talhaixlam

Aug 5, 2016
Lahore, Pakistan.
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
IELTS Request
Already done - 7.0 Band DECEMBER 2015
Hello everyone,
My father is on an employer specific work permit which is expiring in april of 2024. When he initially obtained the work permit, his employer provided him with the LMIA to attach with his application, now my father wants to extend his work permit and his employer is willing to extend his contract for two more years, my question is regarding the LMIA's role in the extension of work permit, like, does his employer need to provide him with the new LMIA again so he can extend his work permit or my father can apply without new LMIA as his work position, role and all other factors are going to be the same.

Thank you for your time and consideration in reading this query.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone,
My father is on an employer specific work permit which is expiring in april of 2024. When he initially obtained the work permit, his employer provided him with the LMIA to attach with his application, now my father wants to extend his work permit and his employer is willing to extend his contract for two more years, my question is regarding the LMIA's role in the extension of work permit, like, does his employer need to provide him with the new LMIA again so he can extend his work permit or my father can apply without new LMIA as his work position, role and all other factors are going to be the same.

Thank you for your time and consideration in reading this query.
Read the requirements for extending and it tells him what to do.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/hire-temporary-foreign/extend-permit.html

Reactions: talhaixlam