+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Scarborough Landing - Timeline?? + Next Steps?

smarties786

Aug 31, 2012
Hey Everyone!

Quick question. I received an email today saying that "You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent
Residence will be processed separately and the applicant will hear from this office shortly."

Subsequent to this, my wife received another e-mail saying the following:
"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident
status as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Scarborough will contact you concerning your permanent
resident status.
Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will
be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration
Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be
made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the
confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your
passport or identity documents.
You may now apply for an open work permit, which will allow you to work in the occupation and
location of your choice. "

Does this mean that our processing is complete? Both step 1 and step 2? Also, does this mean we will be called for an interview? After this letter, about how long does it take to be contacted by the Scarborough Office?

Thanks!!

yaye2009

Star Member
May 9, 2009
Cheer, Congratulation ,that mean the application for permanent resident is completed and you just have to have for scarborough office to contact you for your landing normally shouldn't take that long maybe 2 to 4 weeks ,relax now and make sure you pay the RPRF $490 now or at the time of your landing good luc :D

smarties786

Aug 31, 2012
Thanks.

Has any one recently gone through the process? How long did it take for Scarborough to contact you, and how long thereafter was your interview scheduled?

papirico

Star Member
Mar 17, 2013
Congrats, indeed your process has been completed!

Unfortunately, Scarborough is the busiest office in the country. I landed there.
2 month wait to receive your landing appointment then the appointment itself for the following month, meaning a 3 month total wait from the time you received that email.

And for citizenship there (that's where I am at), it appears to be a 2 year thing :(

mone

Nov 20, 2011
Thanks papirico,

That what I thought too but you know how it is, if you are so close everything looks to be even longer :D

oh sorry to hear about your two years, that sucks. good luck tho