+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeing status "Withdrawn by OINP"

deep78

Mar 12, 2015
Hi ,

I got my NOI on Apr 12, I registered in the OINP website but was not able to submit the application in 14 days.
I did not withdraw my application,now the application says "Withdrawn by OINP". My question is can I submit another application or my NOI has been wasted?

Thanks
Deepanker

tarekm

May 23, 2017
Hi ,

I got my NOI on Apr 12, I registered in the OINP website but was not able to submit the application in 14 days.
I did not withdraw my application,now the application says "Withdrawn by OINP". My question is can I submit another application or my NOI has been wasted?

Thanks
Deepanker
Hi I'm in the same situation, what did you do? did you create another one?

anija09

Apr 17, 2017
Can some one please answer, my husband application is also in the same situation. Don't know if we have to create a new one.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Can some one please answer, my husband application is also in the same situation. Don't know if we have to create a new one.
You can create a new application and submit in 14 days. Just add an LOE in your new application, explaining why he couldn't submit the last application in time. Good luck.

DV_2619

Jun 3, 2021
Guys, I need urgent help.

I got my NOI in the 2nd March OINP draw and submitted my application as per the OINP guidelines. I am however facing the same issue, after waiting for more than 2 months, I received an email from OINP that my application status has been changed to - "Withdrawn by OINP" as they were unable to verify my ECA WES report ( Duplicate was not ordered and sent to OINP as a recipient).

The letter from OINP states -

Subject: Notice of Incomplete Application

Dear Applicant,
Please be advised that the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) has received
your application and the director of the Ontario Immigration Act, 2015 has determined it
is incomplete. Specifically:
- Education – Foreign Degree (ECA Authorization): WES
Applicants to the OINP Human Capital Priorities Stream are required to submit a copy
of their Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report. You provided a copy of an
ECA report from the World Education Service (WES).
In order to verify the results of your ECA report, we require you to authorize WES to
share your ECA results with OINP. OINP requires this authorization to complete the
assessment of your application.
To authorize WES to share the results of your ECA report you must order a duplicate of
your ECA report at: https://applications.wes.org/createaccount/login/login. You must
also ensure that “Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program” is indicated as the recipient of
the report.
If you have any specific questions about how to provide authorization to share your ECA
results with OINP, please contact WES directly.
The OINP cannot accept incomplete applications for processing. Your application will
be closed and your payment will be refunded.

You will need to receive a new invitation to apply or notification of interest before
submitting a new application.
For general information and program updates, you can visit our website at:
www.ontario.ca/oinp
Thank you for your interest in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.
Sincerely,

Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program
Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development

What best can be done in this case to avoid this scenario? I have ordered the duplicate ECA copy rom WES to be sent electronically to OINP (which only takes 24 hrs). I'm confused why OINP didn't give me the chance to submit this pending document and instead went ahead and withdrew my application?
Can I write back to them asking them to reconsider since they can get the required document in 24hrs only?

Please help! Looking forward to a positive response from you all.

jerry89409

Jun 3, 2021

I got my NOI in the 2nd March OINP draw and submitted my application as per the OINP guidelines. I am however facing the same issue, after waiting for more than 2 months, I received an email from OINP that my application status has been changed to - "Withdrawn by OINP" as they were unable to verify my ECA WES report ( Duplicate was not ordered and sent to OINP as a recipient).

Dear Applicant,
Please be advised that the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) has received
your application and the director of the Ontario Immigration Act, 2015 has determined it
Applicants to the OINP Human Capital Priorities Stream are required to submit a copy
of their Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report. You provided a copy of an
In order to verify the results of your ECA report, we require you to authorize WES to
share your ECA results with OINP. OINP requires this authorization to complete the
To authorize WES to share the results of your ECA report you must order a duplicate of
your ECA report at: https://applications.wes.org/createaccount/login/login. You must
also ensure that “Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program” is indicated as the recipient of
the report.
If you have any specific questions about how to provide authorization to share your ECA
The OINP cannot accept incomplete applications for processing. Your application will

You will need to receive a new invitation to apply or notification of interest before
www.ontario.ca/oinp
Sincerely,

What best can be done in this case to avoid this scenario? I have ordered the duplicate ECA copy rom WES to be sent electronically to OINP (which only takes 24 hrs). I'm confused why OINP didn't give me the chance to submit this pending document and instead went ahead and withdrew my application?
Can I write back to them asking them to reconsider since they can get the required document in 24hrs only?

It appears they changed the incompleteness rule on Apr 13th:
https://www.ontario.ca/page/2021-ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-updates#section-2

mrsamcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
It was for application after April 13. @DV_2619 when did you submit application. I think they should not reject your application, as yours is March 2 NOI. Please call OINP.

April 13, 2021
Changes to completeness check procedure for OINP applications
The OINP has introduced changes to the processing of applications submitted under the Express Entry and Expression of Interest (once launched) streams at intake. Effective April 13, 2021, the OINP will return and refund applications that are deemed incomplete.

Applicants are expected to submit a complete application that complies with program criteria at the time of application submission.

If your application is deemed incomplete, you will need to receive a new invitation to apply or notification of interest before submitting a new application.

The OINP expects this change to result in higher quality applications and improved processing times for all streams.

PG12

Sep 22, 2016

Dear Applicant,
the report.

www.ontario.ca/oinp
Sincerely,

This is very disappointing, they should have atleast gave you some notification.

Jaisil1712

Nov 13, 2023
Hi,
I am making a OINP application, but initially it says profile submitted and within a day, the status says " Withdrawn By OINP". Can anybody advise, what could be the reason?

riya_mht

Jan 12, 2024
Hi,
I am making a OINP application, but initially it says profile submitted and within a day, the status says " Withdrawn By OINP". Can anybody advise, what could be the reason?
Hi Jaisil, I had the same thing, I submitted profile 2 days back and when I checked today it shows "Withdrawn by OINP" Please respond to this thread if you come up with any information

Ark_421

Feb 18, 2024
Hi Jaisil, I had the same thing, I submitted profile 2 days back and when I checked today it shows "Withdrawn by OINP" Please respond to this thread if you come up with any information
What happened? Any updates? I applied yesterday for OINP Student stream and today the status says "Withdrawn by OINP." What should I do?

Jaisil1712

Nov 13, 2023
Hi Riya,
It depends what your stream was, I was applying to International Student stream and reason my application was getting withdrawn is because, it had been more than 2 years since I graduated. You can only make profile in International Student Stream if it is within 2 years since you graduated.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Jaisil1712

Nov 13, 2023
What happened? Any updates? I applied yesterday for OINP Student stream and today the status says "Withdrawn by OINP." What should I do?
Hi Ark, might be because your graduation period has been more than two years.

This is the mail I received from OINP on consulting them:
(Hello,

Thank you for your correspondence to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).

Starting Sunday, July 16, 2023, the OINP will automatically withdraw all EOIs where the qualifying Canadian/Ontarian education credential was issued more than 2 years ago. This affects EOIs in the Job offer: International Student Stream, The Masters Graduate stream and the PhD Graduate stream.

This means that the date on your educational credential must be within two years of your OINP application submission date, not the date you received the invitation to apply. For example, if your educational credential is dated June 1, 2019, you must apply to this stream on or before June 1, 2021. If you don’t have your education credential yet, use the date on the official letter from your college or university which states when your education credential will be granted. )

Reactions: av_ganesh