+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

section a medical form and police check

Canadian101

Aug 10, 2012
hi guys i was wondering about the section a medical report...my husband in riyad saudi arabia went to the DMP and they told him that he doesnt need to do the examination now and that the cic would forward this form to them at the time they requested it...is this true or will my application get refused because we are missing this form. i have almost everything ready but i am confused about this part?

also if anyone knows...my husband is a syrian citizen but living in riyad for a couple of months now...we got a police check and a civil status form faxed from syria that his father obtained will this be ok, its not the original is that going to be fine with them?

thank you

theholderof4

Aug 29, 2012
According to the guide for the Middle East and Central Asia (IMM 3911) - which if the guide you should be using - proof of medical examination must be submitted with the application for permanent residence. I am not sure why the doctor said he does not need to submit them now.

The police check must be original (and translated, if it is not in English or French). Civil status documents can be photocopies.

Canadian101

Aug 10, 2012
That.seemed.confusing to me too...so should he go back with.the section a medical form or the appendix c and have dr fill it out....do u know if he will get the form back right away or.will it take some time?

and the police check is.in syria and hes.not.gonna be able to go there...we just have a faxed copy in arabic...where can i get it translated?

one more question is.it.acceptable that he faxes all the signed applications to me and then i submit them or do they have to be mailed to me?

thank u so much

theholderof4

Aug 29, 2012
The doctor will sign the form and return it to him immediately. He should call ahead and find out what he needs to take with him (photographs, passport, et cetera).

The police certificate has to be original. Can his father mail it to him or to you? I got some of my documents translated through a local agency that I found online. It looks like http://arabictranslationtoronto.com/ does official translations. I have not used their services, though.

As for faxed application, I am not sure... He needs to send original documents (and photographs, I presume) to you in any case, so why not include forms with original signature as well?

Canadian101

Aug 10, 2012
Thanks i will tell him to go and get it done..do u think if i send the application and state that i cqn provide them with original at another date they will accept it? Things in syria are just messed up and its hard to go and get stuff done there..like we could send it to amman afterwards would that work?

theholderof4

Aug 29, 2012
Since original police certificates from every country where he spent 6 months or more is a required document, I would not send my application without it. I doubt they would accept your application, or make an exception under the circumstances - maybe you could call CIC and ask?

AnaMaria

May 2, 2012
New Westminster, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
Canadian101 said:
Thanks i will tell him to go and get it done..do u think if i send the application and state that i cqn provide them with original at another date they will accept it? Things in syria are just messed up and its hard to go and get stuff done there..like we could send it to amman afterwards would that work?
It seems it depends on VO. I sent the application without PCs and the first stage was approved without any problem. In my case I needed PCs from 3 countries and some are expected to take longer and the timeline was only an estimate. Since the original must be submitted within 3 months of the date of issue, I was not sure if I could get them all in the certain time frame. But if you are not including the PCs in the application, make sure you explain that in your cover letter. Good luck!

in process

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
25th april 2012
Med's Done....
10th sep 2012
Passport Req..
20th may 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7th june 2013
LANDED..........
END OF JUNE
Canadian101 said:
hi guys i was wondering about the section a medical report...my husband in riyad saudi arabia went to the DMP and they told him that he doesnt need to do the examination now and that the cic would forward this form to them at the time they requested it...is this true or will my application get refused because we are missing this form. i have almost everything ready but i am confused about this part?

also if anyone knows...my husband is a syrian citizen but living in riyad for a couple of months now...we got a police check and a civil status form faxed from syria that his father obtained will this be ok, its not the original is that going to be fine with them?

thank you
i also send my application mississauga without medical and they approved my case without any objection.

in process

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
25th april 2012
Med's Done....
10th sep 2012
Passport Req..
20th may 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7th june 2013
LANDED..........
END OF JUNE
Canadian101 said:

thank you
police certificate must be original. they will not accept photocopy.

Canadian101

Aug 10, 2012
Thanks guys for all ur.input sometimes this process feels like it will.never end and somedays u get that little extra hope.from some.of the.replys i read here i think i will.send what i have and explain about the missing forms...i hope it works

AnaMaria

May 2, 2012
New Westminster, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
Canadian101 said:
Thanks guys for all ur.input sometimes this process feels like it will.never end and somedays u get that little extra hope.from some.of the.replys i read here i think i will.send what i have and explain about the missing forms...i hope it works
Don't stop trying to get it though. They may not required in the first stage approval process but they will be required in the second stage. I sent the original PCs to my VO. Good luck!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
theholderof4 said:
According to the guide for the Middle East and Central Asia (IMM 3911) - which if the guide you should be using - proof of medical examination must be submitted with the application for permanent residence. I am not sure why the doctor said he does not need to submit them now.
The DMP doctors often make this mistake. There are several classes of immigrants for Canada, and for some of these classes the embassy does request the medical later. The doctor just mixed up these classes.

Canadian101

Aug 10, 2012
canadianwoman said:
The DMP doctors often make this mistake. There are several classes of immigrants for Canada, and for some of these classes the embassy does request the medical later. The doctor just mixed up these classes.

so in our case do we have to have in the begining of the process or later on...our VO has a time of 20 months so if done now they might expire before the.process is finished...would u think i should submit it and say that we will add the medical report at a later date when requested?