+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking Guidance on Canadian Colleges/Universities for Computer Science Graduates from Pakistan

Mario_AB

Star Member
Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I am reaching out to seek some guidance and recommendations regarding option for Pakistani international students in Canada. Below is my profile on a high level.

I completed my bachelor's degree in computer sciences back in 2018, with a CGPA of 2.84. Since then, I worked for three years in game development until 2022. I have been out of work since 2022 and planning to further my education in Canada.

One of the initial steps I am taking is preparing for the IELTS examination. I believe ielts is a requirement for visa application and there are colleges which would accept english proficiency certificate from university. As i am initiating my research, I have a couple of questions and would greatly appreciate any insights or advice you can provide:
  1. Language Certification: Are there any colleges or universities in Canada that would accept certification from my previous university indicating that the medium of instruction was in English? I am wondering if this could potentially exempt me from taking the IELTS exam.
  2. Educational Institutions: Given my academic background and work experience, can you recommend any colleges or universities in Canada that may be suitable for someone with my qualifications?
  3. Ties in Canada My parents and brother is canadian permanent resident holder and will be sponsoring my education. I don't have bank account under my name but i can get sponsorship letter from my parents and brother.
  4. Ielts Requirement: What level of English proficiency is required for application to Universities. I know the requirements vary from university to university.
Additionally, I would like to inquire about the best visa stream for applicants from Pakistan. Eventually i would like to get settled in Canada. I am open to all colleges and location within Canada.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello All,

I am reaching out to seek some guidance and recommendations regarding option for Pakistani international students in Canada. Below is my profile on a high level.

I completed my bachelor's degree in computer sciences back in 2018, with a CGPA of 2.84. Since then, I worked for three years in game development until 2022. I have been out of work since 2022 and planning to further my education in Canada.

One of the initial steps I am taking is preparing for the IELTS examination. I believe ielts is a requirement for visa application and there are colleges which would accept english proficiency certificate from university. As i am initiating my research, I have a couple of questions and would greatly appreciate any insights or advice you can provide:
  1. Language Certification: Are there any colleges or universities in Canada that would accept certification from my previous university indicating that the medium of instruction was in English? I am wondering if this could potentially exempt me from taking the IELTS exam.
  2. Educational Institutions: Given my academic background and work experience, can you recommend any colleges or universities in Canada that may be suitable for someone with my qualifications?
  3. Ties in Canada My parents and brother is canadian permanent resident holder and will be sponsoring my education. I don't have bank account under my name but i can get sponsorship letter from my parents and brother.
  4. Ielts Requirement: What level of English proficiency is required for application to Universities. I know the requirements vary from university to university.
Additionally, I would like to inquire about the best visa stream for applicants from Pakistan. Eventually i would like to get settled in Canada. I am open to all colleges and location within Canada.

I look forward to hearing from you.
1. You need IELTS but you have to check each school’s language requirements. Depends where you went to school
2. You will have to do your research but select a program that builds on education and career. Given #2, you really need a strong program like a Masters
3. This will weaken your application as you don’t have any family in home country. If parents are PRs and living in Canada then you can’t show any family ties. How old are you? If over 22, and not funding most of your education then chances of refusal are higher. You need a bank account. IRCC doesn’t need to consider a sponsorship letter from brother and parents. So you need funds in your bank account so consider a gift deed.
4. Depends on the school. You need to do the research.

Research Express Entry and PNPs. Learn French.

Mario_AB

Star Member
Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. You need IELTS but you have to check each school’s language requirements. Depends where you went to school
2. You will have to do your research but select a program that builds on education and career. Given #2, you really need a strong program like a Masters
3. This will weaken your application as you don’t have any family in home country. If parents are PRs and living in Canada then you can’t show any family ties. How old are you? If over 22, and not funding most of your education then chances of refusal are higher. You need a bank account. IRCC doesn’t need to consider a sponsorship letter from brother and parents. So you need funds in your bank account so consider a gift deed.
4. Depends on the school. You need to do the research.

Research Express Entry and PNPs. Learn French.
Thank you for our response.

I welcome your suggestions and will start working on some of the points you highlighted. ie., funds, ielts etc.

I was hoping to get a list of universities/colleges which would help me to narrow down my research. I know the process to start is overwhelming with quite a few things going against my situation.

Looking forward to valuable feedback from other members and will take it from there.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for our response.

I welcome your suggestions and will start working on some of the points you highlighted. ie., funds, ielts etc.

I was hoping to get a list of universities/colleges which would help me to narrow down my research. I know the process to start is overwhelming with quite a few things going against my situation.

Looking forward to valuable feedback from other members and will take it from there.
No one here is going to do the research for you. It will depend on what your career aspirations are and if you want to pursue a Masters. It is your career and future so you have to decide what in what are you want to further your education in. If you don’t want to do the research then hire a licensed immigration consultant. Make sure you pick a DLI public university or college.