+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 - CEC Applications

jvsitd

Oct 27, 2014
I applied for PR from canada in sep 2014. But after that i came back to india in Dec 2014 because my work permit expired. Before coming to india i applied BOWP which i got in india in march 2015. Now i have got a new job offer in canada and applied for TRV based on bowp.

I am surprised to see medical request for my wife and daughter but also worried that why i habe not got the mwdical request.

Winterfox

Aug 30, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
jvsitd said:
I applied for PR from canada in sep 2014. But after that i came back to india in Dec 2014 because my work permit expired. Before coming to india i applied BOWP which i got in india in march 2015. Now i have got a new job offer in canada and applied for TRV based on bowp.

I am surprised to see medical request for my wife and daughter but also worried that why i habe not got the mwdical request.
Hey dude,
whats your profession and your wifes profession?

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jvsitd said:

where are the MRs coming from ? Ottawa or some place in India ?

jvsitd

Oct 27, 2014
I am software engineer and my wife is doctor.

My wife's medical request letter contains India visa officer address.

I am not sure about my application whether it is being processed in india or Canada.

One strange thing I noticed is after coming to India I had updated my mailing address to india address by sending an email. I was able to see my india address in online status tracking application but right now it again got changed to my previous Canada address.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jvsitd said:
I am software engineer and my wife is doctor.

My wife's medical request letter contains India visa officer address.

I am not sure about my application whether it is being processed in india or Canada.

One strange thing I noticed is after coming to India I had updated my mailing address to india address by sending an email. I was able to see my india address in online status tracking application but right now it again got changed to my previous Canada address.
thanks for sharing this information, if so , it is possibly your case have been moved back to india not in Ottawa . so your timeline have no reference value .

one good thing is , there is no brutal decision for all the backlog . they are still trying to finish them. just very very very very ..... slow slow ...

goalkb

Aug 30, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Med's Done....
End of October
yixiaop26 said:
thanks for sharing this information, if so , it is possibly your case have been moved back to india not in Ottawa . so your timeline have no reference value .

one good thing is , there is no brutal decision for all the backlog . they are still trying to finish them. just very very very very ..... slow slow ...
Hi yixiaop26,

All the CEC processing and decision made for CEC is happening in Ottawa and not in any local consulates.

Hi jvsitd,

I still think, if the request is from local officer, then it should be for your TRV only. I am assuming that may be they have your medicals done recently, which they considered for you.

You can anyways reply to the mail and clarify your doubts on your medicals is necessary or not. Hopefully in the request you should be having a file number. The file number should be same as your PR application number sent as part of AOR. You can check that.

Cheers,
Goalkb

CEC2013RAY

Jul 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2014
Doc's Request.
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
02-03-2015
Passport Req..
01-03-2016
goalkb said:
Hi yixiaop26,

All the CEC processing and decision made for CEC is happening in Ottawa and not in any local consulates.

Hi jvsitd,

I still think, if the request is from local officer, then it should be for your TRV only. I am assuming that may be they have your medicals done recently, which they considered for you.

You can anyways reply to the mail and clarify your doubts on your medicals is necessary or not. Hopefully in the request you should be having a file number. The file number should be same as your PR application number sent as part of AOR. You can check that.

Cheers,
Goalkb
Yes. I believe the medical request is for TRV application as well.

Two reasons:
1) The office in the email indicates Indian office processing.
2) Principal applicant's wife is a doctor, who works in a health industry, thus a medical check is mandatory for TRV application.

jvsitd

Oct 27, 2014
CEC2013RAY said:
Yes. I believe the medical request is for TRV application as well.

Two reasons:
1) The office in the email indicates Indian office processing.
2) Principal applicant's wife is a doctor, who works in a health industry, thus a medical check is mandatory for TRV application.
Hi,

It looks like the request is for TRV only and not for PR :(
I verified that application number mentioned in the form starts with 'V' and mobile number is the one mentioned in TRV application.

So again back to waiting mode for PR and getting ready for delay in TRV as well. :(

I have a question regarding TRV. I got medical request for my wife and my daughter and not for myself. Does it mean that my TRV will be processed first and then i will get my family's TRV after their medicals or TRV for whole family is always processed together and i also have to wait for my family's medicals and TRV?

Sep14CEC_2282

Sep 13, 2015
Hello Guys,

I need your advice on upfront medical. I am sep 4th applicant and like others I have not heard anything back from CIC after AOR.

Currently I am in India and applying for company specific WP (ICT ). For that I have done upfront medical at CIC approved emedical hospital. I have got a UMI number from hospital. I need to submit the same with WP application.

My question is, Can I use the same UMI ( i mean same medical results ) for PR application also.? I am thinking to send email to CIC for upfront medical but I am worrying that It may impact my ICT WP application in case one medical result cannot be used in two immigration applications.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sep14CEC_2282 said:
Hello Guys,

I need your advice on upfront medical. I am sep 4th applicant and like others I have not heard anything back from CIC after AOR.

Currently I am in India and applying for company specific WP (ICT ). For that I have done upfront medical at CIC approved emedical hospital. I have got a UMI number from hospital. I need to submit the same with WP application.

My question is, Can I use the same UMI ( i mean same medical results ) for PR application also.? I am thinking to send email to CIC for upfront medical but I am worrying that It may impact my ICT WP application in case one medical result cannot be used in two immigration applications.
i don't think that should be an issue. medical results can be used for different apps.

someone more experienced could advise ...

aryaban

Star Member
Dec 30, 2014
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
Doc's Request.
16-02-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11-02-2015
IELTS Request
upfront on 08-04-2014
File Transfer...
29-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
31-12-2014
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
10-03-2016
Sep14CEC_2282 said:
Hello Guys,

Quite on the same boat, twice.

You can very well send them the scanned copies of your medical report proof (the one pager with UMI#) for both your CIC applications.

I have done the same in Jan and while they have not reflected that on ECAS, they have confirmed to have received it over phone.

I have just done my meds again and gonna send them my reports and UMI# again. Because I'm on the verge of expiring the last upfront.

FYI _ Med reports are valid for 9 months now. Contrary to the popular belief of 12 months. Confirmation from the eMed clinic I went to last Sat.

s2110

Sep 14, 2015
Hi,
I have got my AOR and I am waiting for my medicals. I am getting married in October and I am just wondering if I can add my wife name in the file before we get married and can share the marriage proof details later.

I heard that if I include my wife's name at the time of my medicals, it will take less time for her PR to be done.

Please share your valuable suggestions.
Should I submit my medicals, wait until we get married and then add my wife's name on the file (or) Can I add my wife's name before we get married by doing upfront medicals and then later submit the required details.

I am not sure which of the processes gets completed faster.

ABS_1382

May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
All docs sent with the file...
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
08-03-2016 (Upfront - Med and RPRF)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016, Passport Sent: 18-04-2016, Received Back: 04-05-2016
Buddy, I dont think you can add the details of your wife before marriage...as technically she is not your wife till you are married...one option could be that you do the court marriage now so that you have the marriage certificate and then you can add her...I believe once you add her...CIC will ask for all the details like some forms, marriage certificate, birth certificate, visa fees etc..... etc......Anyways we are not expected to get medicals anytime soon...so I would suggest go as per your plan...get married in Oct and then send the details for your wife to CIC...and till then if you havent got the medicals...go for upfront if you want....
Thanks...

aryaban

Star Member
Dec 30, 2014
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
Doc's Request.
16-02-2015
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
11-02-2015
IELTS Request
upfront on 08-04-2014
File Transfer...
29-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
31-12-2014
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
10-03-2016
s2110 said:
Hi,
I have got my AOR and I am waiting for my medicals. I am getting married in October and I am just wondering if I can add my wife name in the file before we get married and can share the marriage proof details later.

I heard that if I include my wife's name at the time of my medicals, it will take less time for her PR to be done.

Please share your valuable suggestions.
Should I submit my medicals, wait until we get married and then add my wife's name on the file (or) Can I add my wife's name before we get married by doing upfront medicals and then later submit the required details.

I am not sure which of the processes gets completed faster.
CIC will ask for a set of doucmnets once you notify them of your marriage, and most of those you wouldn't have unless you really get married!

To save time, what you can do is, gather round the following documents that you'll be asked for, so, when you contact them right after your court marriage, you'll be ready with the stuff.

wedding pictures
communication between the two of your - emails, phone evidences and financial transactions
pictures before, during and after the dating phase into the wedding phase
trip tickets, if any - taken together or towards each other
outstation photographs and couple photos with other family members, better if same set appears more than once
and drumrolls... your love story!!!

Do not waste any time after you get married to inform them, and get started withr esponses.
If you're lucky, CIC will start to talk to you in the same timeframe they're likely to ask for medicals, so you'll have a regular communication with them which has been a distant dream for all of us so far!

and finally, Congratulations! :)

Aymaan

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
from the SEP 2014 batch did any one received the MR ? please suggest ? I never thought that it will take so long...