+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Secondary Review Petition

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
AJK_9 said:
Hi

Any update ?
Hello Ajk, no update from them. Still unable to check application status online. I have sent the documents along RQ and family history that they asked for. Due date to send that was jan 11 so I guess another couple months of wait till i hear from them? Possibly for more documents?

shu0322

Dec 21, 2016
Hi, I want to try to apply for urgent processing since I am going for biz trip in March and I don't think I will receive my card before that. Does any one try to apply for urgent processing before? Any idea what is the possibility they will accept the urgent application?

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
shu0322 said:
Hi, I want to try to apply for urgent processing since I am going for biz trip in March and I don't think I will receive my card before that. Does any one try to apply for urgent processing before? Any idea what is the possibility they will accept the urgent application?
Hi

If it's in SR than no guarantee for urgent processing but you can take chance...as per forum info most of the cases for SR n applied for urgent processing....no update. I was one of them..

All the best

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi Friends

Here is updated list

1 - Vop - Info Received - Card Received
2 - Heeradeepak - Card Received
3 - Kikilala
4 - Kovil
5 - Malayalee
6 - Nadia601
7 - Raymond Wei
8 - Mark Wyatt
9 - Jerome Chen
10 - Torontoman
11 - Mikekoo
12 - Jerry Zhang
13 - JJS
14 - Ezlib - Info Received - Card Received
15 - Amr Maraie
16 - Frankma
17 - JN-PETER
18 - Elliesun - Card Received
19 - Gauri Gupta08 - Info Received
20 - Hasan F - Card Received
21 - Kawkab H - Card Received
22 - Zaineh F - Card Received
23 - Happilee
24 - Helenliu
25 - Daisey178
26 - Jessica Li
27 - rbrar14 - Info Received
28 - Ivylane - Info Received
29 - AnvarKurbanov - Info Received - Card Received
30 - zsahyoun - Info Received
31 - JAPC
32 - ND15
33 - Decent guy - Info Received - Card received
34 - Chenny - Info Received
35 - NSL - Info Received - Card received
36 - Fabi@Otown
37 - Marahmarah – Info Received
38 - AK Verma
39 - Thmommo - Card received
40 - hbzmd - Info Received
41/42/43/44 - loulita - Info Received - Four Members
45 – jungshan - Info Received
46 - mira8098 - Info Received - Card Received
47 - Cameron2020
48 - Brent16 - Received
49 - Zou - Info Received
50 - Zhao - Info Received
51 - Hu - Info Received
52 - Jin - Info Received

All the Best

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi Friends

Here is email received from CIC for Secondary Review Petition after 3 months and it's auto-generated

This is an automatic acknowledgement of your correspondence forwarded to the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship.

Please note that Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is experiencing a significant increase in the volume of correspondence received and we will strive to respond to your enquiry in as timely a manner as possible.

If this is a request for case information, the responsibility placed on us by the Privacy Act to protect all personal information precludes us from responding to you with case specific information using e-mail, unless we are able to verify that you are entitled/authorized to receive the case specific information. Therefore, only general information would be provided in response to your enquiry.

We will not respond to e-mails concerning the following:

Assessment of points/qualifications.
Calculation of time for citizenship eligibility.
Travel documents/requirements for travel to other countries.
Complaints about U.S. Immigration.
General information about visiting, living, working or studying in Canada.
Information requests regarding a case where there is a lack of specific information provided (full name(s) with correct spelling, address, date(s) of birth, country of birth, applicable file number, office of application, etc.).
Allegations of fraud. Please refer to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/protection/fraud/report.asp.
Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) application refusals. Please refer to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=422&top=16.
The use of an authorized representative (www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/rep-who.asp).
Opinions about recent announcements/news releases/cases.
General enquiries about Canada’s Syrian refugees resettlement plan (please consult our Website at #WelcomeRefugees).

For more information about IRCC, including online services, please visit: www.cic.gc.ca.

ranjan05

Star Member
May 22, 2012
They are asking for copy of passport and Entry/ Exit Record from all countries visited. I have more than 900 days. I can not get entry /exit record from 6-7 countries I had visited. How to solve this problem.does anybody faced same problem .

Blueboy1980

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shu0322 said:
Plz count both my mum and me in.

We still have a long way to wait I think.

For me:
1. Receive application May 19, 2016
2. Sent correspondence email and start processing July 18, 2016
3. Secondary review email sent Aug 25, 2016.

For my mum:
1. Receive application Sept 6, 2016
2. Sent correspondence email and start processing Sept 23, 2016
3. Secondary review email sent Oct 26, 2016

I plan to travel next March but I don't think I will be able to receive my card before that. I think I will try to ask for urgent processing but I don't know if it will get through. If not, I guess I will have to try apply for PRTD once I arrive my destination.
My timeline is extremely similar to yours. I sent my application of end of March 2016, received a secondary review letter on 20 June, received my new PR card yesterday. It takes up to 12 months from receipt of Secondary review letter. Mine was a straight forward application too as since landing in Canada 6 years ago I had only been outside Canada for less than 20 days when I went to the UK.

Loulita

Sep 18, 2016
Hi AJK_9
I've received all the pr cards February 23. I would like to thank you for the effort you've exerted and the great support.
Thank you

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Loulita said:
Hi AJK_9
I've received all the pr cards February 23. I would like to thank you for the effort you've exerted and the great support.
Thank you
Congrats Loulita

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
Hey Everyone

Both of my parents applications for renewal were sent for Secondary Review. After that we sent a request for urgent processing as they had to travel for an extended period and were advised to apply for a travel document from the country of visit. We did that and after a long wait of around 15 months(from the date of application), emails were sent for PR card interview and pickup. We headed to the closes CIC office and within 5 minutes had the PR cards. Both of them had their cards picked up on different days. So just hang tight everyone, your cards will eventually be delivered.

Feel free to get back for any questions.

Xsheri

Aug 27, 2017
PR card renewal secondary review is such a pain!!!!

I only left Canada once for three weeks during past five years, not sure why I was sent for secondary review??
application submitted in March 2017, sent out required document at beginning of June 2017, online status is still IN PROCESS.

Tried to call and agent could not do anything but told me to wait ...

Feel very helpless!! anybody care about us?!