+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office citizenship oath

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yolka said:
I think you should appreciate your timeline (based on you signature, you applied in 2013) as people like me applied before you and we had test the same time as you (I did not call CIC to complain about others getting their test before me, though I applied before them)!

It took us longer to get our test and obviously people like me who had test the same month as you get their oath earlier then you. I think it is fair!

I wish you all the best and hope you get your Oath very soon!
I agree, it wasn't a legit complaint. I should have waited for 2 Months what was told at the time of Oath.

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
vinaypuri said:
I agree, it wasn't a legit complaint. I should have waited for 2 Months what was told at the time of Oath.
:) I believe you get it very soon. All the best.

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Some good news here: as my wife and I were on our way out of the house to go and celebrate Valentine's Day, I decided to take a last look at the mailbox for no reason, and violá!! There it was, a brown envelop from CIC. And celebrate we did, indeed! - That was, no doubt, a great Valentine's present from the Scarborough CIC office. :D

Long story short, here is what happened from the moment of the test/interview:

Test/Interview: Feb. 7 2014
CIC sends letter on: Feb. 13 2014
Oath: Feb. 27 2014

That is only 20 days from test day to Oath day. Wow!!

Good luck to all

S. :)

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
good news I am so happy for you Guys, did you check if they updated it online too.

congratulation again

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jabuela said:
good news I am so happy for you Guys, did you check if they updated it online too.

congratulation again
Many thanks!. Surprisingly, e-CAS shows nothing about the Oath Ceremony - just checked it -.

Nara

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Serendipity! So happy for you! Did you take your exam at Scarborough or at St.Clair office?

Serendipity said:
Hi all,

Some good news here: as my wife and I were on our way out of the house to go and celebrate Valentine's Day, I decided to take a last look at the mailbox for no reason, and violá!! There it was, a brown envelop from CIC. And celebrate we did, indeed! - That was, no doubt, a great Valentine's present from the Scarborough CIC office. :D

Long story short, here is what happened from the moment of the test/interview:

Test/Interview: Feb. 7 2014
CIC sends letter on: Feb. 13 2014
Oath: Feb. 27 2014

That is only 20 days from test day to Oath day. Wow!!

Good luck to all

dalida

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
vinaypuri, I am also upset, it is not fare. why some people get letter in 2 weeks and some like me have to wait more than 4 months after the test? no one can help. not MP, not calls to CIC, everyone tells me that every case is different and some are lucky to get the oath sooner than others. I passed the test /20 out of 20/ on October 9, and we were told not to plan any travelling between 2 weeks and 2 months... now is 4 months...

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dalida said:
vinaypuri, I am also upset, it is not fare. why some people get letter in 2 weeks and some like me have to wait more than 4 months after the test? no one can help. not MP, not calls to CIC, everyone tells me that every case is different and some are lucky to get the oath sooner than others. I passed the test /20 out of 20/ on October 9, and we were told not to plan any travelling between 2 weeks and 2 months... now is 4 months...
Agreed ... now that we are part of this online community it makes you worried that something must be wrong... :)

Anyhow, did you try writing a letter to CIC Scarborough at 200 Town Center Ct? Reason I m saying is - when I called CIC, they told me that it is upto CIC - Scarborough, so I asked can I get a contact # of CIC-S, she said it is not possible to call them but we can write a letter and they will respond.

dalida

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
In the beginning of January my MP made inquiry, they told us that everything is normal and to be patient, month and week later I went again to MP office and they wrote letter once again, no answer yet. Thinking to go to Pickering to the constituency office of the Minister of Immigration... don't know what to do anymore.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dalida said:
In the beginning of January my MP made inquiry, they told us that everything is normal and to be patient, month and week later I went again to MP office and they wrote letter once again, no answer yet. Thinking to go to Pickering to the constituency office of the Minister of Immigration... don't know what to do anymore.
I would say, you write a letter by yourself. Lets see if that helps.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinaypuri said:
I would say, you write a letter by yourself. Lets see if that helps.
another reason I think is, I don't trust these MPs office.. you tell them to do something they will tell you done and waiting but in reality they might have not done anything.

dalida

Star Member
Aug 27, 2012
I'm afraid that you might be right. I will send letter to Scarborough office monday. If it doesn't help will write to the Ombudsman , to Harper... they made sure that there is nothing we can do about it.

Nara

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wayne_vega look at the signature, where clearly reads: Application type: Office: St. Clair

wayne_vega said:
It clearly reads there Scarborough CIC office.