+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reviews for Centennial college(Toronto) - January'18 Intake.

SumitM

Aug 1, 2017
I had recieved an offer letter from Centennial college in Software Engineering Technology (Jan. Intake).
I researched about the college and got mixed reviews, there were some horrible one's those suggest to look for another college. Could anyone please help me with it.
Please suggest other colleges as well.

kalasharma

Feb 21, 2015
Reviews represents an individual's own perspective. In the nutshell don't expect centennial as Harvard University. Go to any college, complete studies and get pr.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I agree with the previous post you will always find people who were born to moan much like those people on Tripadvisor who pick up on the slightest thing.

Colleges have such a large student population , in most case thousands of students so if things were so bad there would be hundreds of negative views.

In any college you will get tutors that are good or bad but the best way to get an independent view is to look at any college performance tables, will never be course specific but will give a less personal view.

And this might be controversial but whichever college anyone choses international students can be seen simply as a cash flow item . Add to that many , not all ,international students use attendance only as a means to an end , eventual PR and this can influence the bad reviews from people who actually come to study seriously having paid a lot of cash to do so.

Last edited:

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will get job based on your individual skills. Choose a good course and you will be good.

scorpio1641

Apr 12, 2014
Visa Office......
VFS Cebu
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2015 / Med. Furtherance Request: 09-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015 / Furtherance Done: 10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2015
Oh don't believe what you read on the web. Most of the people who write bad reviews are those who have time to moan lol

Centennial is perfectly fine, and there's not much difference between the top colleges in Ontario. What I liked about Centennial is that the professors for the most part are very qualified, and the college has a lot of services to help students get used to the Canadian work environment and business world. And it is because of Centennial that I got my NOC 0 job before I graduated. But of course, no college is perfect ... but for the most part, going to Centennial was a good experience for me.

At the same time, it is up to you to make the most of your studies. Do your best. Don't expect to get a good experience if you don't put in the effort as well. You get what you give!

SumitM

Aug 1, 2017
Oh don't believe what you read on the web. Most of the people who write bad reviews are those who have time to moan lol

Centennial is perfectly fine, and there's not much difference between the top colleges in Ontario. What I liked about Centennial is that the professors for the most part are very qualified, and the college has a lot of services to help students get used to the Canadian work environment and business world. And it is because of Centennial that I got my NOC 0 job before I graduated. But of course, no college is perfect ... but for the most part, going to Centennial was a good experience for me.

At the same time, it is up to you to make the most of your studies. Do your best. Don't expect to get a good experience if you don't put in the effort as well. You get what you give!

Hey scorpio i had a doubt about the course since the co-op course code for software engineering technology is #3419 and non co-op is #3409 i asked by agent to get me the offer letter for 3419 one ,but on the offer letter that i got has 3409 written on it..i asked my agent about it he said co-op is based on grades and gpa if you pass the criteria then you will get co-op ..So since you have passed out from this college only you would know .. wheather this is correct or should I ask for 3419 offer letter from some other agent cause the earlier one won't let me also is it okay to ask for a offer letter in the same college (if you say get the 3419 one)
Please revert back

annysharma

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Hey scorpio i had a doubt about the course since the co-op course code for software engineering technology is #3419 and non co-op is #3409 i asked by agent to get me the offer letter for 3419 one ,but on the offer letter that i got has 3409 written on it..i asked my agent about it he said co-op is based on grades and gpa if you pass the criteria then you will get co-op ..So since you have passed out from this college only you would know .. wheather this is correct or should I ask for 3419 offer letter from some other agent cause the earlier one won't let me also is it okay to ask for a offer letter in the same college (if you say get the 3419 one)
Please revert back
Actually dude the same thing happened with me I applied on my own instead of agent and the same thing i came to knew abt 3419, btw u gonna take the admission there? Or else where have u applied and gonna take admission?

SumitM

Aug 1, 2017
Actually dude the same thing happened with me I applied on my own instead of agent and the same thing i came to knew abt 3419, btw u gonna take the admission there? Or else where have u applied and gonna take admission?
Received my LOA (Offer Letter) but waiting for Seneca. Heard some things about centennial like its not actually in city but about 1 hr. outside Toronto,
Difficulty in getting Part-time jobs, and not being flexible with students or being strict to them. I really can't live in that kind of environment, read some reviews about it. So accordingly i would prefer Seneca over it.

annysharma

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Received my LOA (Offer Letter) but waiting for Seneca. Heard some things about centennial like its not actually in city but about 1 hr. outside Toronto,
Difficulty in getting Part-time jobs, and not being flexible with students or being strict to them. I really can't live in that kind of environment, read some reviews about it. So accordingly i would prefer Seneca over it.
oh well i also do prefer seneca over centennial but seneca taking decades!! i applied on 14th June and nothing!, today spoke to centennial abt the payment they told that reserve the seat ASAP by paying 2300$ if seats filled, program closed, it won't be their's responsibility so asked specifically abt the program we applied for they told pay ASAP, seats are getting filled fast, what abt u? Seneca really gonna take decades and if centennial gone we gonna be in trouble, what u think?

SumitM

Aug 1, 2017
oh well i also do prefer seneca over centennial but seneca taking decades!! i applied on 14th June and nothing!, today spoke to centennial abt the payment they told that reserve the seat ASAP by paying 2300$ if seats filled, program closed, it won't be their's responsibility so asked specifically abt the program we applied for they told pay ASAP, seats are getting filled fast, what abt u? Seneca really gonna take decades and if centennial gone we gonna be in trouble, what u think?
What is the deadline for fees payment for centennial on your offer letter, Mine says 13th October. So i think our seats are reserved till the deadline right?

annysharma

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
What is the deadline for fees payment for centennial on your offer letter, Mine says 13th October. So i think our seats are reserved till the deadline right?
on mine letter too it's 13th October but try to understand dude, they do have written that of to pay the 2300$ deposit in-order to reserve the seat, right, they've clearly stated that and i spoke with them today that of to pay the deposit in order to reserve the seat, otherwise if others who are sure who is willing to go to centennial (not like of us waiting for Seneca) they would be in the process to file the visa earliest and those people would reserve and even pay the entire fees and process the visa, right? They'll take the admission and program gets closed! and it's a month i'm holding this letter.. and also one of my friends who last year went there, he's SFU, he had applied to GBC and was waiting for SFU, the same happened like of Seneca and centennial in our case... at that time GBC told him to reserve seat at earliest and he waited for SFU, unfortunately before the deadline his seat was withdrawn, but luckily he got at SFU!, the same is the case, now got me?

SumitM

Aug 1, 2017
on mine letter too it's 13th October but try to understand dude, they do have written that of to pay the 2300$ deposit in-order to reserve the seat, right, they've clearly stated that and i spoke with them today that of to pay the deposit in order to reserve the seat, otherwise if others who are sure who is willing to go to centennial (not like of us waiting for Seneca) they would be in the process to file the visa earliest and those people would reserve and even pay the entire fees and process the visa, right? They'll take the admission and program gets closed! and it's a month i'm holding this letter.. and also one of my friends who last year went there, he's SFU, he had applied to GBC and was waiting for SFU, the same happened like of Seneca and centennial in our case... at that time GBC told him to reserve seat at earliest and he waited for SFU, unfortunately before the deadline his seat was withdrawn, but luckily he got at SFU!, the same is the case, now got me?
You might be right, but let me quote from my offer letter
"you must include your confirmation deposit of $2300 by the Registration Deposit Deadline listed above in the box."
And the box says Deadline is 13th October.
But I will contact my Agent tomorrow and get it clear if that you say is possible or not. But to be on the safe-side I also applied for Georgian College which I will be receiving my offer letter by next week.

annysharma

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
You might be right, but let me quote from my offer letter
"you must include your confirmation deposit of $2300 by the Registration Deposit Deadline listed above in the box."
And the box says Deadline is 13th October.
But I will contact my Agent tomorrow and get it clear if that you say is possible or not. But to be on the safe-side I also applied for Georgian College which I will be receiving my offer letter by next week.
Ok well ask your agent, I too would ask and yeah in my letter also it's quoted that "To hold your place until the fees due date, you 'must' include your confirmation deposit of 2300$ by registration deadline", Once your deposit is paid you should make arrangements to pay the balance of ur tuition fees", And btw from where ur?

annysharma

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Asked my agent he told centennial is not good at all compared to others, it's a C grade college, Humber, Seneca, Sheridan, GBC, Mohawk fall under A grade, Have at Seneca, Mohawk no response, Agent tells to apply at B grade, they are quite fast and also C grade would be some difficulties in visa as well so He insisted to apply to Fanshawe and Conestoge, and he applied the same and would receive LoA within 20 days, so he told that to forget centennial it's not good as also they offered the acceptance quicker within a week whereas others taking 70 days! and no update till now, so would wait for fanshawe and conestoga if Seneca still don' respond and then proceed for Visa, It'll gate late then, what ur agent says?

SumitM

Aug 1, 2017
Asked my agent he told centennial is not good at all compared to others, it's a C grade college, Humber, Seneca, Sheridan, GBC, Mohawk fall under A grade, Have at Seneca, Mohawk no response, Agent tells to apply at B grade, they are quite fast and also C grade would be some difficulties in visa as well so He insisted to apply to Fanshawe and Conestoge, and he applied the same and would receive LoA within 20 days, so he told that to forget centennial it's not good as also they offered the acceptance quicker within a week whereas others taking 70 days! and no update till now, so would wait for fanshawe and conestoga if Seneca still don' respond and then proceed for Visa, It'll gate late then, what ur agent says?
Yes, Centennial is also my last most option if nothing seems to get arranged. My agent told that there is no need to worry about centennial and those people you contacted are creating a FUD to get more confirmed admission as possible. He told me collect as many LOA as I want and we will decide at end of September, which to proceed with. Yes you are absolutely right about Grade A colleges, out of which Seneca I had applied and GBC has been closed for the course (CPA) I am interested, but still my agent told that if any seats open due to cancellation we will apply. I have applied in Georgian College as you say might come in Grade B, from which I will be receiving LOA in next 10 days or so.
tbh I was relaxed thinking I would get LOA from Seneca, but after looking towards you who have applied way before me and still hustling to be on safer side I also applied for Fanshawe and Mohawk today. My agent also told that delay reaching LOA is also because prob. because colleges have not started rolling out LOA for Jan yet.
So I will wait till September end and finalize the decision.