+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office citizenship oath

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nara said:
Congrats Serendipity! So happy for you! Did you take your exam at Scarborough or at St.Clair office?
It is a fair question. My application was in a ping-pong game between the two offices. Processing started at Scarborough, then it was transferred to St. Clair - which I was told was my official processing office - , and to my surprise I got the invitation to write the test at Scarborough.

Now, in my case, total processing time between the moment the application was received until Oath day is approximately 19 months (1 year, 7 months, 15 days). Definitely below the 24 month mark, yet not as quick as some of the more recent applications from 2013, some of which have been decided so fast that some applicants are attending their Oath ceremonies in Feb. and March this year. It is all part of the 'fascinating' and less-than-predictable world of immigration, one that I have learned to accept as one of those mysteries of life that sometimes surprises you with good news when you least expect it - hence, the name 'Serendipity'.

All in all, many fail to appreciate the easiness of immigrating to Canada and the fairness and generosity of its immigration system and laws. Unless you have done it somewhere else, which would give you elements of comparison, this is all there is, and minor setbacks quickly translate into unnecessary utter frustration and anger. Many would be surprised to know that, for instance, similar processes in the US are an absolute nightmare, not to mention extremely costly and emotionally draining. I am what is known as a "double immigrant", as Canada is my second immigrant destination after having first moved from my home country to the US about 18 years ago. So for me this is my second time around going through the hoops of settling down in a new country, and the experience in Canada has been nothing short of a blessing in almost in every step of the way.

Dear all, please feel blessed and exercise patient - lots of it when needed-, but also be proactive. Your Canadian citizenship is just around the corner.

Good luck to all!

S.:)

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Serendipity said:
It is a fair question. My application was in a ping-pong game between the two offices. Processing started at Scarborough, then it was transferred to St. Clair - which I was told was my official processing office - , and to my surprise I got the invitation to write the test at Scarborough.

Now, in my case, total processing time between the moment the application was received until Oath day is approximately 19 months (1 year, 7 months, 15 days). Definitely below the 24 month mark, yet not as quick as some of the more recent applications from 2013, some of which have been decided so fast that some applicants are attending their Oath ceremonies in Feb. and March this year. It is all part of the 'fascinating' and less-than-predictable world of immigration, one that I have learned to accept as one of those mysteries of life that sometimes surprises you with good news when you least expect it - hence, the name 'Serendipity'.

All in all, many fail to appreciate the easiness of immigrating to Canada and the fairness and generosity of its immigration system and laws. Unless you have done it somewhere else, which would give you elements of comparison, this is all there is, and minor setbacks quickly translate into unnecessary utter frustration and anger. Many would be surprised to know that, for instance, similar processes in the US are an absolute nightmare, not to mention extremely costly and emotionally draining. I am what is known as a "double immigrant", as Canada is my second immigrant destination after having first moved from my home country to the US about 18 years ago. So for me this is my second time around going through the hoops of settling down in a new country, and the experience in Canada has been nothing short of a blessing in almost in every step of the way.

Dear all, please feel blessed and exercise patient - lots of it when needed-, but also be proactive. Your Canadian citizenship is just around the corner.

Good luck to all!

S.:)
Absolutely, very good response 'S'. I agree with Canadian Immigration system as best in the developed world.

Same Story - 12 Years ago, I came to US as a student (F-1 Visa) followed by H-1b, worked for a top investment bank in IT for 5 years... got dumped on US Green Card processing. Tried Canada and it has been a dream from past 5 years.

With this history, it always create a sense of low confidence a time on Immigration System.. Don't get it wrong.. not complaining this time :)

bravepeople

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
vinaypuri said:
Absolutely, very good response 'S'. I agree with Canadian Immigration system as best in the developed world.

Same Story - 12 Years ago, I came to US as a student (F-1 Visa) followed by H-1b, worked for a top investment bank in IT for 5 years... got dumped on US Green Card processing. Tried Canada and it has been a dream from past 5 years.

With this history, it always create a sense of low confidence a time on Immigration System.. Don't get it wrong.. not complaining this time :)
Hello Vinaypuri and other friends,
Your information is very useful. Thank you all.
How can I know where is my office? My timeline is:

Start processing: 19 Feb. 2013
Got RQ on (sent from Scarbourough center): 2 July 2013
Received letter for written exam (letter dated on 18 Dec. 2013) to be prepared for the exam (from S. Clair center)
Received a letter form St. Clair to go for written exam on 24 Feb. 2014

Also, have you or other friends any idea when my oath date can be set? Is there any way to understand it after the exam?

I appreciate your help

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bravepeople said:
Hello Vinaypuri and other friends,
Your information is very useful. Thank you all.
How can I know where is my office? My timeline is:

Start processing: 19 Feb. 2013
Got RQ on (sent from Scarbourough center): 2 July 2013
Received letter for written exam (letter dated on 18 Dec. 2013) to be prepared for the exam (from S. Clair center)
Received a letter form St. Clair to go for written exam on 24 Feb. 2014

Also, have you or other friends any idea when my oath date can be set? Is there any way to understand it after the exam?

I appreciate your help
Your office now is St.. Clair. After the test, they let you know when is your Oath Date.

bravepeople

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
vinaypuri said:
Your office now is St.. Clair. After the test, they let you know when is your Oath Date.
Thank you Vinaypuri for the reply.

So, there is no estimation for my timeline's oath date? Also, do they let everybody in St. Clair about the test date or I should ask from the them? I have to return from Canada and trying to set a time or at least have an idea about the test. If it become soon, I will try to stay for the oath.

Thank you again for you information.

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not sure what you mean by "do they let everybody in St. Clair about the test date or I should ask from the them?" - you mean ask about the oath date? You already have a test date!!

If you look through this forum a lot of us have had RQs and then test dates at St Clair recently. Mine was on the 30th of Jan - and though CIC is moving fast we were told 2-4 months and they usually let you know 2 weeks prior to the Oath date. So there is no guarantee and everyone's is a different situation. As always with these sort of things (to me it's a priority) i ensure i don't miss it - because once you do they delay it further.

Good luck

bravepeople said:
Thank you Vinaypuri for the reply.

So, there is no estimation for my timeline's oath date? Also, do they let everybody in St. Clair about the test date or I should ask from the them? I have to return from Canada and trying to set a time or at least have an idea about the test. If it become soon, I will try to stay for the oath.

Thank you again for you information.

bravepeople

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
bangloboy said:
Not sure what you mean by "do they let everybody in St. Clair about the test date or I should ask from the them?" - you mean ask about the oath date? You already have a test date!!

If you look through this forum a lot of us have had RQs and then test dates at St Clair recently. Mine was on the 30th of Jan - and though CIC is moving fast we were told 2-4 months and they usually let you know 2 weeks prior to the Oath date. So there is no guarantee and everyone's is a different situation. As always with these sort of things (to me it's a priority) i ensure i don't miss it - because once you do they delay it further.

Good luck
Thank you bangloboy for your reply.

I made a mistake , I mean to ask "oath date" after the exam in St. Clair, because as you mentioned I already have the test date.
So, in your case, after 18 days, there in no update about your oath date and difficult to estimate it somehow,...

Regards

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bravepeople said:
Thank you bangloboy for your reply.

I made a mistake , I mean to ask "oath date" after the exam in St. Clair, because as you mentioned I already have the test date.
So, in your case, after 18 days, there in no update about your oath date and difficult to estimate it somehow,...

Regards
You will get in by Snail-Mail and in St Clair they will tell you tentatively when you will receive it during the test.

dalida

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
I passed the test oct 9, no letter yet, just called CIC and was told that by 1st of may will be done. how about that??? :'(

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dalida said:
I passed the test oct 9, no letter yet, just called CIC and was told that by 1st of may will be done. how about that??? :'(
Yeah, because once you pass the test, CIC Scarborough has 6 Months to schedule you for the Oath before CIC takes your complain.

Did you write the letter?

dalida

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
Today I sent letter to Scarborough office, will let you know if they respond. Will write letter to the Minister of Immigration if they don't respond.