+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Score of 373 with UK master degree and 5 years work experience ?

cool grumpy

Dec 20, 2016
Hello everyone !

Will appreciate any comments for the case below :)

I got overall score of 373 which is unfortunately unlikely enough for me to get ITA . I was looking at other forums and someone claim that my score is not correct.

I have been given 25 for each
CRS - Skill Transferability - Education
&
CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience.

is this accurate ? ....i have got my education (both bachelor and master degrees0 assessed by WES ... and got 7 in IELTS with 7 speaking , 7.5 listening , 6 reading and 6.5 writing ...

gotodxb

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
Hello everyone !

I got overall score of 373 which is unfortunately unlikely enough for me to get ITA . I was looking at other forums and someone claim that my score is not correct.

&

is this accurate ? ....i have got my education (both bachelor and master degrees0 assessed by WES ... and got 7 in IELTS with 7 speaking , 7.5 listening , 6 reading and 6.5 writing ...
Share your ECA summary , does it says equivalent to Canadian masters ?

Dom2012

Feb 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
how hard is it to get that , dont think i would improve my score by this much :(
If you can have 7.5 in L then 8 is do able with a little bit of practice. Listening needs concentration as well. For reading and writing, you should practice few times to get used to how they want you to answer questions.

Nykro

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Went from LRWS 7,6.5,7,7.5 to 8.5,8,7.5,8.5

What I did, practice like there's no tomorrow. I would do atleast two listening exams a day, read essay samples for band 8 and above, and one reading test a day. Speaking, till now I don't know how I got that high since I think I did bad but wtvr. This was all in a month or so. Youtube helps too!

Arod

May 15, 2017
Hello everyone !

&

Your issue is definitely the IELTS scores. I´m in a similar situation, got 8 in Speaking, Writing and Reading but a 7 in Listening which brought down my score to 364.

I have registered for a new test on June in which I expect to get at least an 8 in Listening. I´m doing all the practice I can, I won´t quit my goal of living in Canada just because of one test.

rad_mak

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have total experience of 5.5 yrs full time and 2 yrs freelancing. I have been working full time for past one year.

During this course of time, my job codes have changed, although still under NOC 0. So to calculate FSW points, how much experience should I consider. Earlier I used to be a software programmer and now I am into writing technical blogs and Learning & Development activities.

I dont want to miss out the Human Capital Priorities stream benefit of Ontario.

Please advise.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi everyone,

I have total experience of 5.5 yrs full time and 2 yrs freelancing. I have been working full time for past one year.

During this course of time, my job codes have changed, although still under NOC 0. So to calculate FSW points, how much experience should I consider. Earlier I used to be a software programmer and now I am into writing technical blogs and Learning & Development activities.

I dont want to miss out the Human Capital Priorities stream benefit of Ontario.

Please advise.
Doesn't matter if job code changes as long as you have a minimum of one year continuous expericen in NOC 0 a or b

Reactions: rad_mak