+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RTD applications 2020

Shafiqahmad

Jan 4, 2020
I don't have PR card yet but COPR, can I get 5yrs RTD? Have you seen anyone that applied with that?
Nope u need to send yr pr card along with application thn they will give u 5 years RTD . Without pr card even if u send corp they will give u 2 years RTD .

Besttee

Star Member
Nov 8, 2020
zn
Nope u need to send yr pr card along with application thn they will give u 5 years RTD . Without pr card even if u send corp they will give u 2 years RTD .
Do you mean photocopy of my PR? Since this renewal,I don't have to sign Guarantor section?

Rafffff

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
I am in the same situation so I called IRCC today to see if I can renew with only my COPR without PR card, I was surprised when the agent told me I can’t and I have to wait for the PR card that will take months to process. What shocked me even more was when I said it’s okay I will apply with my notice of decision, the agent told me I can’t because I am not refugee anymore and I have no chance to apply for renewal at the moment. How accurate is this? Did anyone have a different experience and would like to share it here so I can know what to do in this case? Thank you

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
I am in the same situation so I called IRCC today to see if I can renew with only my COPR without PR card, I was surprised when the agent told me I can’t and I have to wait for the PR card that will take months to process. What shocked me even more was when I said it’s okay I will apply with my notice of decision, the agent told me I can’t because I am not refugee anymore and I have no chance to apply for renewal at the moment. How accurate is this? Did anyone have a different experience and would like to share it here so I can know what to do in this case? Thank you
you are still a refugee with pr status hence why you can't go back to the country you fled. apply with your notice of decision. applying with copr your application will be refused

Rafffff

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
you are still a refugee with pr status hence why you can't go back to the country you fled. apply with your notice of decision. applying with copr your application will be refused
Hey Yuki, do you personally know anyone applied with NOD after becoming a PR and got it? The reason i am asking is because the agent today made it sound like it’s impossible to do so.

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
Hey Yuki, do you personally know anyone applied with NOD after becoming a PR and got it? The reason i am asking is because the agent today made it sound like it’s impossible to do so.
no but people have said it will be refused with copr and someone it happened to did post about it. so either apply with nod or wait on your card. no one knows how long i haven't seen any posting about pr cards since December. and some have been waiting since summer last year. i feel like they are delaying the cards so that people won't travel.

Besttee

Star Member
Nov 8, 2020
no but people have said it will be refused with copr and someone it happened to did post about it. so either apply with nod or wait on your card. no one knows how long i haven't seen any posting about pr cards since December. and some have been waiting since summer last year. i feel like they are delaying the cards so that people won't travel.
Once received PR Card, do I need to include the plastic to submit for the RTD or just photocopy should be fine? Do I need to sign the photocopy myself or guarantor. Though,you don't need a guarantor for RTD renewal.

Misakaswal

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
Hi All can anybody please tell that what is the procedure for getting seized passport back from Cbsa after becoming PR and if anybody get his seized documents back from Cbsa during COVID please if anybody have updated information

Reactions: luckyrefugee

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Hi All can anybody please tell that what is the procedure for getting seized passport back from Cbsa after becoming PR and if anybody get his seized documents back from Cbsa during COVID please if anybody have updated information
Its common question in all group and no one has any answer. i think no one received there seized documents in this covid time. There should be some process.

Reactions: Misakaswal

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
My friend was in the same situation as yours. She had CoPR and NOD, (no PR card). She had to use her NOD and she got 2-year-validity RTD.

Reactions: Yuki.03

Sarah0211

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
My friend was in the same situation as yours. She had CoPR and NOD, (no PR card). She had to use her NOD and she got 2-year-validity RTD.
Thank you so much for this Ryan. Has your friend been able to travel and come back to Canada with CoPR only?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryan4

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
Thank you so much for this Ryan. Has your friend been able to travel and come back to Canada with CoPR only?
she was trying to get a Saudi Umrah visa... and they require a PR card to get the visa, so she had to wait for her PR card. However; with that being said, I’m pretty sure getting back to canada is not an issue since they issued you a travel document. They wouldn’t issue you a travel document if you’re not allowed to travel.

Similar story happened to me when I traveled while waiting for my PR application, the IRCC officer at the airport was trying to press me with her questions and she was like: “you know you are a refugee here and you shouldn’t be traveling”, and my response was “my lawyer told me I can travel to any country EXCEPT my home country” and she was like “yes, they wouldn’t issue you a travel document if you are not allowed to travel” and I was like “yeah, that’s what I thought too!”.

Sarah0211

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
she was trying to get a Saudi Umrah visa... and they require a PR card to get the visa, so she had to wait for her PR card. However; with that being said, I’m pretty sure getting back to canada is not an issue since they issued you a travel document. They wouldn’t issue you a travel document if you’re not allowed to travel.

Similar story happened to me when I traveled while waiting for my PR application, the IRCC officer at the airport was trying to press me with her questions and she was like: “you know you are a refugee here and you shouldn’t be traveling”, and my response was “my lawyer told me I can travel to any country EXCEPT my home country” and she was like “yes, they wouldn’t issue you a travel document if you are not allowed to travel” and I was like “yeah, that’s what I thought too!”.

That makes sense. That is a good answer. Thank you!

Reactions: Ryan4