+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RESIDENCE QUESTIONNAIRE

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eileenf said:
As I said above, OB 476 and the RQ form itself say 45 business days.
The cover letter is a typo. It's ridiculous, and disrespectful, that they're still sending it out.
I may be mistaken about this! OB 476 has been superseded by OB 476B. OB 476B states 45 calendar days. So, it's best to send what you can in 45 calendar days and include a list of any documents which you will send at a later date. Apologies for the error.

apks

May 11, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2012
AOR Received.
26-04-2012
File Transfer...
26-04-2012
Passport Req..
14-05-2012(in process 18jun2012)
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made09-Jul-2012
I appeared for my citizenship test of Feb 14th at Scarborough town centre. I passed the test but yesterday in the mail they sent me RQ, which doesnot make any sense to me because my total number of stay was around 1400 days.
My question is I have applied for my parents sponsorship and it is at its last stage. Would it effect there immigration file as well.

Any replies would be appreciated.

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
apks said:
I appeared for my citizenship test of Feb 14th at Scarborough town centre. I passed the test but yesterday in the mail they sent me RQ, which doesnot make any sense to me because my total number of stay was around 1400 days.
My question is I have applied for my parents sponsorship and it is at its last stage. Would it effect there immigration file as well.

Any replies would be appreciated.
Did you have any passports stamps not in English ? or did you forgot to take any documents to the test ?

apks

May 11, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2012
AOR Received.
26-04-2012
File Transfer...
26-04-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made09-Jul-2012
Most of the stamps are to US and all in English. I did not forget anything at the test. The interview lady was rude..She just saw so many stamps to the US and told me that we have to do a further enquiry... and yesterday I got RQ in mail.

IBMER

Dec 14, 2009
luisanna said:
Hi,

I took my citizenship test Nov 4, 2013 and on the same day they game me a residence questionnaire. i already Sent all my documents and the questionnaire back to them and they got it Dec16. Do you know how long it will take for them to process and update it?

Thanks!
May I know what your test center was?

apks

May 11, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2012
AOR Received.
26-04-2012
File Transfer...
26-04-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made09-Jul-2012
scarborough town center

ZYXWVU98

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
apks, you are in the long line as a lot of us do. forget you can become Canadian citizen for at least another year.

jell9050

Jan 18, 2014
Hi Apks, Its sad to hear that. Do you know if you have received the new RQ(09-2013)?If yes, would it be possible to share the form?

apks

May 11, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2012
AOR Received.
26-04-2012
File Transfer...
26-04-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made09-Jul-2012
at the bottom of my form it says CIT 0171(09-2012)E.. So I dont think so that it is RQ(09-2013)

Can anyone please help me out and let me know wherever it has mentioned on the form about arrival date should I be putting the day which I first came to Canada as a student in 2006 or arrival date should be the last four years from the date I applied citizenship.

Also they have filled out the column with the pen on top of the from and mentioned the starting date as jul 2009 and ending date as jul 2013..So should I be considering 2009 jul as my arrival date?

simplyproductive

Star Member
Dec 17, 2012
apks said:
at the bottom of my form it says CIT 0171(09-2012)E.. So I dont think so that it is RQ(09-2013)

Can anyone please help me out and let me know wherever it has mentioned on the form about arrival date should I be putting the day which I first came to Canada as a student in 2006 or arrival date should be the last four years from the date I applied citizenship.

Also they have filled out the column with the pen on top of the from and mentioned the starting date as jul 2009 and ending date as jul 2013..So should I be considering 2009 jul as my arrival date?
apks
Sorry to hear that you got RQ I believe we knew the rude lady you are talking about. Same day my wife interviewed with different lady and after 7 days she got oath notice. How you explain this, my wife never work in her life, 6 trips in last 4 years. It took her only 5 months to get the citizenship.
1. My experience says parent's sponsorship nothing to do with this.
2..Jul 2009- July 2013 considering for your 4 years ,but work and residency they ask for since your arrival mean 2006( My friends RQ interview) attached as much documents as you can, with medical billing record,CBSA report,T4 if you have . Finally no worry you are not alone.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simplyproductive said:
Same day my wife interviewed with different lady and after 7 days she got oath notice. How you explain this, my wife never work in her life, 6 trips in last 4 years. It took her only 5 months to get the citizenship.
It's true that there are a lot of mysteries regarding processing times, but of course citizenship and processing times aren't dependent on how much money someone makes or how much taxes they pay personally. Stay at home parents also deserve the right to vote, respect, speedy processing etc.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Those who went for the test -

Did CIC accept expired passport? I don't have new passport yet. But my PR card didn't expire.

Is there any problem if I take expired passport with me though I haven't received the test date.

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scorpion_ca said:
Those who went for the test -

Did CIC accept expired passport? I don't have new passport yet. But my PR card didn't expire.

Is there any problem if I take expired passport with me though I haven't received the test date.
No problems if your passport is expired. Just let them know you've applied for a renewal passport. All they care about is the passport that you've used to travel so that they can verify travel (entry/exit stamps).

jjsafe

Mar 1, 2014
I just got an RQ and I was confused by the questions 10 and 11. Some people mentioned that question 10 of the old RQ form indicates "Where have all of your family members (e.g. spouse, common-law partner, children, mother, father, brothers and sisters) lived since your arrival date in Canada?" However, the red part in the new form I've got is replaced by "during your relevant period". And I assume that the relevant 4 years has included almost 6 months when I was in my original country, where let's assume it's India.

Now there are two questions,
In question 10, do I need to put every family member who came to Canada with me in two rows where row one specifies 6 months in India and the second row specifies 3.5 years in Canada?

The second question is, in question 11, "During your relevant period, for each family member of your immediate family (eg,....) provide legal citizenship/immigration status in the country they reside. Please include status in Canada. (if no status, put N/A)"

The columns are
"Name", "Status in country where they reside", "Date status obtained outside Canada", "Status in Canada", "Date status obtained in Canada"

Now, if my assumption for question 10 is true where I need to specify each member in two rows, how do I answer question 11?
Since there is no country of residence in table 11, how do I inform which country is each member resided?
Is it something like this?

wife's name, India citizen, her birthday(she was born as an Indian citizen), N/A, N/A
wife's name again, N/A, N/A, Canadian PR, landing date
first child's name, India citizen, his birthday, N/A, N/A
first child's name again, N/A, N/A, Canadian PR, landing date

No matter how I put it, it just makes no sense to me.
Could anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

fasnoon

Jul 31, 2007
I am still a bit confused... If you have a moment, can someone please respond in detail?

I live in Mississauga (ON), and I had sent my application in Feb 2013 and also got the AOR later. A few months later, by approx. July I got an RQ (version... 09-2012). Although I had a 45-day deadline, I sent all the requested materials within 5-10 days of getting the RQ letter. The RQ cover letter had a return address in Mississauga, so I sent everything there as there was no other address mentioned. Does that mean my file has been (or is going to be) transferred here to Mississauga, my city of residence? If so what does that mean?

Also, I checked my application status (after 1 full year, in FEB 2014) and it just says IN PROCESS. It does not give me any update of CIC getting my RQ documents... I assume the courier package I sent has arrived where it was suppose to go, especially as I did not get a reminder asking for the required RQ documents... Can anyone please tell me if I sent it to the right place?

I know the RQ applicants are non-routine and have to wait longer, but then I read somewhere on this forum about RQ applicants who got a RQ after me later in 2013... but are now taking the test in early 2014. Is this normal, or is it a rare case depending on the version of the RQ an applicant receives. Typically, when a file is sent to the local address, how much longer does it take as opposed to a file that is still sitting in Sydney (NS)?