+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ on Education.....Please help

Hope13

Jan 3, 2014
Hi,

I have received an RQ to send Transcripts for an online software course that I did. So far its good.

But the problem is that with my foolishness I have included this as ----Education ---- online course----toronto ca ----in the work and education history for the past 4 years section of citizenship application.
But actually I did this online course from India as they are cheaper over there. The reason I mentioned Toronto Ca is I thought I was in Toronto while I was taking this online course from India.

HOW WOULD I SEND THE RESPONSE TO THE OFF ICER ABOUT this CONFUSION. Apart from this I have submitted all my work history after that time frame. I COULD HAVE JUST PUT JOB SEARCH INSTEAD OF THIS EDUCATION, but it is late to repent.

Please guys advice me on this

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Have you lived in Canada for at least 1095 days in the last 4 years? And when did you take this course and for how long? Does it fall into your 1095 days of physical presence in Canada?

Hope13 said:
Hi,

I have received an RQ to send Transcripts for an online software course that I did. So far its good.

But the problem is that with my foolishness I have included this as ----Education ---- online course----toronto ca ----in the work and education history for the past 4 years section of citizenship application.
But actually I did this online course from India as they are cheaper over there. The reason I mentioned Toronto Ca is I thought I was in Toronto while I was taking this online course from India.

HOW WOULD I SEND THE RESPONSE TO THE OFF ICER ABOUT this CONFUSION. Apart from this I have submitted all my work history after that time frame. I COULD HAVE JUST PUT JOB SEARCH INSTEAD OF THIS EDUCATION, but it is late to repent.

Please guys advice me on this

Hope13

Jan 3, 2014
I have lied in Canada more than 1095 days. I took this course while I was in Toronto, CA and it falls into my 1095 days presence.

These online classes were held in India but I used to attend them from here. The CIC letter mentioned to send the transcripts from School, but its a SOftware training centre where they would only give Course Completion Certificates.

I request all the experienced people in this forum to advice me on this.

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
I think you should tell them the truth that it was an online course based in India and you took it while you were in Canada. You should also try to collect other evidence of physical presence in Canada while you were taking that course and send it along with your course certificate, and hope that you won't receive an RQ. But most likely they will issue you an RQ if they see that the certificate was issued from an India-based course. All the best!

Hope13 said:
I have lied in Canada more than 1095 days. I took this course while I was in Toronto, CA and it falls into my 1095 days presence.

These online classes were held in India but I used to attend them from here. The CIC letter mentioned to send the transcripts from School, but its a SOftware training centre where they would only give Course Completion Certificates.

I request all the experienced people in this forum to advice me on this.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It seems as if you got a request from CIC (CPC - Sidney) to submit proof of your education for the 4 years which you listed in your application..this kind of letter is received soon after applying i.e around the 3 month mark as opposed to an actual RQ? Can you clarify? Also is your entire application returned or they just want the school letter.

Hope13

Jan 3, 2014
I have submitted my application on aug 6 and is in process right now.

They asked me to send the proof only for school records.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Msafiri said:
It seems as if you got a request from CIC (CPC - Sidney) to submit proof of your education for the 4 years which you listed in your application..this kind of letter is received soon after applying i.e around the 3 month mark as opposed to an actual RQ? Can you clarify? Also is your entire application returned or they just want the school letter.
Is this request like an RQ but not really? Kinda of like the new "Request for Documentary Evidence of Residence in Canada"?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope13 said:
I have submitted my application on aug 6 and is in process right now.

They asked me to send the proof only for school records.
Ok. This is not an RQ just a plain request for additional info. Thank the agent that opened your file as they did not return the application back as incomplete and have saved you loss of time. Send the course completions certificates you have and explain about the lack of transcripts - do you have evidence from the institution about this lack of transcripts?

Were you employed in the 4 years? Is this job of a type that requires your daily presence for most of the week i.e. is it say more than 35 hrs/ week? Do you get paid by check or direct deposit? Does the job deduct CPP/ Federal Taxes? If yes then you are likely ok for proof of physical presence but if you are relying on the course as your only/major proof of presence then you will likely get an RQ from CPS Sidney/ Local Office.

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
The problem with this course is that it is based in India. So, even if he gets transcripts, it will show as a course based in India, which makes things even worse. He should definitely also look into other ways of proving his physical presence in Canada for the duration of that course.

Msafiri said:
Ok. This is not an RQ just a plain request for additional info. Thank the agent that opened your file as they did not return the application back as incomplete and have saved you loss of time. Send the course completions certificates you have and explain about the lack of transcripts - do you have evidence from the institution about this lack of transcripts?

Were you employed in the 4 years? Is this job of a type that requires your daily presence for most of the week i.e. is it say more than 35 hrs/ week? Do you get paid by check or direct deposit? Does the job deduct CPP/ Federal Taxes? If yes then you are likely ok for proof of physical presence but if you are relying on the course as your only/major proof of presence then you will likely get an RQ from CPS Sidney/ Local Office.

Hope13

Jan 3, 2014
Msafiri said:

I am employed from May 2011 to current. So i have already sent my tax docs, T4's and all proof from May 2011. But as I was unemployed during the course period, Can I send them my bills and credit card statements and lease docs.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope13 said:
I am employed from May 2011 to current. So i have already sent my tax docs, T4's and all proof from May 2011. But as I was unemployed during the course period, Can I send them my bills and credit card statements and lease docs.
What are your qualifying years? Which of these years were you unemployed and doing the course? How did you survive - savings, welfare etc?

Hope13

Jan 3, 2014
Qualifying Time Frame: From Dec 09 to July 13

I was unemployed until May 2011, like almost one and half year. We survived on savings, my husband was taking his lisence exams and I have an infant and also looking for a job in my field.

dodan

Mar 7, 2010
usa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would write a covering letter describing that the “online” course was offered and administered by ABC org from India and I attended it while trying for jobs in Toronto.

On a separate paragraph I would clarify stating that I have attached proofs of my physical presence and then I would submit bills, financial statements etc.

By doing so, if CIC has any concern whether you were taking the course or how bona fide the training was, they will get clarification. My wild guess is that they are not poking into what the course was or its credibility. Just that you have stated in your application and they want to verify it. And then most importantly, you will be able to prove your physical presence in CAN.

Btw, if you do not have transcripts, you might want to send an email/note to the course coordinator (or whoever) and either receive the transcripts or get a response from them saying "we do not provide any such doc" and you can very well attach that reply with your document to CIC as well.

Hope13 said:
Qualifying Time Frame: From Dec 09 to July 13

I was unemployed until May 2011, like almost one and half year. We survived on savings, my husband was taking his lisence exams and I have an infant and also looking for a job in my field.