+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office citizenship oath

dalida

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
I was told that the significant delay in my case is as a result of the fact that at the time I have applied for citizenship there were lots of people applying and the backlog become so great that they changed some rules. They also moved files from one office to another in a futile attempt to speed up.However, as i have applied in the spring of 2011 long time passed and they need to re examine the application in order to make sure that there is no change of circumstances, like criminal record, being absent for long period and so on. In short, because we waited long, we will have to wait even longer. So those people who apply now and become citizens way faster should consider themselves very lucky.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dalida said:
I was told that the significant delay in my case is as a result of the fact that at the time I have applied for citizenship there were lots of people applying and the backlog become so great that they changed some rules. They also moved files from one office to another in a futile attempt to speed up.However, as i have applied in the spring of 2011 long time passed and they need to re examine the application in order to make sure that there is no change of circumstances, like criminal record, being absent for long period and so on. In short, because we waited long, we will have to wait even longer. So those people who apply now and become citizens way faster should consider themselves very lucky.
hey Dalida, who told you this, CIC call center or MP's office?

dalida

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
vinaypuri said:
hey Dalida, who told you this, CIC call center or MP's office?
CIC responded to the email from my MPs office , then they related the information to me. Don't know if this is same for everyone who waits long time or CIC picks only some applicants to review their applications.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dalida said:
CIC responded to the email from my MPs office , then they related the information to me. Don't know if this is same for everyone who waits long time or CIC picks only some applicants to review their applications.
it seems a generic information, probably you can find it somewhere in FAQs too. Your file is stuck at Scarborough office... and they are the ones who can provide the accurate information. I know you wrote a letter to them, let's hope they respond soon.

Vinay

supadude

Feb 11, 2014
So, I took my Oath at Scarborough this Monday. After the ceremony you should wait for 2 business days before applying for the passport and it was not clear for me how to count those two days. So I asked the judge at the ceremony (I have to leave for a trip on next Monday and my PR was taken away at the ceremony). She said I can apply on Wednesday, and I did it.
The lady at passport Canada checked my printed at home tickets for Monday next week and approved me for 2 days rush processing ($50 extra). I brought my garantor (a Canadian citizen) for the Passport Canada office, and it was very smart as well (they don't have to call or email to the person, just to check his ID).

The ecas updated only earlier today in the morning (Thursday) stating "Completed".

Good luck to all who are still in the process, and thank you very much for the help!

yafayu

May 8, 2011
Congrats. !!! Can you share your timeline with us please?
when did you pass your test/interview?

supadude said:
So, I took my Oath at Scarborough this Monday. After the ceremony you should wait for 2 business days before applying for the passport and it was not clear for me how to count those two days. So I asked the judge at the ceremony (I have to leave for a trip on next Monday and my PR was taken away at the ceremony). She said I can apply on Wednesday, and I did it.
The lady at passport Canada checked my printed at home tickets for Monday next week and approved me for 2 days rush processing ($50 extra). I brought my garantor (a Canadian citizen) for the Passport Canada office, and it was very smart as well (they don't have to call or email to the person, just to check his ID).

The ecas updated only earlier today in the morning (Thursday) stating "Completed".

Good luck to all who are still in the process, and thank you very much for the help!

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
supadude said:

cool... Congrats Supadude!.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2014/2014-02-28.asp

Looks like lot of people are getting Citizenship... I hope our number comes next week :( ..

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Done and done. Along with 80 something people from 22 different countries, we all celebrated yesterday the end of a long journey and the beginning of a new and exciting one as Canadian citizens.

Wish you all good luck.

S. :)

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Serendipity said:
Done and done. Along with 80 something people from 22 different countries, we all celebrated yesterday the end of a long journey and the beginning of a new and exciting one as Canadian citizens.

Wish you all good luck.

S. :)
Nice... Congrats S. Very Happy For you. Cheers. :)

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all

Today i received my Oath notification in mail to attend the Oath on 11th Mar 2014 at Scarborough CIC office.

Very happy to inform all those people who helped me in this process to reach here today.

I hope rest of Scarbarians will get their Oath notification soon in the mail.

Randy

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Randypandy said:
Hi all

Today i received my Oath notification in mail to attend the Oath on 11th Mar 2014 at Scarborough CIC office.

Very happy to inform all those people who helped me in this process to reach here today.

Randy
Nice... Congrats Randy... Very happy for you.. cheers.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Randypandy said:
Hi all

Randy
Hey Randy, did your ecase got updated too?

Randypandy

Star Member
May 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Vinay for your wishes and i am sure soon you will get your CIC pink letter in mail.

Still my E-case hasn't updated.

randy