+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Response from IRCC and High Commission of Canada for passport renewal after CoPR

PratikD

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hi,

I was looking to renew my passport after receiving CoPR.

I contacted IRCC, CIC and High Commission of Canada in India, asking if it is allowed to travel on both the passports and current CoPR after renewal?

These were the responses -

IRCC- "Hi. Yes you can travel. A valid CoPR and PR visa inside an expired document are considered valid. Make sure you have both your old passport with the valid CoPR and PR visa and your new passport with you when travelling to Canada."

IRCC Twitter
- "Hi. If you renew your passport, make sure to carry both your valid CoPR in your old passport and your new passport with you when you arrive in Canada. Hope this helps."

High Commission of Canada in India
- "Please be advised that if you decide to you renew your passport before your travel to Canada, please send your original (old an new) passports and original COPR with photograph to our office through VFS.
Also please pay document replacement fee CAD $30 online and send the receipt by EMAIL."

Whom should I listen to now?

Thank you!

sonamsharma

Oct 3, 2019
Hi

i am stuck on same issue .Can you help me out? how to contact IRCC, CIC and High Commission of Canada in India and how did you actually solved this prob?