+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reschedule the citizenship exam or miss it. Which is better ?

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's individual's choice when or how quickly one need to be a citizen. Priority sets course of action... If a person find himself in a position where current task/assignments are more important than obtaining Canadian citizenship, should act accordingly. Every individual's situation is unique and priority is different. One should do whatever is right as per circumstances.

Canadian citizenship is not end of life.. There is 100s of issues come across in a person's daily life.. If a PR lives in Canada and meets the eligibility, no matter what will be a Citizen one day if wish too..

IBMER

Dec 14, 2009
What made me wonder is how impolite people are with a poster when they can cloak under the anonymity of the internet. No person other than the original poster can assess his / her situation correctly and no one other than himself / herself can decide what to be prioritized. We're here to try to make others' life better, if we could. I wish people spare keyboard strokes if they have to take lessons on politeness! (Yes, I tried to be as polite as I can!). Peace!!

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
oceankairouan said:
If you do not attend the test, you must contact the Call Centre within 60 days of the test date. Tell us why you did not attend the test. We will schedule your test on a different date if you have a valid reason. If you do not contact CIC within 60 days after missing the test, we will close your application. You will have to apply for citizenship again.

This situation applies to both the first time you write the citizenship test and the re-test if you failed the written test the first time.
They key phrase is "if you have a valid reason". CIC accepted your first reason (family illness). Your second reason (internship), it is unlikely they will accept it.