+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Secondary Review Petition

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
rbrar14 said:
So how long do we wait to hear from PM about petition?
We already sent email on October 1, 2016 with all the details...now, let's wait for few days, else will send REMINDER...they are OVERBURDENED............ because of NO WORK DONE

ohk7

Oct 27, 2015
hello

Very interesting delayed Secondary Review Cases Petition

AJK_9 looks hard work may pay soon.

I am an affectee too 14 months have passed

Can you recommend I type out the same text as of your petition and send the same

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

ohk7

Bill C - 6 any update last heard was it is with the standing committee and session not in progress.

best regards and awaiting reply

thanks in advance.

decent guy

Sep 4, 2016
Hi,
Most of us in this PR secondary review forum, are those whose applications have been affected and has passed the normal processing time. This is entirely the in capabilities, processing delay and backlog of CIC. We must demand compensation of shorter processing time, when all such delayed applicants, apply for Canadian Citizenship.
My time line is as follows;
Submitted PR renewal application on 30th April,2015
Received correspondence on 27th August,2015
Your file has been referred for secondary review.
Now its 17 months of indefinite wait time with no communications.
Been in Canada continuously since June, 2012 and I have fulfilled more than the residency requirement.
Immigration system needs a complete overhaul.

Are there anyone else who has submitted earlier than this date and still waiting?

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
decent guy said:
Hi,
Most of us in this PR secondary review forum, are those whose applications have been affected and has passed the normal processing time. This is entirely the in capabilities, processing delay and backlog of CIC. We must demand compensation of shorter processing time, when all such delayed applicants, apply for Canadian Citizenship.
My time line is as follows;
Submitted PR renewal application on 30th April,2015
Received correspondence on 27th August,2015
Your file has been referred for secondary review.
Now its 17 months of indefinite wait time with no communications.
Been in Canada continuously since June, 2012 and I have fulfilled more than the residency requirement.
Immigration system needs a complete overhaul.

Are there anyone else who has submitted earlier than this date and still waiting?
We can make spread-sheet with all the details, this is just draft.....

Date Applied EM/Letter Recd for SR Documents Sent Date Response dt Remarks

decentguy-Apr 30/15 August 27, 2015

ivylane

Oct 17, 2015
My timeline is application received 16 February 2015 started proocessing 31st march 2015 and letter sent 31st march 2015 still waiting

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
Is sending the petition the only option? Though PR card due date for renewal is only next year, I have been following this forum for some months about the renewal process. The 2nd question I have is when CBSA can track the entry and exit then, isn't there travel history report enough to determine the days in Canada? Or is there something missing out in that report?

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Here is members timeline,

Name Dt Applied EM for SR Docm Sent Dt Response dt Remarks

AJK_9 Mar 20/15 Apr 30/15 Aug 15/15 PR Recd May 15/16

decentguy Apr 30/15 Aug 27/15

Ivylane Feb 16/15 Mar 31/15

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
mats said:
Is sending the petition the only option? Though PR card due date for renewal is only next year, I have been following this forum for some months about the renewal process. The 2nd question I have is when CBSA can track the entry and exit then, isn't there travel history report enough to determine the days in Canada? Or is there something missing out in that report?
Please let us know/share any other option so we can explore....

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
AJK_9 said:
I am also not sure. In india there is a public interest litigation, I don't know if something like is there in Canada.

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
AJK_9 said:
What is happening to people being put into this so called "secondary review" is not only unacceptable, but it is highly unethical

A Permanent Resident has an absolute right to enjoy the benefits afforded by his or her status at all times. The only way one can get access to these rights, is through a PR Card, because it is the only verifiable means of proving that you are a PR, that is universally accepted by the entities that provide these benefits. For instance, attending a Canadian University and being considered a "domestic student".

I mention "right" above, because at many times people on these forums conflate a right with a privilege. For example one has absolutely no right to demand that he/she be given citizenship within a certain period of time. Honestly, much as I want bill C-6 to pass as much as anyone else on this forum, it is important to recognize that one cannot demand it. It is entirely up to the Canadian people, through their elected representatives, to decide what is the right amount of time to wait. Now THAT is a privilege afforded us by the Canadian people. That is why it boggles my mind when I see people on here whining, demanding and complaining about how they are denied their so called "right" if bill C-6 does not pass. The bottom line is, if the Canadian people through the democratic process don't ever want to give a PR citizenship, then that is the LAW OF THE LAND. PERIOD.

Now the issue with PR renewal, classifying some applicants' cases as "non routine" and then delaying them infinitely without even keeping the applicant apprised of what is happening with their application, is an absolute abuse of authority! Honestly, the lack of accountability that IRCC exhibits, is deeply disturbing and shocking for a country that parades itself as being part of the first world. For instance, in the United States such things are unheard of.

First off, classifying an application as "non routine" simply based on mere suspicion that a person has not met their RO, is possibly one of the most unfair ways that IRCC can treat someone! Because by doing this, the person has been subjected to a de facto loss of their PR status, because they are now restricted from participating in many of the benefits PR status affords, because they effectively have no proof of this status.

One very clear example I mentioned before, is attending University and paying domestic tuition rates. Yes, I'm fully aware of the fact that expiry of one's PR card, does not mean that the person loses PR status. But how do you PROVE to a school, for instance, that demands a valid PR card? (one of the benefits of being a PR). While I do not have firsthand experience with this, a very respected and knowledgeable member on these boards, Leon, has said that students have told him that it is indeed a very big hassle for them.

While placing the burden of proving that one has met their RO, using vague definitions of what is acceptable (note that some on here have even provided their tax returns and had full time jobs), is in itself patently unfair, it is even more egregious to subject them to indefinite delays, without, at the very least, providing them with some sort of INTERIM CARD to prove their status while they wait. In my opinion this situation stems from the arrogance of IRCC, as they feel like they're not accountable to anyone and can do whatever they please with no repercussions whatsoever!

If the petition submitted above falls on deaf ears, then I strongly suggest taking this to the media, noting the points I've mentioned above! In my opinion it is a complete and total violation of a PR's rights.

They can claim till the cows come home, that the PR never loses their status until it is revoked, but any fool with a modicum of common sense knows that everybody from schools to licensing authorities will not just "believe" you, if you simply claim to be a PR. And I don't fault them. If that were the case, any one living in Canada could simply say they are a PR and get the associated benefits. A PR is entitled to have a valid PR card at all times to prove their status. A "reasonable" wait is, of course, acceptable for the renewal process. In fact, this is why IRCC itself accepts an application up to 9 months prior to expiration. However subjecting PRs to waits, sometimes up to 24 months or more, letting them languish in the country without any proof of their status, is a blatant disregard for a PR's rights, no matter which way you slice it!

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
747-captain said:
What is happening to people being put into this so called "secondary review" is not only unacceptable, but it is highly unethical

A Permanent Resident has an absolute right to enjoy the benefits afforded by his or her status at all times. The only way one can get access to these rights, is through a PR Card, because it is the only verifiable means of proving that you are a PR, that is universally accepted by the entities that provide these benefits. For instance, attending a Canadian University and being considered a "domestic student".

I mention "right" above, because at many times people on these forums conflate a right with a privilege. For example one has absolutely no right to demand that he/she be given citizenship within a certain period of time. Honestly, much as I want bill C-6 to pass as much as anyone else on this forum, it is important to recognize that one cannot demand it. It is entirely up to the Canadian people, through their elected representatives, to decide what is the right amount of time to wait. Now THAT is a privilege afforded us by the Canadian people. That is why it boggles my mind when I see people on here whining, demanding and complaining about how they are denied their so called "right" if bill C-6 does not pass. The bottom line is, if the Canadian people through the democratic process don't ever want to give a PR citizenship, then that is the LAW OF THE LAND. PERIOD.

Now the issue with PR renewal, classifying some applicants' cases as "non routine" and then delaying them infinitely without even keeping the applicant apprised of what is happening with their application, is an absolute abuse of authority! Honestly, the lack of accountability that IRCC exhibits, is deeply disturbing and shocking for a country that parades itself as being part of the first world. For instance, in the United States such things are unheard of.

First off, classifying an application as "non routine" simply based on mere suspicion that a person has not met their RO, is possibly one of the most unfair ways that IRCC can treat someone! Because by doing this, the person has been subjected to a de facto loss of their PR status, because they are now restricted from participating in many of the benefits PR status affords, because they effectively have no proof of this status.

One very clear example I mentioned before, is attending University and paying domestic tuition rates. Yes, I'm fully aware of the fact that expiry of one's PR card, does not mean that the person loses PR status. But how do you PROVE to a school, for instance, that demands a valid PR card? (one of the benefits of being a PR). While I do not have firsthand experience with this, a very respected and knowledgeable member on these boards, Leon, has said that students have told him that it is indeed a very big hassle for them.

While placing the burden of proving that one has met their RO, using vague definitions of what is acceptable (note that some on here have even provided their tax returns and had full time jobs), is in itself patently unfair, it is even more egregious to subject them to indefinite delays, without, at the very least, providing them with some sort of INTERIM CARD to prove their status while they wait. In my opinion this situation stems from the arrogance of IRCC, as they feel like they're not accountable to anyone and can do whatever they please with no repercussions whatsoever!

If the petition submitted above falls on deaf ears, then I strongly suggest taking this to the media, noting the points I've mentioned above! In my opinion it is a complete and total violation of a PR's rights.

They can claim till the cows come home, that the PR never loses their status until it is revoked, but any fool with a modicum of common sense knows that everybody from schools to licensing authorities will not just "believe" you, if you simply claim to be a PR. And I don't fault them. If that were the case, any one living in Canada could simply say they are a PR and get the associated benefits. A PR is entitled to have a valid PR card at all times to prove their status. A "reasonable" wait is, of course, acceptable for the renewal process. In fact, this is why IRCC itself accepts an application up to 9 months prior to expiration. However subjecting PRs to waits, sometimes up to 24 months or more, letting them languish in the country without any proof of their status, is a blatant disregard for a PR's rights, no matter which way you slice it!
To be frankly this is all on the PAPER only...they are just following ROBOTICS SYSTEM......

There are so many victims of Secondary Review, that's why we tried to send SRP by email to PM & Immigration Minister.....let's see..

ohk7

Oct 27, 2015
Re: Secondary Review Petition today being 10/06/2016 any acknowledgemnt or rep

AJK_9 said:
We already sent email on October 1, 2016 with all the details...now, let's wait for few days, else will send REMINDER...they are OVERBURDENED............ because of NO WORK DONE
hope ackn or reply wud hv now come in for the petition so submitted on 10/01/2016

do inform

regards

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
It is very clear that the LAW says a PR is entitled to the PR card as proof of this status afforded them. See the quote below. It is on page 13 (link below).

It clearly states "A31(1) provides for permanent residents of Canada, as a matter of right, to be issued a document indicating their status." (no ifs, ands or buts).

It does not say .....with exception made for secondary review....., ::) or any such thing!

Unless they are challenged on this extremely egregious behavior, IRCC will continue to flout the law unfettered!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op10-eng.pdf

"5.2 The permanent resident card as a status document

A31(1) provides for permanent residents of Canada, as a matter of right, to be issued a
document indicating their status. The Regulations further define the term “status document”
by designating the permanent resident card as the document issued to permanent residents
to indicate their status underR53(1). After June 28, 2002, a status document in the form of a
new permanent resident card began to be issued to permanent residents in Canada, in
compliance with R53(1)(a). The permanent resident card provides holders with a convenient
document that facilitates their return to and entry into Canada.
The requirement in A31(1) to provide permanent residents and protected persons with a
document indicating their status is new in law, as is the presumption that a person in
possession of such a document is a permanent resident unless an officer determines
otherwise. Also new is the presumption that a person outside Canada who is not in possession
of a permanent resident document is not a permanent resident [A31(2)(b)]. For many years,
the Department provided permanent residents with proof of landing in the form of an
Immigrant Visa and Record of Landing (IMM 1000B). Legally, the IMM 1000B served only as
evidence of the fact of landing, as possession of a record of landing was not regarded as
presumptive proof of status. The IMM 1000B was issued as a matter of administrative
procedure and did not require its own regulations.
For the first time, Canada is issuing a secure status document in the form of a permanent
resident card, which is valid for up to five years. The Regulations governing the permanent
resident card establish that persons who became permanent residents under IRPA will be
provided with the card after their entry into Canada. Permanent residents who obtained that
status prior to the entry into force of IRPA may apply for a permanent resident card. To
qualify for the permanent resident card, applicants must meet the residency obligation
outlined in A28 ........."

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Re: Secondary Review Petition today being 10/06/2016 any acknowledgemnt or rep

ohk7 said:
hope ackn or reply wud hv now come in for the petition so submitted on 10/01/2016

do inform

regards
Not checking my personal email every hour but Checking this email account every half an hour....as soon as will get any news/email will let you know all the members ASAP...

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
747-captain said:
It is very clear that the LAW says a PR is entitled to the PR card as proof of this status afforded them. See the quote below. It is on page 13 (link below).

It clearly states "A31(1) provides for permanent residents of Canada, as a matter of right, to be issued a document indicating their status." (no ifs, ands or buts).

It does not say .....with exception made for secondary review....., ::) or any such thing!

Unless they are challenged on this extremely egregious behavior, IRCC will continue to flout the law unfettered!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op10-eng.pdf

"5.2 The permanent resident card as a status document

A31(1) provides for permanent residents of Canada, as a matter of right, to be issued a
document indicating their status. The Regulations further define the term “status document”
by designating the permanent resident card as the document issued to permanent residents
to indicate their status underR53(1). After June 28, 2002, a status document in the form of a
new permanent resident card began to be issued to permanent residents in Canada, in
compliance with R53(1)(a). The permanent resident card provides holders with a convenient
document that facilitates their return to and entry into Canada.
The requirement in A31(1) to provide permanent residents and protected persons with a
document indicating their status is new in law, as is the presumption that a person in
possession of such a document is a permanent resident unless an officer determines
otherwise. Also new is the presumption that a person outside Canada who is not in possession
of a permanent resident document is not a permanent resident [A31(2)(b)]. For many years,
the Department provided permanent residents with proof of landing in the form of an
Immigrant Visa and Record of Landing (IMM 1000B). Legally, the IMM 1000B served only as
evidence of the fact of landing, as possession of a record of landing was not regarded as
presumptive proof of status. The IMM 1000B was issued as a matter of administrative
procedure and did not require its own regulations.
For the first time, Canada is issuing a secure status document in the form of a permanent
resident card, which is valid for up to five years. The Regulations governing the permanent
resident card establish that persons who became permanent residents under IRPA will be
provided with the card after their entry into Canada. Permanent residents who obtained that
status prior to the entry into force of IRPA may apply for a permanent resident card. To
qualify for the permanent resident card, applicants must meet the residency obligation
outlined in A28 ........."
Thanks for sharing...once again... It's law ONLY....Do you think they know this rule....pl take it positively, it's not question to you....it's to Government ?!?

Few members raised question that we won't get any response from Government ( to some extent they are right ) but still I am very positive that they have to answer, they can't escape from there responsibility towards prospective citizens

We sent an email on October 1, 2016 but till date not received even a confirmation email...so shameful....