Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
Sorry to make another thread so soon but we just recently found out that you can actually apply for a visa extension for outland as well as inland applications, previously we were under the impression that only inland people could apply for this. =\ But we have a few questions regarding it and are hoping for a bit of advice.

My visitor visa expired in June and I know I have up to 90 days to apply for the restoration of my status but here are our questions:

1- What are the chances of it being approved since I'm past my welcome stay?
2- If it is approved, exactly how long is it extended for? 6 months? Or less?
3- I know I can check off both restoring status and visitor extension, should I check one or the other, or just both? I've heard stories where someone has checked both and ended up paying for both even if it's denied. Which one should I do?

Any advice is greatly appreciated as we just want to do the right thing and not end up hurting or delaying our application. We are sending it off next week and we just want to be together for at least part of the long waiting period. Thank you.

Borntowin

Aug 4, 2011
Jai Hind
Category........
Visa Office......
Capital Of India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 APR 2011
Doc's Request.
16 JUN 2011 & 04 AUG 2011
AOR Received.
10 MAY 2011
File Transfer...
21 MAY 2011
Med's Request
01 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
15 FEB 2012
Interview........
15 MAY 2012 (SECURITY INTERVIEW)
Passport Req..
04 JUL 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 MAY 2012
LANDED..........
BY ALMIGHTY GRACE ; LANDED GTA SAFELY ON 18 MAY 2012 ! Recvd PR Card on 17 July.
Kindly check this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5551ETOC.asp#overview

Good luck,

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
Shylox said:
1- What are the chances of it being approved since I'm past my welcome stay?
2- If it is approved, exactly how long is it extended for? 6 months? Or less?
3- I know I can check off both restoring status and visitor extension, should I check one or the other, or just both? I've heard stories where someone has checked both and ended up paying for both even if it's denied. Which one should I do?
Ok correct me if I'm wrong anyone... but from what I understand they can not hold it against you that you are out of status tho you should restore your status ASAP cus you do hafta be in status in order to get final approval... the length of time could be 6 more months a year maybe a little longer like, you know it's gonna take 14 months to process you could write a letter explaining you would like to have X amount of time because your PR app is in process and send copies of the paid fees, I dunno how far into the process you are maybe you have an AOR or approval send copies if you do, if not sent get it out and send confirmation it has been delivered. I would go with restoring status cus as of right now you are out of status the extension would be if you were still in status then you would get implied status least thats what I see as the difference ::)