+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sending PASSPORT to India from Canada!! Please Suggest**URGENT**

Indocanda

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Hi All,

I have got my medicals on Nov 8 and I need to send all the documents along with Passport within 60 days. Currently I'm working in Canada in a work permit and cannot travel soon. I have two options to send the passport for stamping.

1. Send all the documents along with passport through courier service (heard it is illegal)
2. Send all the documents through someone who would be travelling to India with an authorization letter.

Can anyone please advise what is the easiest way for me to send the passport from Canada? It is bit urgent. If anybody was in this situation earlier and have sent the passport to Indian through any method, please respond.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. You're right - this is illegal. So this isn't an option.
2. This is the option you should select if you cannot travel to India yourself.

Indocanda

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Thanks for the response! I have also read that there are people who have sent the passport to India through courier and it was delivered without any problem.

Is there anybody in the forum who has faced the same issue? Please respond.

scylla said:
1. You're right - this is illegal. So this isn't an option.
2. This is the option you should select if you cannot travel to India yourself.

jasmine kaur-22

Star Member
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Indocanda said:
Thanks for the response! I have also read that there are people who have sent the passport to India through courier and it was delivered without any problem.

Yes u can send ur passport n other documents to India via courier but make sure to give your Indian address to NDVO in order to send ur passport back bcoz ndvo don't send passport to canada directly or if they send then it will come by snail mail in 2 months, so its better to provide ur indian address to ndvo and then any of ur friend or relative can send ur passport back to u thru courier.

put your indian address in your passport and also send cover letter to NDVO with your indian address on it n requesting them to send ur paasport on this address...dnt forget to put ur immigration file number, full name, contact info and also ur signature in the bottom.

I hope this will help...

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
Indocanda said:

Hi,
My friend who has landed in Toronto 2 month ago, has send his passport to UK so that her wife can get her lost driving licence reissue (in short - he changed uk address 3 month before coming to canada. Lost his uk driving licence and for lost uk licence if you need on new address then DVLA need passport to verify his identity) . UK driving licence got issue in 2 week and when her wife send that passport and new driving licence back to canada by DHL Courrier that time Canada custom has held his parcel or over 2 week in name of investigation.
Whenever he called them they say they can't comment and doing some checks ,and they don't know how much time it will take .

As UK driving licence with passport showing everything so he got his passport and DL without much problem after 3 weeks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Aquib said:
Hi,
My friend who has landed in Toronto 2 month ago, has send his passport to UK so that her wife can get her lost driving licence reissue (in short - he changed uk address 3 month before coming to canada. Lost his uk driving licence and for lost uk licence if you need on new address then DVLA need passport to verify his identity) . UK driving licence got issue in 2 week and when her wife send that passport and new driving licence back to canada by DHL Courrier that time Canada custom has held his parcel or over 2 week in name of investigation.
Whenever he called them they say they can't comment and doing some checks ,and they don't know how much time it will take .

As UK driving licence with passport showing everything so he got his passport and DL without much problem after 3 weeks.
You should note the discussion is about sending the passport to India, which is in violation of Indian laws. Sending to the UK doesn't violate Canadian or UK laws.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
PMM said:
Hi

You should note the discussion is about sending the passport to India, which is in violation of Indian laws. Sending to the UK doesn't violate Canadian or UK laws.

For your info sending passport outside country is illegal anywhere but custom normally overlook matter if thats being send for legimate reason.

Thats what shown in previous post that Canadian custom hold parcel for 3 weeks and release only after they done there checks.
And its got release as Canadian govt / official are not croupt as Indian officers. So mind even before thinking to send it to India by post.
Even if you send it by hand then also its illegal .
It may be case that Canadian embassy in India hold that passport and called you for interview in that case you will be stuck.

Best is to go India and get your PR stamped. You can explain your employer that its an emergencey and you need to go .

People do try to use short cuts and go through succesfully. But if they get stuck then they had to suffer .

tom tucker

Sep 24, 2012
Your post is totally irrelevant... You can send an Indian passport out of the country with proper authorization letter...

Indocanda

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Did anybody went through the same situation? did anybody used courier service to send the passport to Indian from Canada? If we have anybody in this forum, please respond.

tom tucker said:
Your post is totally irrelevant... You can send an Indian passport out of the country with proper authorization letter...

glittershine

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Indocanda said:
Hi All,

I have got my medicals on Nov 8 and I need to send all the documents along with Passport within 60 days. Currently I'm working in Canada in a work permit and cannot travel soon. I have two options to send the passport for stamping.

1. Send all the documents along with passport through courier service (heard it is illegal)
2. Send all the documents through someone who would be travelling to India with an authorization letter.

Can anyone please advise what is the easiest way for me to send the passport from Canada? It is bit urgent. If anybody was in this situation earlier and have sent the passport to Indian through any method, please respond.
Hi

I am in the same situation as you are. My mom is here in Canada with me but i recvd the Nov 8th letter fr medicals, PCC and passport. I checked with a lawyer here in Tornto and she said it is safe to send it via courier directly to the embassy and this is what the embassy have asked to do so as per the letter. I am taking a chance and will be sending my mom's passport via courier by next week to India. Meanwhile, you can also let me kow as to what you have decided in this matter.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

glittershine said:
Hi

I am in the same situation as you are. My mom is here in Canada with me but i recvd the Nov 8th letter fr medicals, PCC and passport. I checked with a lawyer here in Tornto and she said it is safe to send it via courier directly to the embassy and this is what the embassy have asked to do so as per the letter. I am taking a chance and will be sending my mom's passport via courier by next week to India. Meanwhile, you can also let me kow as to what you have decided in this matter.
Did you read the India passport? Is the lawyer going to retrieve it, if it is seized by Indian customs? CHC ND won't send the passport to anything other than an address in India.

glittershine

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
PMM said:
Hi

Did you read the India passport? Is the lawyer going to retrieve it, if it is seized by Indian customs? CHC ND won't send the passport to anything other than an address in India.
Yes, i read the Indian passport and dont think so the lawyer is going to retrieve it. I am taking this chance since i have absolutely no one in India to help me out with this situation. All i can do if its seized is report the authorities here and try making a duplicate one (hopeso). For India, i have one address which i will be giving for passport return and when that happens its another battle to bring it here. My mom is here from the past 3 years as we have been extending her visa and now she has her extensiontill next Dec 2013. I am just taking this chance and spoke to multiple lawyers who have said this happens always and they have mailed the ppts to India.

Dont know how far this is true. But yes have heard in other forums and this forum about passport reaching safely and also not reaching safely.

I am just praying that ours and all those who are taking this step the passport should reach safely.

drdgmmrm

Aug 6, 2010
New Westminster
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th 2011
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
Oct 3rd 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
Nov 11th 2011
Med's Request
July 26th 2012
Med's Done....
Aug 20
Interview........
nil
Passport Req..
July 26 2012
VISA ISSUED...
20th Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Since 31st Dec, 2012 :)
I took the chance and sent passports for visa stamping in August. It was delivered at the CH, New Delhi on 1st September. I got the PR and passports with visa on 20th Nov. Now the hastle begins, no courier would knowingly accept passports to be sent OUT FROM iNDIA. WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO BRING IT TO US AT THE EARLIEST.

Indocanda

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Can you please let me know which courier service you choose to send the passports to India? I might be doing the same thing from here as my PCC is getting delayed. I would be asking more time from CHC, DELHI if my PCC is delayed and I cannot meet the 60 days timeframe. Please let me know the courier service and the days it took to reach Delhi. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

drdgmmrm said:
I took the chance and sent passports for visa stamping in August. It was delivered at the CH, New Delhi on 1st September. I got the PR and passports with visa on 20th Nov. Now the hastle begins, no courier would knowingly accept passports to be sent OUT FROM iNDIA. WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO BRING IT TO US AT THE EARLIEST.

drdgmmrm

Aug 6, 2010
New Westminster
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th 2011
Doc's Request.