+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Restoration processing time as visitor

MR242013

Dec 2, 2016
Hi,

I have applied for my restoration as visitor on 17th February. I haven't receive anything so far. Does anybody has similar timeline for restoration as visitor. Please share yours timeline.
Thanks

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi. What is the difference between restoration and extending TRV? Let me know please. I have applied today to renew my TRV which expired back in March 31st. But I used extension only. And also, it takes 7 days or 68 days? Let me know please!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Restoration is what you have to apply for if you are in Canada, your status in Canada has expired and you didn't apply to extend your status in Canada before your status expired.

If you are in Canada and your status expired March 31st, then your extension application is going to be refused. You don't qualify for an extension. You have to apply to restore your status since you're out of status in Canada.

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi

So If they cancel it does it mean I have to pay again or just change it?

macIndia

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
L-7.5, R- 7, S-7,W-7
IRCC would either reject your application as incomplete (no restoration fee included) OR ask you to pay the restoration fee, and then process your application further.

macIndia

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
L-7.5, R- 7, S-7,W-7
When ever they get to your application. As of now, they are working on application received on Jan 29 as per IRCC processing time http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp .

Ideal thing for you to do is either amend the application, and include restoration fee with explanation or withdraw this application and make restoration application, as you don't much time. By the time they get to your application, you would be way past 90 day restoration period.

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
macIndia said:
When ever they get to your application. As of now, they are working on application received on Jan 29 as per IRCC processing time http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp .

Ideal thing for you to do is either amend the application, and include restoration fee with explanation or withdraw this application and make restoration application, as you don't much time. By the time they get to your application, you would be way past 90 day restoration period.
Hi

According to the website it says it take 7 business days and last updated on 14th April 2017. So they are working on applications received on April 14th not Jan 29th.

macIndia

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
L-7.5, R- 7, S-7,W-7
Check with IRCC. On CIC website, it has separate dropdown for "Visitor Visa Extension". If you already held Visitor Visa, and applied to extend it, I assume you would fall in this category.

Better to check with IRCC (call them) before it gets too late.

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
macIndia said:
Check with IRCC. On CIC website, it has separate dropdown for "Visitor Visa Extension". If you already held Visitor Visa, and applied to extend it, I assume you would fall in this category.

Better to check with IRCC (call them) before it gets too late.
Hi. I have already extended my Visitor visa 3 times before and it is always Visitor Visa (In Canada) not the extension.

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
sababx said:
Hi. I have already extended my Visitor visa 3 times before and it is always Visitor Visa (In Canada) not the extension.

Thanks
This thread is about Restoration of Status as a visitor, i.e. a person who is in Canada illegally and has applied to restore their legal status. You have a valid PGWP and have applied for a new TRV; your situation has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
canuck_in_uk said:
This thread is about Restoration of Status as a visitor, i.e. a person who is in Canada illegally and has applied to restore their legal status. You have a valid PGWP and have applied for a new TRV; your situation has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.
I was just trying to ask few questions!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
sababx said:
I was just trying to ask few questions!
And by asking your questions on a thread that has nothing to do with your situation, you are receiving wrong information.

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
canuck_in_uk said:
And by asking your questions on a thread that has nothing to do with your situation, you are receiving wrong information.
Ok sounds good. Thanks!

wafatauseef

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
saskatchewan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
AOR Received.
13-12-2016
Passport Req..
waiiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi,

I have applied for my restoration as visitor on 17th February. I haven't receive anything so far. Does anybody has similar timeline for restoration as visitor. Please share yours timeline.
Thanks
Hi, how long did it take for you restoration to process?