+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough office citizenship oath

supadude

Feb 11, 2014
It was at 10am. I have noticed some people are already taken the oath ceremony at the time I arrived.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So Guys, I called CIC and told them that I know a person who did test after me and got the Oath invite and not sure why I am not getting.

She was nice and said your file is complete with no updates. Citizenship apps take 24 months to complete and yours is a year old app. So basically, they are not saying anything... it is at the mercy of people who work at CIC Scarborough... not sure where they have thrown my file from the pile.

Wonder if writing a letter to Scarborough office will help?

nedaaa

Feb 6, 2014
it seems like we can not do anything but wait. One of my friends got his citizenship in just 6 months from start to the oath. I hope we get the notice asap.

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinaypuri said:
So Guys, I called CIC and told them that I know a person who did test after me and got the Oath invite and not sure why I am not getting.

She was nice and said your file is complete with no updates. Citizenship apps take 24 months to complete and yours is a year old app. So basically, they are not saying anything... it is at the mercy of people who work at CIC Scarborough... not sure where they have thrown my file from the pile.

Wonder if writing a letter to Scarborough office will help?
No reason to freak out. Just be patient. Other people's experiences and fast processing times should be encouraging, rather than a reason to go into panic mode. 24 months is the official processing time, and the fact that you are already done with the test so early in the process should be a reason to celebrate. Besides, everyone's process is unique and a multiplicity of factors may either expedite or delayed it, so there is no point in comparing yourself with others.

For instance, your application was received 8 months later than mine, yet you got to write the test before I did. Relax, take a deep breath and be happy to know that you are just weeks away from the Oath Ceremony - two months max. It is around the corner!

:)

S.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Serendipity said:
No reason to freak out. Just be patient. Other people's experiences and fast processing times should be encouraging, rather than a reason to go into panic mode. 24 months is the official processing time, and the fact that you are already done with the test so early in the process should be a reason to celebrate. Besides, everyone's process is unique and a multiplicity of factors may either expedite or delayed it, so there is no point in comparing yourself with others.

For instance, your application was received 8 months later than mine, yet you got to write the test before I did. Relax, take a deep breath and be happy to know that you are just weeks away from the Oath Ceremony - two months max. It is around the corner!

:)

S.
I agree with Serendipity... I think part of the problem is we are always worried because CIC can make a mess of any legit app.

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was checking online at CIC website and I couldn't see any ceremony dates after Feb, 7 in Scarborough does that mean that there aren't any ceremonies going on now, or is it that they just didn't update.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jabuela said:
I was checking online at CIC website and I couldn't see any ceremony dates after Feb, 7 in Scarborough does that mean that there aren't any ceremonies going on now, or is it that they just didn't update.
its out of date.. we have folks in the forum with Oath dates of Feb 13, Feb 14 etc

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jabuela said:
what is your timeline?

MrsEmondSr

Jan 20, 2014
Vinaypuri,
Good afternoon, Did you happen to call today to find out if they would provide you with any information about your oath ceremony?

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrsEmondSr said:
Vinaypuri,
Good afternoon, Did you happen to call today to find out if they would provide you with any information about your oath ceremony?
Yes MrsEmondSr. Exactly 3 weeks after the test.

Jabuela

Star Member
Feb 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinaypuri said:
what is your timeline?
Applicant App Received InProcess_Date Office Application Test Date Oath Date

Jabuela Aug 1, 2013 Oct 7, 2013 Scarborough, Ontario Single Feb 05, 2014 ?

MrsEmondSr

Jan 20, 2014
vinaypuri said:
Hi MrsEmondSr, I called but thy did not provide any insight into oath date... so still waiting for ecase update or letter :(
Oh sorry, I misunderstood, I thought you meant you'd be taking oath exactly 3 weeks after testing. Well at least you know you will be receiving it soon. (I know the wait is terrible) but it will happen.
Marie

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
vinaypuri said:
Hi MrsEmondSr, I called but thy did not provide any insight into oath date... so still waiting for ecase update or letter :(
I think you should appreciate your timeline (based on you signature, you applied in 2013) as people like me applied before you and we had test the same time as you (I did not call CIC to complain about others getting their test before me, though I applied before them)!

It took us longer to get our test and obviously people like me who had test the same month as you get their oath earlier then you. I think it is fair!

I wish you all the best and hope you get your Oath very soon!