+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

self employment work experience

Franz Maurer

Sep 4, 2023
Hi everybody,
I'm wondering if self employment experience outside Canada is accepted for Skilled Worker streams in New Brunswick and Manitoba?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everybody,
I'm wondering if self employment experience outside Canada is accepted for Skilled Worker streams in New Brunswick and Manitoba?
Since NB program is based on a job offer, you need you can prove the job through employer references for that NOC. For Manitoba, check the requirements if your job offer must match your experience too. Do you have a job offer and family in Manitoba to be eligible?

https://www2.gnb.ca/content/dam/gnb/Departments/petl-epft/PDF/PopGrowth/GuideSWApplicantsEmployerSupport.pdf?random=1693875387885&_gl=1*fktwn*_ga*Mjk5MjgxNTUuMTY5Mzg3NTM4OQ..*_ga_F531P4D0XX*MTY5Mzg3NTM4OC4xLjAuMTY5Mzg3NTM4OC4wLjAuMA..&_ga=2.2012978.287849367.1693875389-29928155.1693875389

Franz Maurer

Sep 4, 2023
Since NB program is based on a job offer, you need you can prove the job through employer references for that NOC. For Manitoba, check the requirements if your job offer must match your experience too. Do you have a job offer and family in Manitoba to be eligible?

https://www2.gnb.ca/content/dam/gnb/Departments/petl-epft/PDF/PopGrowth/GuideSWApplicantsEmployerSupport.pdf?random=1693875387885&_gl=1*fktwn*_ga*Mjk5MjgxNTUuMTY5Mzg3NTM4OQ..*_ga_F531P4D0XX*MTY5Mzg3NTM4OC4xLjAuMTY5Mzg3NTM4OC4wLjAuMA..&_ga=2.2012978.287849367.1693875389-29928155.1693875389
I've read the NB Guide that you linked. It does not specify if self employment experience is accepted or no. However in document checklist it says "if your work experience is based on self-employment". That's why I'm asking. Can I get a yes or no to my question please?
I also checked MB PNP eligibility for Skilled Worker in Manitoba and Skilled Worker Overseas pathways and they only specify that part of experience gained in Manitoba cannot be self-employed, but they don't say if experience gained outside Canada can or cannot be self-employed. So I need a yes or no on this one too.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I've read the NB Guide that you linked. It does not specify if self employment experience is accepted or no. However in document checklist it says "if your work experience is based on self-employment". That's why I'm asking. Can I get a yes or no to my question please?
I also checked MB PNP eligibility for Skilled Worker in Manitoba and Skilled Worker Overseas pathways and they only specify that part of experience gained in Manitoba cannot be self-employed, but they don't say if experience gained outside Canada can or cannot be self-employed. So I need a yes or no on this one too.
It is on page 16 of the NB guide. MB would accept it. Assume your job offers match your work experience. Are your scores hight enough for invitation?

vladandrie51

Star Member
Mar 14, 2019
I've got a file number for my MPNP application and part of my work exp was self employed in my country.

I've got official papers for opening and closing my self employed company (not sure how to call it in english), invoice for every month, and a letter from my employer similar to what iRCC requires for regular work contract but it was saying I worked as self employed, not their employee

Reactions: Franz Maurer

Franz Maurer

Sep 4, 2023
I've got a file number for my MPNP application and part of my work exp was self employed in my country.

I've got official papers for opening and closing my self employed company (not sure how to call it in english), invoice for every month, and a letter from my employer similar to what iRCC requires for regular work contract but it was saying I worked as self employed, not their employee
Great and that was accepted?
What stream are you applying for exactly?