+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Score of 373 with UK master degree and 5 years work experience ?

rad_mak

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Doesn't matter if job code changes as long as you have a minimum of one year continuous expericen in NOC 0 a or b
Thanks, how many years of exp do u have? in which field? I mean do u come under Human Capital Priority stream?

I have 4.5 yrs of experience in software dev (job code: 2173) but my current job is in digital marketing (job code:0124) and learning and development (job code: 1121), but it requires knowledge of job code 2173. I am confused which job code should I apply for?

I like work of 0124, but with that chances are less that I will get NOI/ITA.

Also, I have experience certificates from all past organizations, but not all of them mention my responsibilities. Had you shown your exp letter with detailed roles and responsibilities?

rad_mak

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Went from LRWS 7,6.5,7,7.5 to 8.5,8,7.5,8.5

What I did, practice like there's no tomorrow. I would do atleast two listening exams a day, read essay samples for band 8 and above, and one reading test a day. Speaking, till now I don't know how I got that high since I think I did bad but wtvr. This was all in a month or so. Youtube helps too!
I think 35/40 in L gives band 8, or is it 36/40?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Thanks, how many years of exp do u have? in which field? I mean do u come under Human Capital Priority stream?

I have 4.5 yrs of experience in software dev (job code: 2173) but my current job is in digital marketing (job code:0124) and learning and development (job code: 1121), but it requires knowledge of job code 2173. I am confused which job code should I apply for?

I like work of 0124, but with that chances are less that I will get NOI/ITA.

Also, I have experience certificates from all past organizations, but not all of them mention my responsibilities. Had you shown your exp letter with detailed roles and responsibilities?
I have 5 years. It caps at 3 regardless. I applied through regular FSW. Yes there is a specific list of things that need to appear on the reference letter. tart by reading what's on the CIC website before diving in

Reactions: rad_mak

rad_mak

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Went from LRWS 7,6.5,7,7.5 to 8.5,8,7.5,8.5

What I did, practice like there's no tomorrow. I would do atleast two listening exams a day, read essay samples for band 8 and above, and one reading test a day. Speaking, till now I don't know how I got that high since I think I did bad but wtvr. This was all in a month or so. Youtube helps too!
Apart from Youtube, from where did you practice Listening Tests? What were your sources of L/R/W?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Apart from Youtube, from where did you practice Listening Tests? What were your sources of L/R/W?
IELTS has sample exams. When you took the test the first time didn't you get the access to training material?

Nykro

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
For listening tests I found a zip file on some website with past exams for a couple of years. I did two exams each day and graded myself.

For speaking, I just watched youtube videos and read articles on what exactly the examiners wanted. Mainly the use of synonym, different sentence structures, etc... in short try to think of it as showing off.

Reading was the trickiest, again I just practiced using past exams. Most of the time in the reading exam when an answer was easy to get, it usually means something is not right.

Overall, past exams, youtube vidz and random articles from google search.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Reading was the trickiest, again I just practiced using past exams. Most of the time in the reading exam when an answer was easy to get, it usually means something is not right.
Not necessarily :) I found the IELTS exam to be super easy (as er my English levels of course) i found it to be very basic and the answers to be very easy

rad_mak

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
IELTS has sample exams. When you took the test the first time didn't you get the access to training material?
No, its going to be my first attempt. My CRS score is low, I need to score 8 in listening anyhow. While practising, I score 31/40 :(. I have abt one month to go for the test.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
No, its going to be my first attempt.
Well once you register, they will give you access to training material and you can find sample tests online.

gaurul.c

Aug 30, 2017
Punjab
For listening tests I found a zip file on some website with past exams for a couple of years. I did two exams each day and graded myself.

For speaking, I just watched youtube videos and read articles on what exactly the examiners wanted. Mainly the use of synonym, different sentence structures, etc... in short try to think of it as showing off.

Overall, past exams, youtube vidz and random articles from google search.
hey !
can u plz send me the that zip file of listening and reading exams?
i would be very helpful to you.
my email id: gaurulc@gmail.com
PS: do we need 35 or 36 out of 40 to score 8 band in listening n?

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
@hamgha

Ohhk, didnt know this.
Thanks :) Do both British Council and IDP give access to training material?
Once you register, IDP couriers you books and cds with about 35-40 tests. Practice this diligently and you'll be good to go.. the ielts are similar in pattern to the practice tests in the materials these institutes provide.. all the best