+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seniorsss Please Help

jenny.can

Star Member
Jul 1, 2009
Hi Seniorsss.... Please help.

I sent my full application to ND in October. Today I got a letter saying that I need to take my medicals.

But I was confirmed for pregnancy last weekend. I am 3 months pregnant now. Can I do my medicals now?

What should I do.. people are telling me that I should not do xray tests. I dont know what I need to do.

Will CIC give me more time till the birth of my child. Please advice.

What do I need to do now. Please advice.

Thanks,
Jenny

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

During pregnancy X-Ray is not advisable. If necessary, for other medical investigation a pregnant woman may be asked to undergo ultrasound scanning which is safe. But for CIC medical exam they require chest X-Ray.

Better you contact CIC stating the reason that you cannot undergo the medical exam at this stage. I am sure they will consider your request.

Regards.

jenny.can said:

I sent my full application to ND in October. Today I got a letter saying that I need to take my medicals.

But I was confirmed for pregnancy last weekend. I am 3 months pregnant now. Can I do my medicals now?

What should I do.. people are telling me that I should not do xray tests. I dont know what I need to do.

Thanks,
Jenny

Louay

Oct 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London-UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys:
Is there any problem if I am a smoker???I mean will that affect the medicals ???
plz advice.

Louay

Oct 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London-UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what's the problem????? no answers today???????????

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Louay said:
Hi guys:
Is there any problem if I am a smoker???I mean will that affect the medicals ???
plz advice.
No. unless you have some serious disease caused by smoking.

bennyameh

Dec 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To Jenny.can
All you need do is to e-mail/fax/write the CHC stating your reason to seek for extension of the medicals and it will be granted.
Let us know when you put to bed.
Good luck
Benny

Louay

Oct 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London-UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey Benny:
don't u have an answer for my question about smoking????

ADA

Mar 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Mar 2009
Doc's Request.
07 Apr 2009 - Sent on 29 Jun 2009
I am not sure If you need to do a Chest XRay if your TB test comes -ve.

TB test can be done on your skin. But being pregnant you cannot take LIVE VIRUS vaccines like MMR..

Check with the civil surgeon (take your pregnacy proof and ask your Gynac to provide a letter to the CIC civil surgeon statting you cannot get chest xray, cannot get live virus vacccination etc etc.

To the guy who smokes... quit while you r ahead!! smoking may not impact, unless your liver,lungs are screwed i guess... (BTW : they smoke in Canada as well)

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Louay said:
Hi guys:
plz advice.
No, as long as the X-Rays do not reveal anything alarming. Just Chill, Man.
A lot of people who smoke have got PR and some are already citizens of Canada.

And, I think you should apologize to the originator of this thread for hijacking it. 8)

BobbyB

Louay

Oct 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London-UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes u r right......I am sorry for the owner of this thread...I am really sorry....forgive me...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jenny.can said:

I sent my full application to ND in October. Today I got a letter saying that I need to take my medicals. But I was confirmed for pregnancy last weekend. I am 3 months pregnant now. Can I do my medicals now?

What should I do.. people are telling me that I should not do xray tests. I dont know what I need to do. Will CIC give me more time till the birth of my child.

Please advice. What do I need to do now. Please advice.

Thanks,
Jenny
Hi,

U r one of the lucky few on 2 counts. One, that u got the Meds so soon [less than 3 months]. Second, that u r expecting, that's an ultmate joy, Congratulations !

Now to the query proper. If u can avoid, take the meds later. CIC'll definitely approve it once u write to them, with or w/out any proof supporting your pregnancy.

However, if u do not want the delay, u can contact your DMP. There's a way of avoiding the harmfull x-rays reaching your foetus. The Radiologist can sheild your abdomen by using a metallic screen. Note that the x-ray is only for the Chest PA view.

And the DMP'd also intimate the CHC about your pregnancy. Which is required as per law, for the ease of the child's future citizenship. Now, whether CIC permits pregnant women to land, or they ought to deliver before visas, I'm not aware of.

Hope that helps.

Congrats once again !
Qorax.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

My opinion is, even if a safe medical is done, there can be few more months time required to get the PR visa and preparation for travel. By that time, may be she is in her advanced stage of pregnancy and has to travel to Canada. She may not get medical insurance for the first 3 months from landing and if a temporary medical insurance is to be taken, the policy premium will be higher for the pregnant women (?).So, every thing should be planned wisely. However, take an appropriate decision considering every ones opinions.

Here is a clipping for guidance from 'Better health channel'

Pregnancy and travel

Generally speaking, the safest time for a pregnant woman to travel is during her second trimester, provided she isn't experiencing any complications. If you are pregnant and considering travel, you must consult with your doctor, especially if your pregnancy is high-risk. Take into consideration the standard of medical care at your chosen destination, just in case you need help. .

High-risk pregnancies
Pregnant women experiencing complications are advised not to travel. Some of these complications include:

Cervical problems, such as 'incompetent cervix'
Vaginal bleeding
Multiple foetuses
If you are aged 35 years or over and pregnant for the first time
Gestational diabetes, past or present
High blood pressure, past or present
Pre-eclampsia, past or present
Abnormalities of the placenta, past or present
Prior miscarriage
Prior ectopic pregnancy
Prior premature labour.

nimmiboy

Apr 22, 2005
Riyadh - KSA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jenny.can said:

Thanks,
Jenny
Write an explanation to CIC all situation I am sure you may be granted extention by CIC, same case was happend with my sister and CIC granted the extention for her medical till the baby birth.

Hpe that helps.

Regards

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi jenny,

First of all let me congratulate you on getting Medicals call. In my opinion qorax is right, because if baby is born before Visa you may have to apply afresh for your newly born baby. Plz take this aspect in mind also.

God Bless U.