+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for RPRF payment - Ottawa or Mississauga???? HELP!

katniss

Sep 15, 2011
Hello all,

My spouse and I received the request to make the RPRF payment a couple of days ago. Turns out our wonderful lawyer "forgot" to mention that the RPRF (Right to Permanent Residence Fee) could have been paid soon after we received a UCI, thus saving us anywhere from 1-2 months. But I guess there's nothing we can do about that now; besides, we should have thought to look into that ourselves instead of trusting that our counsel would let us know of all available ways to cut down the time!!

Anyway, now I want to clarify something before there are any more potential screw-ups that could cause further delays. Our file is being processed at the Ottawa office (they are also the ones who sent us the RPRF payment request). I have read elsewhere on this forum and the internet that ALL Family Class RPRF payments must be made to the Mississauga office, who will then forward it to the respective visa office.

My question is - because Ottawa is technically within Canada, does that mean we can send the payment to them directly? Is there even a way to select such an option? Is online payment the best method then, or is another method better?

Anyone who has had any experience with this - PLEASE HELP!!!!! We want to make this payment ASAP and avoid further issues.

(On a side note - anyone going through Ottawa who received the RPRF request in the last couple of months - how long after making the payment did you get the passport request? My apologies if there's a timeline about this on the forum that I have missed. )

Thank you very much in anticipation!!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
katniss said:
My spouse and I received the request to make the RPRF payment a couple of days ago. Turns out our wonderful lawyer "forgot" to mention that the RPRF (Right to Permanent Residence Fee) could have been paid soon after we received a UCI,
Hi

Your lawyer isn't very smart because even that is wrong. You don't need a UCI to pay the RPRF. In fact, the sponsor guide even "strongly recommends" paying it along with the processing fees before submitting your app.

Pay it online and they will send you a receipt. Email or fax a copy of that receipt to both Mississauga and Ottawa, as Mississauga will need to confirm the payment to Ottawa. A lot of people also mail a physical copy to Mississauga.

wella13

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 07, 2013
AOR Received.
June 29, 2013
File Transfer...
SA july 11,2013/apps forwarded to cem from cic Aug 02,2014/ jan10 2014 in proces. Dm march 19, 2014
Med's Done....
April 03,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 25,2013(December 23,2013 sent PP)December 24,2013 CEM received
VISA ISSUED...
March 17, 2014
LANDED..........
April 04, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

Your lawyer isn't very smart because even that is wrong. You don't need a UCI to pay the RPRF. In fact, the sponsor guide even "strongly recommends" paying it along with the processing fees before submitting your app.

Pay it online and they will send you a receipt. Email or fax a copy of that receipt to both Mississauga and Ottawa, as Mississauga will need to confirm the payment to Ottawa. A lot of people also mail a physical copy to Mississauga.
what if payment for RPRF does not pay online,it is through bank.Do u know where to send the receipt? Is this the address where my sponsor could send the receipt of RPRF (payment)?.. Plese help me to..

Case Processing Centre ─ Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, Ontario
L5A 4N6

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
wella13 said:
what if payment for RPRF does not pay online,it is through bank.Do u know where to send the receipt? Is this the address where my sponsor could send the receipt of RPRF (payment)?.. Plese help me to..

P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, Ontario
L5A 4N6
No, that is not the correct address. It's listed here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/mississauga.asp

wella13

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 07, 2013
AOR Received.
June 29, 2013
File Transfer...
SA july 11,2013/apps forwarded to cem from cic Aug 02,2014/ jan10 2014 in proces. Dm march 19, 2014
Med's Done....
April 03,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
March 17, 2014
LANDED..........
April 04, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
No, that is not the correct address. It's listed here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/mississauga.asp
Thanks so much canuck_in _uk..

katniss

Sep 15, 2011
Thanks very much canuck.... even after causing this delay, the lawyer is now insisting they have never before sent copies of the receipt to both offices simultaneously... aaarrgghh... and here I thought lawyers were meant to help smooth out the process, not add to our woes!!

Anyway I will be putting my foot down on this issue. Just because they have never done this before does not mean they can't do it now ;)

Thanks again! :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
katniss said:
Thanks very much canuck.... even after causing this delay, the lawyer is now insisting they have never before sent copies of the receipt to both offices simultaneously... aaarrgghh... and here I thought lawyers were meant to help smooth out the process, not add to our woes!!

Anyway I will be putting my foot down on this issue. Just because they have never done this before does not mean they can't do it now ;)

Thanks again! :)
Unfortunately, there have been quite a few people on here who have had issues when using a lawyer. That's why we usually advise people to only use a lawyer if they have complications, such as inadmissibility, a previously refused refugee case, very little English etc.

Definitely be firm with them, as you are paying them a hefty fee to perform this service for you!

wella13

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 07, 2013
AOR Received.
June 29, 2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 03,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
March 17, 2014
LANDED..........
April 04, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
hubby paid the RPRF today and the adress was

P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, Ontario
L5A 4N6

According to hubby when he called the CIC call center he asked the adress and this adress above was given to him.. How come in that site above the adress is diferent,, I am confused now..

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
wella13 said:
hubby paid the RPRF today and the adress was

P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, Ontario
L5A 4N6

According to hubby when he called the CIC call center he asked the adress and this adress above was given to him.. How come in that site above the adress is diferent,, I am confused now..
The call centre staff are not well-trained. If you've sent the receipt to that address above, then you need to send another copy to the proper address listed on the site I posted.

semlay

Jan 13, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 27 2012
Nomination.....
DNA request-done march 2012
AOR Received.
October 20 2012
Med's Request
June 6 2013
Interview........
Waived
When do they ask for PPR?
June 6th Singapore ask me for RPRV and re-medical
Thanks and lets talk

wella13

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 07, 2013
AOR Received.
June 29, 2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 03,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
March 17, 2014
LANDED..........
April 04, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
The call centre staff are not well-trained. If you've sent the receipt to that address above, then you need to send another copy to the proper address listed on the site I posted.
ah see... so I will just wait for the update.. I already told hubby ..he already sent the receipt to that address above... He said we will just wait we dont have any idea. will they email us once they already receive it?

adeolu

Jun 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2013
LANDED..........
19/07/2013
wella13 said:
according to what i also read from this forum you could pay the RPRF even they dont request us to pay (to avoid delay), so when hubby got approved as a sponsor he then paid the rprf ,,, he paid it yesterday..
This was what I did also. I made the payment before they ask for it which I believed saved me extra months of delay. The only difference was I scanned and e-mail the receipt to both Ottawa and Mississauga so the original I kept in case they claim not to get it.

wella13

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 07, 2013
AOR Received.
June 29, 2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 03,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
March 17, 2014
LANDED..........
April 04, 2014
adeolu said:
This was what I did also. I made the payment before they ask for it which I believed saved me extra months of delay. The only difference was I scanned and e-mail the receipt to both Ottawa and Mississauga so the original I kept in case they claim not to get it.
huh... oh my my...my hubby paid it through the bank, then sent the receipt,, how did they contact you? did they email you?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
wella13 said:
ah see... so I will just wait for the update.. I already told hubby ..he already sent the receipt to that address above... He said we will just wait we dont have any idea. will they email us once they already receive it?
Don't know, sorry. You might need to chase it up with them in a month or so to make sure they have it.