+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office citizenship oath

Nara

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had exam Feb 10 at Scarborough, nothing yet...

vinaypuri said:
Folks.. anyone who gave Citizenship test at Scarborough office in Jan and DID NOT receive Oath Letter yet??

yafayu

May 8, 2011
Scarborough Office

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 18, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 18, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 2, 2013.

We sent you a notice on February 7, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 21, 2014 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Passed my test and interview went fine, officer told me will get my oath letter within 2 month

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dalida said:
Today I sent letter to Scarborough office, will let you know if they respond. Will write letter to the Minister of Immigration if they don't respond.
hey Dalida, any news from your end?

dalida

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
vinaypuri said:
hey Dalida, any news from your end?
Nothing yet. I can not understand what can cause the delay, My status has not been updated since June 2012, any time I call CIC they are just brushing me off and not telling me anything. They have not responded even to the email of my MP. It's like they lost my file and don't know what to say.
When one applies for citizenship they have to make sure that the applicant meets all the points needed.- Being permanent resident, living in Canada certain period of time, not being in trouble with the law, to pass the test proving adequate knowledge of the language and history of Canada,... I meet all this, I live in the same address since I set foot in Canada, /been out only 45 days in 6 years and only 7 days before I sent my application, at the time was here more than 3 months than needed/, never been burden to the system, my husband files our taxes every year. If there is anything they want me to prove why don't they just tell me?

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dalida said:
Nothing yet. I can not understand what can cause the delay, My status has not been updated since June 2012, any time I call CIC they are just brushing me off and not telling me anything. They have not responded even to the email of my MP. It's like they lost my file and don't know what to say.
When one applies for citizenship they have to make sure that the applicant meets all the points needed.- Being permanent resident, living in Canada certain period of time, not being in trouble with the law, to pass the test proving adequate knowledge of the language and history of Canada,... I meet all this, I live in the same address since I set foot in Canada, /been out only 45 days in 6 years and only 7 days before I sent my application, at the time was here more than 3 months than needed/, never been burden to the system, my husband files our taxes every year. If there is anything they want me to prove why don't they just tell me?
That's horrible. Did you atleast apply for an ATIP just to know the status and where your file stands?

dalida

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
bangloboy said:
That's horrible. Did you atleast apply for an ATIP just to know the status and where your file stands?
I know that I passed the test on 9th of October 2013, was supposed to have oath in 2 months . 4 months passed and nothing.

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dalida said:
I know that I passed the test on 9th of October 2013, was supposed to have oath in 2 months . 4 months passed and nothing.
Did you get an ATIP though?

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Things are undoubtedly getting better timewise, yet the expectation of having the Oath within just days or even a few weeks after the test may not be completely realistic given that the system, as we all know, is still quite deficient.

The text below is taken from the CIC Help Center page, where they address the issue at hand:

"How long will I wait between my citizenship test and the ceremony?

We will give you the results of your test right after you take it. If you meet all the requirements for citizenship, including passing the citizenship test, we will invite you to a ceremony to take the oath of citizenship. This ceremony will normally take place within six months after you pass the test."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=363&t=5

CIC's answer - "within six months after you pass the test" - may indeed be an unwanted one, but the fact that many are getting invitations to the Oath Ceremony soon after the test should, instead, be very encouraging for all. This basically shows you that there is certainly no reason to desperate if you haven't received anything after, say, two to three months or even more than that.

S. :)

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Serendipity said:
Things are undoubtedly getting better timewise, yet the expectation of having the Oath within just days or even a few weeks after the test may not be completely realistic given that the system, as we all know, is still quite deficient.

The text below is taken from the CIC Help Center page, where they address the issue at hand:

"How long will I wait between my citizenship test and the ceremony?

We will give you the results of your test right after you take it. If you meet all the requirements for citizenship, including passing the citizenship test, we will invite you to a ceremony to take the oath of citizenship. This ceremony will normally take place within six months after you pass the test."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=363&t=5

CIC's answer - "within six months after you pass the test" - may indeed be an unwanted one, but the fact that many are getting invitations to the Oath Ceremony soon after the test should, instead, be very encouraging for all. This basically shows you that there is certainly no reason to desperate if you haven't received anything after, say, two to three months or even more than that.

S. :)
I hear you 'S' ... easier said then done :)

...when one sees everyone else's coming so fast I wonder what's wrong with my file .. or are they waiting on some other information and whole lot of other unwanted thoughts... for us immigrants this is the last step in journey.. don't want any hurdles at this point.

But I am patiently waiting, I m thinking if I do not hear back within 2 Months, I will write a letter to CIC Scarborough... During the test they said everyone will receive oath invitation within two Months...

dalida

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
vinaypuri said:
I hear you 'S' ... easier said then done :)

...when one sees everyone else's coming so fast I wonder what's wrong with my file .. or are they waiting on some other information and whole lot of other unwanted thoughts... for us immigrants this is the last step in journey.. don't want any hurdles at this point.

But I am patiently waiting, I m thinking if I do not hear back within 2 Months, I will write a letter to CIC Scarborough... During the test they said everyone will receive oath invitation within two Months...
Yes, you are totally right. If everyone is waiting same time as the rest, there wouldn't be this frustration. It gives you example that it's possible to get it soon, but since you don't, there must be a problem. We are fed up dealing with CIC, and when you pass the test you finally relax and say to yourself, 'that's it- no more waiting, in a few weeks just the formality of the ceremony and I will be Canadian. And then you get disappointed, it turns out that it's not over after all.