+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Residency obligation of a sponsor

BA12

Jan 17, 2024
Hi,
I am a Canadian PR but I have been in India for a long time. My husband is on H1 B visa in USA. I want to apply for his PR through family class sponsorship. I am travelling to canada and will stay there for some time. I have not completed my residency obligation as a PR, can I still sponsor my husband and apply for his PR application. Please suggest

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
I am a Canadian PR but I have been in India for a long time. My husband is on H1 B visa in USA. I want to apply for his PR through family class sponsorship. I am travelling to canada and will stay there for some time. I have not completed my residency obligation as a PR, can I still sponsor my husband and apply for his PR application. Please suggest
You don’t want to submit sponsorship application until you meet RO.

BA12

Jan 17, 2024
Also, since it will be an Outland application, I will have to be in canada till I get the result right? I can’t go back to India after completing RO

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Also, since it will be an Outland application, I will have to be in canada till I get the result right? I can’t go back to India after completing RO
You want to stay in Canada until it is processed. You don’t want to apply and leave immediately or it may be cancelled. Short week or two long visits are okay.