+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-addressed envelope

nicmart

Aug 8, 2012
Category........
FSW
Hello, my partner living in Ireland is trying to gather documents to apply for a single entry visa at the Canadian embassy based in UK.
Now the P227E checklist below mentions to include:

"Self-addressed envelope to return your passports and documents from EVERYONE who is submitting an application either by mail, drop box or in person."

URL: canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/assets/pdfs/P227E%20-%20TRV%20checklist.pdf

Considering she lives in Ireland, how would you suggest she can provide such a thing when mailing in her application? Does she need to get to the UK to buy a prepaid enveloppe or is it just a non pre-paid enveloppe with her name and address on it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards.

nicmart

Aug 8, 2012
Category........
FSW
Can one person please confirm the answer given in the following post:

canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t108215.0.html

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-05-2013 LOA dated 10-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
27-11-13 results submitted//add'l med req 01-13-2014 submitted 1-30-14
Interview........
Ecas "in process 2-18-2014"
Passport Req..
08-04-2014 (Apr. 27, '14 ecas changed to decision made)
LANDED..........
22-03-2014 entered as TFW under YNP/May,22,'14 Landed as Immigrant
nicmart said:
Hello, my partner living in Ireland is trying to gather documents to apply for a single entry visa at the Canadian embassy based in UK.
Now the P227E checklist below mentions to include:

"Self-addressed envelope to return your passports and documents from EVERYONE who is submitting an application either by mail, drop box or in person."

URL: canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/assets/pdfs/P227E%20-%20TRV%20checklist.pdf

Considering she lives in Ireland, how would you suggest she can provide such a thing when mailing in her application? Does she need to get to the UK to buy a prepaid enveloppe or is it just a non pre-paid enveloppe with her name and address on it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards.
Hi,

How are you gonna send your applications? By post mail? I sent my applications to CHC New York thru courier, I used Fedex since it's fast, reliable & they accept passport/s. I included in my applications a money order address to FEDEX and return airway bill that I already filled-up for my self-addressed envelope to return my docs & passport.

:)

nicmart

Aug 8, 2012
Category........
FSW
The application will be sent by registered mail from Ireland to UK with AnPost services.
I'm referring to the self-addressed enveloppe one has to include in the application to get their passeport back. Does it need to be prepaid/stamped or is it enough to just put your name and address on it?

As the applicant is in Ireland, buying a UK prepaid/stamped enveloppe might prove a bit hard to get...

XEON21

Jan 30, 2012
nicmart said:
The application will be sent by registered mail from Ireland to UK with AnPost services.
I'm referring to the self-addressed enveloppe one has to include in the application to get their passeport back. Does it need to be prepaid/stamped or is it enough to just put your name and address on it?

As the applicant is in Ireland, buying a UK prepaid/stamped enveloppe might prove a bit hard to get...
Hi Nicmart,

I am having the same issue. It says in my email that I need to include a self addressed envelope. No postage is necessary. So I guess I have to just sent plain envleope with my address on it. Have you sent yours yet?

nicmart

Aug 8, 2012
Category........
FSW
XEON21 said:
Hi Nicmart,

I am having the same issue. It says in my email that I need to include a self addressed envelope. No postage is necessary. So I guess I have to just sent plain envleope with my address on it. Have you sent yours yet?
Not yet but I think my partner will send her application with a letter big enough to contain her passeport without postage. After all, it only says "Self-addressed enveloppe", not "Prepaid". Of course, it proves impossible to contact the embassy to ask such questions, no reply after more than a week although request marked urgent :(

nicmart

Aug 8, 2012
Category........
FSW
Here is the official reply from the embassy:

Just include an envelop with your name and address, we will return the documents by signed for service.
You do not need to worry about stamps.
Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit

Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux
Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada
38 Grosvenor Street
London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA
United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
Is you partner an Irish citizen? if so she doesn't need a travel visa as Ireland is a visit exempt.