+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS or Non SDS - Which one is right for me?

imansoor

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello Experts,

I am on work visa and thinking to do 1 year PG diploma course after my visa expires in Sept 2024.
Initially I would like to pay for 1st Semester fee and get LOA from college.
I have general IELTS score LR - 6.0 and WS - 6.5 and I've read both types of IELTS accepted for study visa.
For Proof of fund, I would like to show my savings in Canadian bank around $6K, SO No GIC here.

1. Which will be best suited for me, SDS or Non SDS?
2. If I go through Non SDS how much is the processing time and approval rate?

Any recommendations/suggestions would be appreciated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Experts,

I am on work visa and thinking to do 1 year PG diploma course after my visa expires in Sept 2024.
Initially I would like to pay for 1st Semester fee and get LOA from college.
I have general IELTS score LR - 6.0 and WS - 6.5 and I've read both types of IELTS accepted for study visa.
For Proof of fund, I would like to show my savings in Canadian bank around $6K, SO No GIC here.

1. Which will be best suited for me, SDS or Non SDS?
2. If I go through Non SDS how much is the processing time and approval rate?

Any recommendations/suggestions would be appreciated.
Are you in Canada? If so, you aren’t applying through SDS. Approval depends on funds, career/education progression, justifying costs of education with career advancement in home country, ties to return etc. If you are single, you need to show minimum $21k plus first year tuition.

Reactions: imansoor

imansoor

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Are you in Canada? If so, you aren’t applying through SDS. Approval depends on funds, career/education progression, justifying costs of education with career advancement in home country, ties to return etc. If you are single, you need to show minimum $21k plus first year tuition.
Yes I am in Canada on work visa.
Can I show $6k funds in my Canadian bank account as POF. Its single application since my family is already in Canada.