+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Right Hand Driving in Canada - is it a problem there?

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I am afraid if right hand driving is a problem or difficulty there in Canada. Please post your views on the issue.

Thanks for your time and replies.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's right hand driving in Canada and the USA. That means you drive on the right side of the road. It's not a problem because most of the drivers don't know any other system. It may be a problem for immigrants who come from left-hand driving countries, I don't know about that.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What I mentioned is the vehicles in Canada and USA are LEFT HAND DRIVE ( Driver seat at the left side of the vehicle).
wilson said:
It is left hand drive in Canada and USA.

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nicholas30 said:
It all depends on your driving Skills.
Hi,

I am from India where vehicles run on right side of the road. Indian immitrants may have to go in for some driving training.

nimmiboy

Apr 22, 2005
Riyadh - KSA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
charninder said:
Hi,

I am from India where vehicles run on right side of the road. Indian immitrants may have to go in for some driving training.
I think there should not be a problem. I am from Pakistan and working in KSA and road system here is similar to USA and Canada. Only 2 - 3 days I sit with my friend on next to driving seat to understand the system and since I am driving confidently and independantly without fear.. so I suggest you not to worry about as long as you are driving in India.

Regards

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
charninder said:
Hi,

correction sir, in India vehicles run on left hand side of the road and not right side.

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanjeevindia said:
correction sir, in India vehicles run on left hand side of the road and not right side.
Hi sanjeev,

thanks for understanding and correcting me. I meant left side of the road in my previous post.

pooja82

Oct 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2009
Doc's Request.
05-02-2010
AOR Received.
27-04-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
In Process
Med's Request
22-06-2012 (received 2nd July 2012)
Med's Done....
10-07-2012 (received by CHC London 16th July 2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31st Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
10th Dec 2012
LANDED..........
Sometime in March, April :-)
don't worry............in any case u might have to attend driving classes to get canadian driving licence..........