship application data is being fixed. They are getting the system ready for the new rules.

2. My file was transferred to local office Scarborough on Jan 7th.

I'm just waiting for the letter to get the Test Date, and meanwhile studying for it.

Good luck to you all.

ualiu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
congratulations!
Hope everyone here have a quick pace toward passport.
morzilla said:
I called CIC agents on friday regarding my application.
My current situation is the following:

1. eCas is not showing my file: They told me that they are having issues since they are working on the new BILL law rules. Some of the citizenship application data is being fixed. They are getting the system ready for the new rules.

2. My file was transferred to local office Scarborough on Jan 7th.

I'm just waiting for the letter to get the Test Date, and meanwhile studying for it.

Good luck to you all.

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats everyone with ongoing applications and thanks for the reply! If it took that long for Single applications to be processed I'm expecting mine will take even longer -- I applied with my wife (so technically family) so I'd expect it to take longer than single applications (just don't know how long).

chin24

Dec 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itguy78 said:
Congrats HOP and everyone who received AOR!
Hop, Paco, ualiu and others from September who received AOR in January - can you reply saying if your application was single or family ? I wonder if all those who got AOR so late were all "Family" type applications.
Family

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update on my Case:

Passed the test today at Scarborough. Got 20/20 (questions were very easy and all were from the book). After the test gave interview for about 10 minutes and the officer told me that because of my trips they need to verify my dates with CBSA. I had the CBSA report with me but said they need to do inquiry themselves which usually takes about a day and I should get oath invite after that. I think they were doing the same for everyone with travel history. Those who didn't have travel history were getting the invite there.

My timeline:
Application Sent: Sept 15
AOR Received: Dec 20
Test invite: Jan 5
Test Date: Jan 19

Oct27

Oct 27, 2014
VAtoCA said:
Update on my Case:

Passed the test today at Scarborough. Got 20/20 (questions were very easy and all were from the book). After the test gave interview for about 10 minutes and the officer told me that because of my trips they need to verify my dates with CBSA. I had the CBSA report with me but said they need to do inquiry themselves which usually takes about a day and I should get oath invite after that. I think they were doing the same for everyone with travel history. Those who didn't have travel history were getting the invite there.

My timeline:

Congrats and the best for your Oath ceremony.

Can you please tell me the following

when was your file was transferred to local office?

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oct27 said:
Congrats and the best for your Oath ceremony.

Can you please tell me the following

when was your file was transferred to local office?
Thanks. I don't think my file was transferred as I live close to Scarborough. I also didn't receive any letter or email about file transfer.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VAtoCA said:
Update on my Case:

My timeline:
Congrats on passing the test. If you can remember, can you post the key questions that were asked in the test and by the officer? Also, how long do they give for the test and how long did it take you? Is your case Single OR Family? You are probably on the old eCAS like me where there is no extra line added when your file is transferred to local office. Since Dec, I have been seeing many people get that update as a 4th line.

ualiu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
Big congratulations!
What a faster processing on your case.
VAtoCA said:
Update on my Case:

My timeline:

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Congrats on passing the test. If you can remember, can you post the key questions that were asked in the test and by the officer? Also, how long do they give for the test and how long did it take you? Is your case Single OR Family? You are probably on the old eCAS like me where there is no extra line added when your file is transferred to local office. Since Dec, I have been seeing many people get that update as a 4th line.
Questions were easy and to my surprise there were 4-5 true false questions. Since it is illegal to post question (at least that's what we were told before the test today) I won't but I'll tell you this, they were easier than many online practice test. If you read the book at least once you should be fine. I think I was done in 3-4 minutes and maximum time allowed was 30 mins.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Hi ,

I was just wondering does the perception about the received line disappeared step ( someone is working on your application ) applies to Email AOr applicants as well ?

Did anyone of you have seen his/her received line disappeared as I believe now we have different type of ecas than old appplicants ?

thanks

ualiu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
I am a AOR email receiver.
the Ecas is as below:

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 30, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 13, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 14, 2015.

------

No received lien disappeared.

informatics said:
Hi ,

I was just wondering does the perception about the received line disappeared step ( someone is working on your application ) applies to Email AOr applicants as well ?

Did anyone of you have seen his/her received line disappeared as I believe now we have different type of ecas than old appplicants ?

thanks

Pamma97

Aug 19, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Jan 5th 2016 - 8.52am Purolator
Doc's Request.
Email on July 6th, 2016- submitted July 12, 2016 via case specific enquiry, Sep 2018 documents requested, PR fees requested Jan 2019
Nomination.....
CC charged March 22, 2016 (Ecase activated April 26, 2016)
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016 in Mail
File Transfer...
SA Approval on Feb 3, 2017 - transferred to OTTAWA - reassessment requested again March 2018, refused June 4 2018, again requested reassessment on June 20, 2018, SA approved again in Aug 2018
Med's Request
14-05-2018
Med's Done....
26-05-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019 rcvd pp back on 20/02/2019
LANDED..........
14/03/2019 appointment date for landing
HOP said:
;D guess what... I received my AOR from CIC thru email today with PDF file attachment... kindly see hereunder the email and pdf file

email says:

UCI: XXXXXXXX
Application No.: C0000XXXXX
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

Please find information concerning your application for citizenship in the attached document.

Sincerely,

Citizenship Official

PDF file says:

Dear XXXXX

This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship. Citizenship and Immigration Canada
(CIC) will review your application and supporting documents and will contact you if additional information is
required. When your application has been reviewed and has met basic eligibility, CIC will invite you to a
knowledge test, interview and/or ceremony, as applicable.

To become a Canadian citizen, persons between 18 and 54 years of age must meet language and knowledge
requirements:
• Ability to carry on a simple conversation in either English or French.
• Ability to pass a written or oral test on Canada's history, geography, government, and the
rights and responsibilities of citizenship.

Questions testing the knowledge requirement are based on the information provided in the Discover Canada
study guide.
• If you are receiving this letter by email, the study guide is available on the CIC website at
• If you are receiving this letter by regular mail, the study guide is enclosed.

The pass mark for the citizenship knowledge test is 75% (or at least 15 correct answers out of 20), therefore you
are encouraged to begin studying for the test as early as possible to ensure that you are able to meet the
knowledge requirement and to assist in the efficient processing of your application.

Please visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/cit-test.asp for more information on how to prepare
for the test.

It is very important that you notify CIC of any changes in your contact information (i.e., address, email, and
telephone number). Please visit our website at www.cic.gc.ca for information on:
1. How to change your contact information;
2. Application processing times;
3. Checking the status of your application.
You may also call the CIC Call Centre toll-free number at 1-888-242-2100.

Thank you,
Citizenship Official
Congratulations HOP :) when will I get a AOR.. I think I need to send application again :(