+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sample Employment Reference Letter

kpsingh2424

Oct 20, 2016
Hello Frns,

I have the letter of reference from my employer as per the required format.. just one catch is that..
I had asked for it saying that I want to go for an online course and this is one of the reqd documents for that..
and My employer have written on the document that:

This letter is being provided for the purpose of enrolling in the "XXX" course at YYYY" Only.

Can this work for OINP? for some reason I cant ask for a letter of reference for immigration purposes.

Thanks in advance for advice.......

Partap Kumar

Nov 24, 2016
Hello Everyone, here's my Sample letter as Project Engineer

February 9, 2017

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

RE: xxx (Your Name)
Street Address.
City, Province
Postal Code

This letter is to Certify that xxx is currently working as a full-time employee as a Project Engineer with xxxx since April 25, 2016. As a full-time employee, he is mainly responsible for taking the assigned projects from concept to completion. Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:

• Coordinate all project elements including engineering design, quality planning, manufacturing, installation, commissioning and final buy-off phases
• Manage the assigned project within budget
• Anticipate any potential project risks, identifying and establishing corrective actions
• Effectively analyse customer and internal changes, including feasibility study
• Participate in Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEAs), robustness studies, etc
• Participate in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) processes

xxxxx is currently working 44 hours a week and is currently earning $xxx annually. Beside yearly salary he is also eligible for other benefits such as 2 weeks of paid vacation per year, extended health plan, dental plan, vision plan, short term Disability plan and RRSP plan.

If any further information is required, please contact the Human Resource Department.

Sincerely,

Signature ------------

Name:
Title:
Contact Information ( Company’s address, telephone number, fax number e-mail address)

Reactions: AnIndian

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
jes_ON said:
If you are applying under CEC class, you do not need any references from work performed outside of Canada. If you are applying under Federal Skilled Worker, there is a different forum for those applications.
Are you sure.. since 50 points is given for foreign work experience, shouldn't we give reference letters for these?

I'm asking because for my foreign experience, the reference letter has all the details.. but not hours worked/week (it just states permanent full time)

Kindly advice.

adaytoremember

Sep 18, 2014
last_try said:
Are you sure.. since 50 points is given for foreign work experience, shouldn't we give reference letters for these?

I'm asking because for my foreign experience, the reference letter has all the details.. but not hours worked/week (it just states permanent full time)

Kindly advice.
You quoted a post that is almost three years old. Back then, foreign work experience didn't matter. It is different now.

heysushant

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Dear All,

I have a small problem with the reference letters.
I hope someone can help....

1. My previous employer's HR has refused to send a letter of reference to me, be it in any format.
They say that reference letters are only provided to people who are going to leave the company, not people who have already left.

At the time of off-boarding I didn't care much for the 2 lines of experience and RnRs my incompetent manager had written for me, which of course do not match with the work I did there. At that time nobody knew about EE and what CIC might ask for.

However, I have managed to ask an ex-colleague of mine still working in the same project, to confirm my RnRs via an official email.

2. My present employer doesn't give any reference letters either. Again, its only provided for people who are going to leave the company, not people who are currently working.
If I do ask, it sends a message that I might soon be leaving the company, which jeopardises my job if my EE application doesn't go through. However, my reporting Manager is a nice guy and has asked me to ask if an email from him would work? He is willing to provide his personal phone number and email if CIC requires.

Any ideas?
I guess many people might have faced this dilemma while submitting their documents.. :-[

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
heysushant said:
Dear All,

I have a small problem with the reference letters.
I hope someone can help....

1. My previous employer's HR has refused to send a letter of reference to me, be it in any format.
They say that reference letters are only provided to people who are going to leave the company, not people who have already left.

At the time of off-boarding I didn't care much for the 2 lines of experience and RnRs my incompetent manager had written for me, which of course do not match with the work I did there. At that time nobody knew about EE and what CIC might ask for.

However, I have managed to ask an ex-colleague of mine still working in the same project, to confirm my RnRs via an official email.

2. My present employer doesn't give any reference letters either. Again, its only provided for people who are going to leave the company, not people who are currently working.
If I do ask, it sends a message that I might soon be leaving the company, which jeopardises my job if my EE application doesn't go through. However, my reporting Manager is a nice guy and has asked me to ask if an email from him would work? He is willing to provide his personal phone number and email if CIC requires.

Any ideas?
I guess many people might have faced this dilemma while submitting their documents.. :-[
You have to draft a letter stating your position, duties, hours, pay from your supervisor and make an affidavit. Moreover include email conversation with HR to show your efforts.

sample duties letter

Date

This letter is to conform that NAME is currently working in COMPANY as JOB TITLE at LOCATION from DATE to DATE.
NAME was hired as Lab tech A from DATE TO DATE.
From DATE he promoted to lab tech B and he was released on DATE from company because of shortage of work

NOC:
JOB TITLE:

MAIN DUTIES:
LAB tech A duties

LAB tech B duties

WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position is full time with 40-45 hours per week
Salary for lab tech a $$
Salary for lab tech B $$
Benefits xxxxxxx

EDUCATION REQUIRENMENT:
Mininum of bachelor or diploma in xxxxxx

SKILLS:

fats paced
ms office
multitask etc.

RELEVENT WORK EXP:
1-2 year is strong asset but training provided with right education and person.

Contact for more information

SIGNATURE
HR NAME
ADDRESS
EMAIL
PHONE

Reactions: Chetnagulati

tbooy

May 28, 2017
Hello Everyone, here's my Sample letter as Project Engineer

February 9, 2017

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

RE: xxx (Your Name)
Street Address.
City, Province
Postal Code

This letter is to Certify that xxx is currently working as a full-time employee as a Project Engineer with xxxx since April 25, 2016. As a full-time employee, he is mainly responsible for taking the assigned projects from concept to completion. Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:

• Coordinate all project elements including engineering design, quality planning, manufacturing, installation, commissioning and final buy-off phases
• Manage the assigned project within budget
• Anticipate any potential project risks, identifying and establishing corrective actions
• Effectively analyse customer and internal changes, including feasibility study
• Participate in Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEAs), robustness studies, etc
• Participate in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) processes

xxxxx is currently working 44 hours a week and is currently earning $xxx annually. Beside yearly salary he is also eligible for other benefits such as 2 weeks of paid vacation per year, extended health plan, dental plan, vision plan, short term Disability plan and RRSP plan.

If any further information is required, please contact the Human Resource Department.

Sincerely,

Signature ------------

Name:
Title:
Contact Information ( Company’s address, telephone number, fax number e-mail address)
Hi Kumar,

My previous and current employee inform me that they cannot address the letter of experience "To Whom It May Concern". kindly advise on an address that i can use

rahugang

Jun 15, 2017
Hi,

I have a question regarding my spouse's Canadian work experience. She worked for more than a year as cook in Pizza Hut but never got any offer letter or experience letter.

She does have T4, NOA and pay stubs. Her manager can provide notarized reference letter but not in company letter head because its not available for them. Her manager doesn't have any visiting card but the complete contact details will be there in the letter.

To claim CRS points of 1 year spouse's Canadian work experience, will these documents be sufficient?

Thanks,
RG

stepover

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Hello guys, please I need help on this.

If you work in a family business, can your father (company owner) or brother (company manager) sign your employment reference letter for the company?
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Ksavier

ankitparas

May 13, 2014
Hello Friends,

Can you please let me know if below mentioned job duties are fine for NOC 2174.

• Requirement elicitation from Trading partners, analysis, development and testing of the B2B EDI/NON EDI interfaces.
  • Developed complex interfaces in BIC MD and configured customer setups with all possible forwarding combinations and deployment activities.
  • Oversee basic production support issues including file import errors, transfers, banking activities and EDI data formatting issues.
  • Prepared functional and technical specification documents as per the industrial standards.
  • Involved in the quarterly Go-Live/Rollout activities like Cutover activities, transports.
  • Implemented the procedures through all the stages of software development lifecycle, right from requirement analysis to deployment.
  • Single point of contact for all Change Request Implementations and provided the error free and quality deliverables.
  • Provided EDI support to client and proposed business solutions at client office in The United States.
  • Worked with customers and third-party vendors on file integrations and testing.
  • Actively handled the support activities and resolved the User Restoration, User Request and Infrastructure tickets in ROD.
  • Responsible for submitting weekly project progress reports to management and attend Client meetings to coordinate the project work.
  • Lead the Development and Support team at offshore and coordinated with onsite for delivery and sign off.

Thanks

sa83

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-06-2018
Hi have reference letter from my current employer as per CIC norms. Ita has all the details including contact and letter head in English but the company/hospital stamp is in arabic. Do I need to get it translated??

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi have reference letter from my current employer as per CIC norms. Ita has all the details including contact and letter head in English but the company/hospital stamp is in arabic. Do I need to get it translated??
What is the information in the stamp? Company name? Anything else that is not already in the letter?