+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

rupeshhari - CIU Sydney NS reply and issues

spirit0176

Jan 29, 2009
Re: rupeshhari - CIU Sydney NS

Dear Rupeshari,
I had few doubt and will really appreciate if you can help me and guide me..I am so confused with the Canadian immigration authority.
I submitted my file to Sydney, NS on Jan9-2009. And I have no response from them. I called the bank and put a trace on my draft and found that my draft got cleared on Jan 27th 2009. What is ur take on this please.
Second thing my visa in US will expire in May 2009..Do you think I can me it in that time ...
Regards Rahul spirit0176@yahoo.com

ss123

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
you can soon expect to hear good news from them. if they are clearing bank draft means they are satisfied so far with your appln. prepare for next phase.

abingc

Jan 28, 2009
I am getting ready to file under the FSW 1 category from US ( iam on h1b - software), i believe i have to send the docs to CIU NS Canada directly. Are the following attachments enough:
a) All application forms
b) fees - i wonder how to get canadian casher's check made in US - will banks do?
c) do i need a cover letter - any one has any format to share?
d) Mailing labels - can i simply print my address in english in the middle of a letter size page - make 2 copies and send that
e) Although the application forms have space for photos but the instructions say do not send now ??
f) i was planning to mark No in IeLTS - do i send them any letter to explian that now or later?

target2009match

Star Member
Dec 18, 2008
I have qusetion if i want to explain more about my working experience ,by whom i would like to write like for example
To
Cic sydney novascotia
Canada
Respected sir /madam
like ths or not by whom iwill have to write? thanks and takecare

abingc

Jan 28, 2009
rupeshhari said:
abingc said:
I am getting ready to file under the FSW 1 category from US ( iam on h1b - software), i believe i have to send the docs to CIU NS Canada directly. Are the following attachments enough:
a) All application forms
b) fees - i wonder how to get canadian casher's check made in US - will banks do?
c) do i need a cover letter - any one has any format to share?
d) Mailing labels - can i simply print my address in english in the middle of a letter size page - make 2 copies and send that
e) Although the application forms have space for photos but the instructions say do not send now ??
f) i was planning to mark No in IeLTS - do i send them any letter to explian that now or later?
you can send a cover letter if you think you need to explain something but it is not necessary. We dont even know if they look at it.
Address labels can be printed using a normal computer. I did not even print it on two pieces of paper. I did it on one sheet and sent it as is.
I put in a photo but i have subsequently understood from this forum that you don't have to. You can ask Canadastan or Zahidkalid to confirm what they did.
I sent them a letter but I don't know if they looked at it. I have a feeling they don't.
Hi - can you send me the sample format of the letter you sent along ?

aon

Jan 29, 2009
Dear Rupeshhari,

I would like to know what are the documents that you have to submit to buffalo?

I just received a letter from Sydney, NS.

Thanks!

target2009match

Star Member
Dec 18, 2008
Ok ,i understand and yes i read also ,they mention write down only question number and then give explanation ,AM i right?or additional sheet of same eorm and then write on it may be i m confusing ,i feel ,i can write on those 4 to 5 lines rather than writing anything extra ,what is ur opinion ?thanks and takecare

chefumang

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
hi
can u pls giv eme details when u send ur application and where . bcoz after almost 1.5 months i ahev no news.
aon said:
Dear Rupeshhari,

I would like to know what are the documents that you have to submit to buffalo?

I just received a letter from Sydney, NS.

Thanks!

abingc

Jan 28, 2009
If you guys are in US, how did you make the certified cheque/bank draft or money order in canadian funds made? None of my credit union make in canadain $??

canadastan

Star Member
Dec 17, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2008
Doc's Request.
22-12-2008
Med's Done....
04-02-2010
Interview........
=
Passport Req..
April fools day 2010
VISA ISSUED...
6 July REALY HOT CANADIAN DAY
LANDED..........
Happily ever after ............
rupeshhari said:
Canadastan,

Submitted my application today. Hope your IELTS preparation is going well. Good luck when you send it.
Hopefully, i haven't made any mistakes.
Good luck my friend, was just STUDYING,
I will note down this day, hope all goes well for you, just make sure to get accommodation with 1 extra bed once in Canada, in case somebody you know gets in too!

When you get to the stage when you start doubting your application, I will be here to help you through it! :)
you did well, things will be alright.

Canadastan

A

Albertagoverner

canadastan said:
Dear rupeshhari,

We are in the same boat, my freind, got my recommendation from CIU Sydney.
it took ages:
posted on 30 Nov 2008 (but the very next week was the Eid/Hajj vacation)
They received it on 15 December 2008
Letter dated 22 December 2008
the Canadian postage says 06 Jan 2009
arrived in Saudi Arabia on 12 Jan 2009

My problems are:

- I have until 22 April to send in my docs, My IELTS exam is on 30 April 2009!!

can I asl for an extension by email? or do I have to use post or express service?

- The online tracking says = Withdrawn !! obviously I did not withdraw. what's wrong?

Best wishes for you all

Canadastan
Definitely, you should convey the situation regarding Ielts test date.

canadastan

Star Member
Dec 17, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2008
Doc's Request.
22-12-2008
Med's Done....
04-02-2010
Interview........
=
Passport Req..
April fools day 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Albertagoverner said:
canadastan said:
Dear rupeshhari,

We are in the same boat, my freind, got my recommendation from CIU Sydney.
it took ages:
posted on 30 Nov 2008 (but the very next week was the Eid/Hajj vacation)
They received it on 15 December 2008
Letter dated 22 December 2008
the Canadian postage says 06 Jan 2009
arrived in Saudi Arabia on 12 Jan 2009

My problems are:

- I have until 22 April to send in my docs, My IELTS exam is on 30 April 2009!!

can I asl for an extension by email? or do I have to use post or express service?

- The online tracking says = Withdrawn !! obviously I did not withdraw. what's wrong?

Best wishes for you all

Canadastan
Definitely, you should convey the situation regarding Ielts test date.
thanks I hope 14 March is close enough

canadastan

Star Member
Dec 17, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2008
Doc's Request.
22-12-2008
Med's Done....
04-02-2010
Interview........
=
Passport Req..
April fools day 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
rupeshhari said:
Canadastan,

Submitted my application today. Hope your IELTS preparation is going well. Good luck when you send it.
tell me my friend, when you send your appication, do you get rid of the obession with CIC? or it drags on? I hope it is the first.

I started getting paranoid, I was reading the instructions again and got the questions I posted here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/returned-copies-translations-and-fees-t14536.0.html

I am sure you didn't need to go through the same (different place, foreign language).

Canadastan

Melik

Feb 6, 2009
Guys, please help me with my situation!
I submitted my file to Sydney, NS on 31Dec-2008. But I have no response from them. I called the bank and found that my draft got cleared on 15 Jan 2009. Is it a good news or my application still can be rejected?

canadastan

Star Member
Dec 17, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2008
Doc's Request.
22-12-2008
Med's Done....
04-02-2010
Interview........
=
Passport Req..
April fools day 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
rupeshhari said:
canadastan said:
rupeshhari said:
Canadastan,

Good luck my friend, was just STUDYING,
I will note down this day, hope all goes well for you, just make sure to get accommodation with 1 extra bed once in Canada, in case somebody you know gets in too!

When you get to the stage when you start doubting your application, I will be here to help you through it! :)
you did well, things will be alright.

Canadastan
There will always be doubts in the application lol, but hopefully i dont think about it. It is what it is. Its a long wait so dont want to think that long. i might not come on here much anymore....so i can do my real work more lol. It would also help me forget about my application, until the visa office come back with more questions to me. Good luck with the studies. i heard its not so bad.
thanks for the wishes,
exactly my strategy, like a camping trip, enjoy the company while the food cooks at the back (that's of course until i come back screaming here HELP HELP). looking forward to join you and the others around the camp fire my friend, until then enjoy the normal life.

Canadastan