+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Secondary Review Petition

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi All

Here we are starting new Topic - Secondary Review Petition

Also adding name of the members interested and draft format for petition shortly

Please help to make collective efforts so we can succeed

All the Best...We CAN

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Here is list, we should try to make number count at least 100 member to represent it properly..else nobody would consider this petition, it’s just piece of paper for them.....we are going to face Robotics Department, they don't have any deadline...

1 - Ajk_9
2 - Heeradeepak
3 - Kikilala
4 - Kovil
5 - Malayalee
6 - Nadia601 – Pl Confirm
7 - Raymond Wei
8 - Mark Wyatt
9 - Jerome Chen

Anyone interested pl add his name and post...thanks

At the time of final petition will get real name of the applicants and anything else for recognition, if required

DRAFT PETITION :

Dear Sir
Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship

Congrats for your kind efforts towards Canadian Community

We want to draw your kind attention towards PR card renewal issue i.e. Secondary Review Cases. There are so many applicants who are waiting since long (more than 12/24 months) for PR card renewals having Secondary Review Status, even after providing requested documents in time not getting any update online or any answer from call center. there are so many applicants who have there own house, permanent job, family set-up, Tax & banking records etc

It seems that following are the major reasons for secondary review

1 - Traveling issue

2 - Visa stamps on the passport i.e. Entry/Exit Stamps

Would appreciate if you can decide some deadline for secondary review cases i.e. 12/15 months or whatever convenient for departmental process, else if required please arrange personal interview with applicants and check all the documents physically so you can get an idea and make decision

Dear Sir,

Congratulations for your sincere and kind efforts towards Canadian Community.

We would like to draw your kind attention towards PR card renewal issues where PR Cards have not been issued over a long period of time of more than 12 to 24 months and applications have been pending as Secondary Review Cases.

There are several applicants affected by this issue, who are waiting more than 12/24 months for renewed PR card, renewals having Secondary Review status. Even after providing requested documents, the call center does not provide any timeline as to when PR card will be available for travel and there is no update online or any definite answer from call center. The 180 days shown online under "Processing Times" has no relevance to delays for our Cards which have not been issued over 12/24 months.

Without a PR card we can't plan any travel , or travel to take care of our Family abroad even in emergencies as there are many applicants who have old parents leaving back-home in their country.

Canada is a savior of Freedom in the world and to its residents and delay in issue of PR Card (which allows mobility to travel) curtails this Freedom of mobility for residents.

We would request and appeal if you can decide some maximum timeline for secondary review cases to 9 months (The period allowed to apply PR Card in advance before expiry) convenient for the departmental process and to allow residents Freedom of Mobility.

Thanking you,
Yours Sincerely,
Permanent Residents

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
AJK_9 said:
Here is list, we should try to make number count at least 100 member to represent it properly..else nobody would consider this petition, it’s just piece of paper for them.....we are going to face Robotics Department, they don't have any deadline...

1 - Ajk_9
2 - Heeradeepak
3 - Kikilala
4 - Kovil
5 - Malayalee
7 - Raymond Wei
8 - Mark Wyatt
9 - Jerome Chen

Anyone interested pl add his name and post...thanks

At the time of final petition will get real name of the applicants and anything else for recognition, if required

DRAFT PETITION :

Dear Sir

Congrats for your kind efforts towards Canadian Community

We want to draw your kind attention towards PR card renewal issue i.e. Secondary Review Cases. There are so many applicants who are waiting since long (more than 12/24 months) for PR card renewals having Secondary Review Status, even after providing requested documents in time not getting any update online or any answer from call center. there are so many applicants who have there own house, permanent job, family set-up, Tax & banking records etc

It seems that following are the major reasons for secondary review

1 - Traveling issue

2 - Visa stamps on the passport i.e. Entry/Exit Stamps

Would appreciate if you can decide some deadline for secondary review cases i.e. 12/15 months or whatever convenient for departmental process, else if required please arrange personal interview with applicants and check all the documents physically so you can get an idea and make decision

Dear Sir,

Congratulations for your sincere and kind efforts towards Canadian Community.

We would like to draw your kind attention towards PR card renewal issues where PR Cards have not been issued over a long period of time of more than 12 to 24 months and applications have been pending as Secondary Review Cases.

There are several applicants affected by this issue, who are waiting more than 12/24 months for renewed PR card, renewals having Secondary Review status. Even after providing requested documents, the call center does not provide any timeline as to when PR card will be available for travel and there is no update online or any definite answer from call center. The 180 days shown online under "Processing Times" has no relevance to delays for our Cards which have not been issued over 12/24 months.

Without a PR card we can't plan any travel , or travel to take care of our Family abroad even in emergencies as there are many applicants who have old parents leaving back-home in their country.

Canada is a savior of Freedom in the world and to its residents and delay in issue of PR Card (which allows mobility to travel) curtails this Freedom of mobility for residents.

We would request and appeal if you can decide some maximum timeline for secondary review cases to 9 months (The period allowed to apply PR Card in advance before expiry) convenient for the departmental process and to allow residents Freedom of Mobility.

Thanking you,
Yours Sincerely,
Permanent Residents
Good pls make it final.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi All

Here is the latest list - interested for Petition :

1 - Ajk_9
2 - Heeradeepak
3 - Kikilala
4 - Kovil
5 - Malayalee
7 - Raymond Wei
8 - Mark Wyatt
9 - Jerome Chen
10 - Torontoman

Can we share timeline for everyone i.e. AJK_9

PR Application Sent : March 2015

Secondary Review Email : April 2015 - For Color Copy of Passport & Entry/Exit Record

Documents Sent : August 2015

Online Status : Letter sent in April 2015 for additional documents

Note : Called few times for confirmation of documents sent in August through Fed-Ex (as per waybill, it's delivered and signed) but they don't have any update/information for receipt of documents in August 2015

mikekoo

Feb 22, 2016
count me in

applied Sept 2015
start process Jan 2016
received a email about 2ndary review 3 days after strat process in Jan 2016

same situation like everybody else in this topic, i have 745 days (which is very close to RO)
this is my 2nd PR card renew, last time when i renew my card i was less than 730 days (how ever i work for a canadian company over sea), but CIC did not give me hard time at all, my last renew was processed and approved in the same day.

I have no idea why this renew go to 2ndary review even i have more than 730 days.

My problem is I still need travel for my work, if I can not then I might loss my job. My PR card expire soon and I really don't know what to do next. How am i going to tell my boss about it, since there is no time frame for this kind of thing.

CanadianME

Star Member
May 31, 2015
Mark Wyatt
I applied 10th Ma 2015
email secondary review on 24th sept
till today NO NEWS and want to travel back home for 3 weeks in June! :(

Kikilala

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
Kathy Chen

Applied August 4 2015
Started processing Dec 2015
2nd review 14 Jan 2015

I'm the only child and need to go back home to c my parents asap due to family matters

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi All

Here is the latest list - interested for Petition :

1 - Ajk_9
2 - Heeradeepak
3 - Kikilala
4 - Kovil
5 - Malayalee
7 - Raymond Wei
8 - Mark Wyatt
9 - Jerome Chen
10 - Torontoman
11 - Mikekoo

Thanks all

Jerry Zhang

Feb 23, 2016
Count me in

Jerry Zhang

Received May 8, 2015
Start processing September 9, 2015
Moved to secondary review the same day

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi All

Here is the latest list - interested for Petition:

1 - Ajk_9
2 - Heeradeepak
3 - Kikilala
4 - Kovil
5 - Malayalee
7 - Raymond Wei
8 - Mark Wyatt
9 - Jerome Chen
10 - Torontoman
11 - Mikekoo
12 - Jerry Zhang

Thanks all

malayalee

May 27, 2015
Timeline..

Cic received the application in early November 2014
Secondary review in late February 2015
Urgent Processing request in mid October 2015
No updates after that. Has contacted CIC through phone and email.

Became PR in 2009 and living here in Canada till today. Don't know about 2mrw because of all this mess :)
Has traveled outside only twice in this time frame and that too for only 137 days.Don't have much exit/entry in passport for CIC to be confused to delay my application. My little daughter is a born Canadian now and I am afraid whether they want me to leave the country to get us separated.Lets C.

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
My dad was in a similar situation. Will 750 days within last 5 years. 5 months after he applied for renewal, he gets a letter saying his application has been sent for secondary review.

Count me in for the petition.

ezlib

Jul 20, 2015
Hi there

Similar situation:
Timeline:
CIC received application: April 2, 2015
Started Processing: June 3, 2015
Letter sent secondary review: June 3, 2015
Application in process...

Count me in!