+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office / timeline after test

Canstar

Mar 27, 2015
Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 14, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 14, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 21, 2014.

We sent you a notice on March 31, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 20, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on April 22, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 14, 2015 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

You became a Canadian citizen on May 14, 2015.

maali

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Completing 2 months since test soon. Let's see what happens as they said 2-4 months! I know that a lot of us are waiting since test from early March but should start receiving the oath dates soon!

Wondering what's the hold-up at Scarborough office is for!!....from 2 weeks(test to oath) they have gone to more than 2 months now.

milamam

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
maali said:
Completing 2 months since test soon. Let's see what happens as they said 2-4 months! I know that a lot of us are waiting since test from early March but should start receiving the oath dates soon!

Wondering what's the hold-up at Scarborough office is for!!....from 2 weeks(test to oath) they have gone to more than 2 months now.
I passed my two months.. as I done the test on March 9 and when I call she told me your file in good standing and you must expect the oath between 2 to 4 months and still waiting :'( :'( :'( :'(

hchalz

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haha, the worries I have now are on the camping trips and portage trips.

Everything goes so quickly, the park booking is full all the way to September!

Seriously, get out enjoy the precious time in Canada.

milamam said:
I passed my two months.. as I done the test on March 9 and when I call she told me your file in good standing and you must expect the oath between 2 to 4 months and still waiting :'( :'( :'( :'(

milamam

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
hchalz said:
haha, the worries I have now are on the camping trips and portage trips.

Everything goes so quickly, the park booking is full all the way to September!

Seriously, get out enjoy the precious time in Canada.

See,s summer vacations will start at Scarborough and we might have our PINKY after summer :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

hchalz

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Listen, it is indeed annoying. But what can we do?

Let it be, and enjoy what Canada has to offer!

milamam said:
See,s summer vacations will start at Scarborough and we might have our PINKY after summer :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

milamam

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
hchalz said:
Listen, it is indeed annoying. But what can we do?

Let it be, and enjoy what Canada has to offer!
but sometime you feel its unfair that people took the test after you and got the PINKY before :( :( :(

51smoker

Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
13-07-2011
AOR Received.
09-05-2011
Med's Request
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
milamam said:
but sometime you feel its unfair that people took the test after you and got the PINKY before :( :( :(
Life is never fair, so don't expect it to be fair. and the bright side is, our tests are done, some ppl applied 2 years ago probably still waiting for their test invites.

hchalz

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
when you studied the booklet Discover Canada, did you ever see anything about Canada being a fair country?

Sorry, not part of the deal!

Lol

milamam said:

vincentlin

May 20, 2015
Just Checked it..
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 18, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 13, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 31, 2014.

Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on January 21, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

We sent you a notice on February 24, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 14, 2015 at 11:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on May 19, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 29, 2015 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

hchalz

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Friends and neighbors, the pinky letter is here. 29th may, 1pm.

Its a surprise. I was totally ready for a few more months of waiting, since I have no plans of any out country trips.

I guess they started tackling second week of March test takers. Hang on, everyone, its almost over.

milamam said:

milamam

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
hchalz said:
Friends and neighbors, the pinky letter is here. 29th may, 1pm.

Its a surprise. I was totally ready for a few more months of waiting, since I have no plans of any out country trips.

I guess they started tackling second week of March test takers. Hang on, everyone, its almost over.
Congratulation...Did you receive it by mail or online :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: