RQ Applicants from 2011

echorael

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
whiterose232 said:
My citizenship application timeline is even worse than yours:

Citizenship applied - May 2010
Citizenship Test - Mar 2011
RQ Received - Mar 2011 (Same day of citizenship test)
RQ Submitted - Sep 2011 (US border agency took 6 months to release the in/out data)

After repeated calls to CIC, I received three letters from them; Oct 2013, May 2014 and June 2014, saying the same thing that the application is still in the queue and yet to be assigned for reviewing. I also got the reply for ATIP and my case file shows no activity since Nov 2012.

It's been 53 months since I applied and still counting.......................................................
When was the last time you requested the ATIP? and what is your office?

echorael

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
whiterose232 said:
My office is St. Clair.
Was the RQ because you were short of the 1095 day? Or Was it because of your frequent travel?? If you the reason is being short of the 1095 then most likely your file will be decided by a judge because CIC are now so strict about the PP. if the frequent travel is the reason then I hope that you will receive your oath any day now. Compare the latest ATIP and any other ATIP before June/2014 and see the difference line by line you may conclude something. You can send me a private msg if you like.

netb2b

Apr 5, 2012
echorael said:
Was the RQ because you were short of the 1095 day? Or Was it because of your frequent travel?? If you the reason is being short of the 1095 then most likely your file will be decided by a judge because CIC are now so strict about the PP. if the frequent travel is the reason then I hope that you will receive your oath any day now. Compare the latest ATIP and any other ATIP before June/2014 and see the difference line by line you may conclude something. You can send me a private msg if you like.
It was because I was short of days, 1015 of presence days days due to minor mistake in the application. RQ was given before test but I appeared in test the same day after RQ.

Below is the extract from ATIP and differences in reports from Feb 2014 and Oct 2014.

Lastest ATIP report
-------------------
NOTES: 1
Created Date: 2014/08/27
Created By: RS8939
Updated by: RS8939
Type: General
Responsible Office: St. Clair CIC
Description: File assigned to EB for review (rs)

Notes 2 & 3 contains general info that client contacted CIC.

LATEST ATIP REPORT
------------------------
NOTES: 4
Created Date: 2014/05/16
Created By: SF8673
Updated by: RSF8673
Description: File held for further review/analysis

IN ATIP REPORT FEB 2014
-----------------------------
SUB-ACTIVITIES:
TYPE: JUDGE'S DECISION

IN ATIP REPORT OCT 2014
------------------------------
SUB-ACTIVITIES:
TYPE: PS/JUDGE'S DECISION

(Please note the addition of PS in latest report)

In both ATIP reports
-----------------------
SUB-ACTIVITIES: 2
Type: Official'/Grantor's decision
Created and updated date is of 2011

meeru

Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent my 2nd rq batch of documents in august, still yet to hear anything. Been an applicant since Nov. 2009. :). Hang in there... Coz' I am! :'(

APPLICATION RECEIVED NOV. 2009
PROCESSING SEPT. 2010
FILE TRANSFERRED ST. CLAIR OCT 2010
TEST WRITTEN JAN 2011
RQ RECEIVED FEB 2011
RQ INFO SENT MAR 2011
...three years later...
FINGERPRINTING JUN 2014
2nd RQ Request JUL 2014
DOCS RECVD ON AUG 2014..

steeles

May 7, 2014
meeru said:
I sent my 2nd rq batch of documents in august, still yet to hear anything. Been an applicant since Nov. 2009. :). Hang in there... Coz' I am! :'(

APPLICATION RECEIVED NOV. 2009
PROCESSING SEPT. 2010
FILE TRANSFERRED ST. CLAIR OCT 2010
TEST WRITTEN JAN 2011
RQ RECEIVED FEB 2011
RQ INFO SENT MAR 2011
...three years later...
FINGERPRINTING JUN 2014
2nd RQ Request JUL 2014
DOCS RECVD ON AUG 2014..
What???
Applied Nov,2009 and still no Oath letter?
Unbelievable...
I am very sad to hear from you.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Meeru. I am really sorry to hear about your case, I do not understand why they

ask you second time Residence questionnaire did you submit first and did acknowledge

received or did you check by atip report that they have received the resident questionnaire

did you submit on time ?? Please if possible elaborate little bit more on your case

so we will get some experience.

my case is pending since January 2012... no progress.

steeles

May 7, 2014
janoo said:
Meeru. I am really sorry to hear about your case, I do not understand why they

ask you second time Residence questionnaire did you submit first and did acknowledge

received or did you check by atip report that they have received the resident questionnaire

did you submit on time ?? Please if possible elaborate little bit more on your case

so we will get some experience.

my case is pending since January 2012... no progress.

Hi, Janoo
Have you taken citizenship test? or still waiting for the test??

L-Tosh

May 19, 2014
Echorael, I don't think getting a pre or post test RQ will determine the speed at which an application will be treated. Once one gets a RQ (Pr or post test), the waiting game begins and CIC is not bounded by any timeline. I am a good example. I don't mean to scare you but I waited for 64 months before I finally took the oath! The case against me was because I traveled a lot even though the circumstances demanded it and the CIC fully understood the reasons behind such travels, still, my application was took that long to be finalized. My MP, lawyer could not help or influence the processing. I believe you'll get the citizenship, it's a matter of time. You've been patient these long and you should remain patient and not run foul of the law.

netb2b

Apr 5, 2012
Anyone to interpret on the ATIP file contents below???

I got my last ATIP report few days back. How long we should wait for next one to order to see updated contents.

Lastest ATIP report
-------------------
NOTES: 1
Created Date: 2014/08/27
Created By: RS8939
Updated by: RS8939
Description: File assigned to EB for review (rs)

Notes 2 & 3 contains general info that client contacted CIC.

LATEST ATIP REPORT
------------------------
NOTES: 4
Created Date: 2014/05/16
Created By: SF8673
Updated by: RSF8673
Description: File held for further review/analysis

IN ATIP REPORT FEB 2014
-----------------------------
SUB-ACTIVITIES:
TYPE: JUDGE'S DECISION

IN ATIP REPORT OCT 2014
------------------------------
SUB-ACTIVITIES:
TYPE: PS/JUDGE'S DECISION

(Please note the addition of PS in latest report)

In both ATIP reports
-----------------------
SUB-ACTIVITIES: 2
Type: Official'/Grantor's decision
Created and updated date is of 2011

Skyangel

Oct 16, 2014
echorael said:
Hello there,
Are there still RQ applicants from 2011? Is it me alone here? Applied 2011, Test and RQ 2012. Nothing then???? I've ordered many ATIP still nothing. The RQ is still not reviewed. Case still in process. Call center is not helpful they till what I know that the case is still in process. Spoke with MP and they called on my behalf and the same response that wait. Now my processing time is almost 42 months. I am trapped in this miss and CIC is giving priority to new applicants!!!! What a mess and unfairness! Please post if you read and you are still there like me.
Citizenship applied: August 2011
Started processing application: February 2012
Citizenship Test: February 2013
RQ Sent: February 2013 (Same day of citizenship test)
RQ Submitted - Mach 2013

Still the status of my case says In Process. It has been around 38 months now. I guess because I came from a gulf country and fulfilled my residency requirement with just two more days extra (i.e. 1097 days) raised red flags on CIC's side.
Anyhow, I would emphasize on what echorael said. It is a mess and unfairness! People who applied correctly and worked in this country are treated worse than people who didn't stay even 10 days!!. Yes 10 days! I know people who got citizenship and just stayed 10 days after landing then they went back to the Middle East (The gulf). If Canada has exit controls that mess wouldn't happen at all. I think the exit controls would make it clearer for CIC and easier for the applicants, as we don't have to fill those RQs.

netb2b

Apr 5, 2012
Skyangel said:
Citizenship received: August 2011
Started processing application: February 2012
Citizenship Test: February 2013
RQ Sent: February 2013 (Same day of citizenship test)
RQ Submitted - Mach 2013

Still the status of my case says In Process. It has been around 38 months now. I guess because I came from a gulf country and fulfilled my residency requirement with just two more days extra (i.e. 1097 days) raised red flags on CIC's side.
Anyhow, I would emphasize on what echorael said. It is a mess and unfairness! People who applied correctly and worked in this country are treated worse than people who didn't stay even 10 days!!. Yes 10 days! I know people who got citizenship and just stayed 10 days after landing then they went back to the Middle East (The gulf). If Canada has exit controls that mess wouldn't happen at all. I think the exit controls would make it clearer for CIC and easier for the applicants, as we don't have to fill those RQs.
That's absolutely true. I also know people who got Citizenship and didn't stay even for 10 days, all by fraudulent means. Very unfair to those who live here, work here and have strong ties to Canada but still waiting years for Citizenship. This is the system CIC calls as fool proof??????

Arc09

Jun 2, 2014
I belong to this gang as well.
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 20, 2010.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 20, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on May 3, 2011.

Your file was transferred to the St Clair office on June 1, 2011. The St Clair office will contact you if additional information is required. The St Clair office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

We sent you a notice on July 14, 2011 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 9, 2011 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a letter on August 19, 2011. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a letter on December 4, 2013. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

I've contacted my MP..they informed me that my file was sent to an officer on August 2014..It's been two months now let's see what happens. Really hope we are next in line to get it :( Are there people waiting longer than us? Where is your rq sitting? Mine is at St. Clair (or should be).