+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2013 Applications

bforrester21

Mar 26, 2012
iamroth said:
Yes normally it is 60 days. Read the email and attached instructions carefully, and it should have that info.
So you have to have the medical within 60 days?
Or actually get the results to them within 60 days?

If anyone could answer a few questions for me, that would be great :)

a) How much is a medical (in the UK) roughly?
b) What happens after you send off the medical report? What is the next stage of the CEC process?

Thanks, guys

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
bforrester21 said:
So you have to have the medical within 60 days?
Or actually get the results to them within 60 days?

If anyone could answer a few questions for me, that would be great :)

a) How much is a medical (in the UK) roughly?
b) What happens after you send off the medical report? What is the next stage of the CEC process?

Thanks, guys
They have to get your to them result within 60 days.
The letter says "You are required to undergo the medical examinations within 60 days of the date of this letter". So i am guessing they must receive the report.

1) I am not form UK, but i read somewhere it is around 300 pounds.
2) Your doctor will send the reports to Health services, who will recommend Pass or fail to your Visa officer. If everything is good, you will be asked to submit your Passport with in a week or month (after they have received your medical).

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
pradeepkc said:
Can we get the new SIN number before getting the PR card?
Yes you can apply for the SIN right after you land. As per website, it takes around 10 days to arrive.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
How much % of Sept group got MR till now

MBACanada

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tropicflite said:
I just got back from doing the medicals with the 2 kids I have with me here in Toronto and I would like to report my happy experience. We found Dr. Kuhlmann on the the list of panel physicians and made our appointments last Saturday for today. When we arrived at the office we had to show our passports and then fill out and sign a short medical questionnaire, ticking 'no' to all the questions such as 'have you ever had tuberculosis?', etc. The cost was $160 per person (cash only), so $480 for all 3 of us, not including xrays (which are done in another office 4km away).

The exam itself was not very long. They took our pictures with a digital camera, and then we did height and weight, blood pressure, vision, urine, blood (not for my 13 year old daughter), and a quick 'shirt and shoes off' exam. Easy peasy.

After that was finished they told us everything was fine and gave us papers to bring to the xray office. At the xray place we paid another $36 each ($108 in total) and had the xrays done. They said it takes 2 days for them to send the xrays to Dr. Kuhlmann's office, who will then upload the results.

So, the entire cost was $588 for the 3 of us, and the whole thing including travel time between offices was about 2 hrs. It all went off without a hitch so if anyone in the Toronto area still needs to do their medical I would recommend this office.

Hey

Did you results reach CIC by now?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
bforrester21 said:
Hi,

I received my MR last night.
Not sure if anybody wants to update the Spreadsheet.

Application received: 9th Oct
AOR: 19th Nov
MR: 16th April

Cheers, guys. Best of luck to the rest of you.

Ben
Please fill out this form http://goo.gl/oVgYyJ so I can update the spreadsheet.

EDIT: Please post in the October thread, as your application has been received at the CIO in October, not September.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
auracreates said:
Hi Toby,

Can you begin work for any employer after you receive your CoPR? Like, can a permanent SIN card (that doesn't start with 9) be applied for?

Thanks
Yes, you can apply for a new SIN after you've completed the landing. And yes, you can start to work for a new employer right away.
After completing the landing you become a permanent resident.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
gladaki said:
How much % of Sept group got MR till now
Check this sheet on our spreadsheet my friend :)
>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsFmKvHOgoF5dHE5YWtMUzFZckhzZHE1bmF0NDVmMEE#gid=7

83% received the MR and 19 MRs are still missing.

Mar 31, 2014
Just wondering if anyone has an idea of how long it takes for the PPR since the date you got your medicals done? ECAS reflects medicals received as of yesterday so they probably got them a few days back.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
iam_toby said:
Check this sheet on our spreadsheet my friend :)
>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsFmKvHOgoF5dHE5YWtMUzFZckhzZHE1bmF0NDVmMEE#gid=7

83% received the MR and 19 MRs are still missing.
Thats one of the most detail spreadsheet I have ever seen. How much time you spend on it..Probably I can copy it for november

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
justanotherapplicant said:
Just wondering if anyone has an idea of how long it takes for the PPR since the date you got your medicals done? ECAS reflects medicals received as of yesterday so they probably got them a few days back.
No, no one knows. Can be anywhere between a couple of days to a month or two...

Paulie124

Jul 24, 2013
Hi All,

So I checked my E-CAS today and the below came in over night

3.Medical results have been received.
4.A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

I'm super nervous, is that how they phrase it when you are successful or when they are about to deport you from the country??? ??? ???

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
byrwus said:
83% represents the number of people who did medicals with or without a request.

Look at formulas.
Correct, because I need the 100% whenever all applicants have either received the MR or completed
upfront medicals. The number "77" reflects applicants who've actually received the MR, I excluded applicants
who underwent upfront medicals in that count.