+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

School student in Canada

Eugen Karaman

May 27, 2023
I'm a high school student, I'm 16 years old. I finished 10th grade in Ukraine, I plan to continue my studies in Canada. How can I continue my studies in Canada and find a family who can take me in, because my parents want to keep me in Canada?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm a high school student, I'm 16 years old. I finished 10th grade in Ukraine, I plan to continue my studies in Canada. How can I continue my studies in Canada and find a family who can take me in, because my parents want to keep me in Canada?
Your parents want to keep you in Canada, so you can continue your studies in Canada. You don't need to find another family to take you in.

Eugen Karaman

May 27, 2023
Your parents want to keep you in Canada, so you can continue your studies in Canada. You don't need to find another family to take you in.
But for living in Canada alone I need to be 18 years old. I am 16, is required by law to live with a Canadian host family.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But for living in Canada alone I need to be 18 years old. I am 16, is required by law to live with a Canadian host family.
The CUAET is not meant for minors to come to Canada to study alone. If your parents wanted to join you in Canada then you could study in Canada or you could apply as an international student and pay tuition (10-15k) and pay a family to be your guardian.

Would add that you will need to pay international fees to attend college or university in Canada which is very expensive.

Eugen Karaman

May 27, 2023
The CUAET is not meant for minors to come to Canada to study alone. If your parents wanted to join you in Canada then you could study in Canada or you could apply as an international student and pay tuition (10-15k) and pay a family to be your guardian.

Would add that you will need to pay international fees to attend college or university in Canada which is very expensive.
How do I correctly apply as a foreign student?
I understand that I need to make a new visa as a student?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Reactions: Eugen Karaman

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can you please tell me what documents are required at Canadian schools when entering 11th grade?
Does your family have at a minimum 25k per year to spend on your education for grade 11 and 12 but could be closer to 50k/ year to attend university in Canada? Would first discuss with your parents whether this is affordable. If not there is no point in pursuing this further. It is very expensive to study in Canada as an international student.

Eugen Karaman

May 27, 2023
Does your family have at a minimum 25k per year to spend on your education for grade 11 and 12 but could be closer to 50k/ year to attend university in Canada? Would first discuss with your parents whether this is affordable. If not there is no point in pursuing this further. It is very expensive to study in Canada as an international student.
I know about the university we are ready for it, but at school I would certainly like to secanomize in connection with the martial law in Ukraine. I know that now public schools in some provinces of Canada take Ukrainian children for free. I am interested in the documents and ways of moving to Canada so I could live without parents in a foster family.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Couldn't you go to a boarding school in Canada (instead living with a Canadian host family)? This is one of the schools I'm talking about:

https://brontecollege.ca/

Edit: By clicking on the above link, you can also learn about what document you need to apply.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I know about the university we are ready for it, but at school I would certainly like to secanomize in connection with the martial law in Ukraine. I know that now public schools in some provinces of Canada take Ukrainian children for free. I am interested in the documents and ways of moving to Canada so I could live without parents in a foster family.
The CUAET is not meant for minor children who aren’t orphans to relocate to Canada without their parents. If your parents want to live in Canada with you and work in Canada then you can attend school for free. Foster Care is not for children who have loving parents that are legally able to come and live in Canada. There Is both a huge cost associated with foster care and a shortage of placements. It is also only for those who don’t have a suitable home to live at and/or parents who are unable to care for them. It is also unrealistic to expect a family to take you in for free. What you are asking to do is the same as any international student. Parents on work permits work and contribute to the tax bas which is why children get access to free public education. CUAET is a work permit. Why can’t at least one of your parents move to Canada with you? You always have the option of coming to Canada for post-secondary education but hopefully the war will be over by then.