Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
3 trips is not a lot. But 30 days for each one is a fairly long length of time. Where did you go? If you went to go visit family or something back home, I think it will be ok.

nakash

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
LANDED..........
<Waiting>
Yes. 3 family visits to India (1 month each), one of which was for my wedding.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
nakash said:
Yes. 3 family visits to India (1 month each), one of which was for my wedding.
I'd say that it is fine since you had good reasons for your visits. Especially your wedding.

luisanna

Star Member
Mar 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2012 (date CPC-M received application)
AOR Received.
14-06-2012
File Transfer...
28-06-2012 CEM RCVD 7-9-12
Med's Done....
10-03-2012
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
08-30-2012
Hi,

I took my citizenship test Nov 4, 2013 and on the same day they game me a residence questionnaire. i already Sent all my documents and the questionnaire back to them and they got it Dec16. Do you know how long it will take for them to process and update it?

Thanks!

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
luisanna said:
Hi,

I took my citizenship test Nov 4, 2013 and on the same day they game me a residence questionnaire. i already Sent all my documents and the questionnaire back to them and they got it Dec16. Do you know how long it will take for them to process and update it?

Thanks!
Msafiri wrote a great post explaining the RQ process.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/residence-questionnaire-t103394.0.html;msg2722580#msg2722580

Unfortunately a post test RQ seems to be one of the more complicated ones in terms of processing time. Some people have been delayed years :(

couzin

Feb 7, 2010
diniga said:
Hi couzin,

Don't worry about RQ for renewing your driver license, I think that the C1 trigger for RQ has been removed from RQ triggers.
I find this info on the website wordpress.
thanks for your answer diniga;
but i cant find on wordpress website, that the C1 trigger was removed.
can you post a link please :)

diniga

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
couzin said:
thanks for your answer diniga;
but i cant find on wordpress website, that the C1 trigger was removed.
can you post a link please :)
Hi couzin,
Here is the link

http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/atip-releases/

but there is also another document which shows emails communication between CIC employees. you can find it on wordpress.
I was not able to find now but I will when I have some time.
thanks

couzin

Feb 7, 2010
diniga said:
Hi couzin,
Here is the link

but there is also another document which shows emails communication between CIC employees. you can find it on wordpress.
I was not able to find now but I will when I have some time.
thanks
thank you very much diniga for your answer,
i checked the link, but what i found confirm for me that i m going to get an RQ, that s what i foud on page 9 on the link:

b.
Question: if only one document issued within 3 months of the application triggers an RQ, the type of documents matter? For exemple, if it s a driver licence that was issued within 3 months of the application , would this trigger an RQ, even, for exemple, if it were just a renewal of a previous driver licence?
Answer: Yes, this scenario would trigger an RQ

Sometimes i don't understand very good English (i speak French)!!!

any way i don't understand why CIC aren't clear from the beginning, so when we apply for citizenship they should advise us to send documents witch aren't issued in the last 3 months, so they save our time & there time:

Why they don't ask all of us for all the copies of all the pages of passport used during the 4 last years? (So they can see our travels)
Copies of all IDs used during the last 4 years?

my problem with this RQ, is that if i got one, it will be hard for me to provide proofs since arrival, i arrived in Montreal 2002 as international student, i finished my studies in 2005, than i left to work in home country, after i come back as PR in 2010.

I don't have any more my first passport i used in 2002, and i don't remember some travels dates between 2002 & 2005.
So, i ll be stuck with question 7 on the RQ_2012
BUT, i do have the passport for the last 5 years with my residence visa on it, till now i didn't left Canada for 1 day since my arrival in 2010...but i don't know how the CIC will react...

I'm asking (may be too much about the CIT 0171_10-2013), because i heard that this form ask for just the last 4 years before application, that will be helpful for my case (i have all the proof sice i become PR), so i don't have to provide documentation & information for 12 YEARS OGO...

Good luck all...

diniga

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
couzin said:
thank you very much diniga for your answer,
i checked the link, but what i found confirm for me that i m going to get an RQ, that s what i foud on page 9 on the link:

b.
Question: if only one document issued within 3 months of the application triggers an RQ, the type of documents matter? For exemple, if it s a driver licence that was issued within 3 months of the application , would this trigger an RQ, even, for exemple, if it were just a renewal of a previous driver licence?
Answer: Yes, this scenario would trigger an RQ

Sometimes i don't understand very good English (i speak French)!!!

any way i don't understand why CIC aren't clear from the beginning, so when we apply for citizenship they should advise us to send documents witch aren't issued in the last 3 months, so they save our time & there time:

Why they don't ask all of us for all the copies of all the pages of passport used during the 4 last years? (So they can see our travels)
Copies of all IDs used during the last 4 years?

my problem with this RQ, is that if i got one, it will be hard for me to provide proofs since arrival, i arrived in Montreal 2002 as international student, i finished my studies in 2005, than i left to work in home country, after i come back as PR in 2010.

I don't have any more my first passport i used in 2002, and i don't remember some travels dates between 2002 & 2005.
So, i ll be stuck with question 7 on the RQ_2012
BUT, i do have the passport for the last 5 years with my residence visa on it, till now i didn't left Canada for 1 day since my arrival in 2010...but i don't know how the CIC will react...

I'm asking (may be too much about the CIT 0171_10-2013), because i heard that this form ask for just the last 4 years before application, that will be helpful for my case (i have all the proof sice i become PR), so i don't have to provide documentation & information for 12 YEARS OGO...

Good luck all...
Hi couzin,
First and foremost, you will be asked to provide information for the last 4 years and not from the beginning.
And the part that you have read is the email communication between CIC agents. But the result is that they removed the C1 trigger for RQ.
I think your case is good. you have the passport that cover the 4 years period and you didnt traveled. Nice and nothing to worry about.
the physical residence is the presence in Canada for the 3 years within the last 4 years. Which means between januray 2010 and january 2014, you should be present 1095 days (3 years). And you are filling this requirement easily.
Good luck

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bonjour Couzin,
Je ne peux pas trouver le document qui indique que C1 n'applique plus (c'est mon site, mais j'ai pas le temps pour le trouver...)
MAIS- il ya beaucoup d'exemples des demandeurs recentes qui ne recevoir pas le QR en dépit de la renouvelement des documents pendant les 3 mois précédents (KingoftheRings, OKK, etc.) Ainsi, ça m'apparait que maintenant C1 n'est pas un problème pour les demandeurs.

Also, are you sure your previous passport is gone completely? Is there any possibility that you could find it? It's a really good idea to bring all old passports to the test/interview, especially if you lived in Canada during the time period covered by the old passport.

Reportedly CIT 0171 10-2013 (I'm still looking for a copy tout-le-monde!!! SVP me contactez!) only asks for documents covering the 4 year qualifying period. But, the CIC or citizenship judge can ask for more documents beyond the 4 year period at a later date if they believe it would be helpful in assessing ties to Canada.

redstone

Apr 6, 2013
if i use pr card & passport as proof of id, should i provide 2 sets of pr/passport copy,,1 for required doc & another for proof of id??? or just 1 copy is good

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think one copy should be good.

redstone said:
if i use pr card & passport as proof of id, should i provide 2 sets of pr/passport copy,,1 for required doc & another for proof of id??? or just 1 copy is good