+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request for Photos

Midland2017

Apr 29, 2016
Midland2017 said:
Thanks for the update.

The Tokyo office is open but not answering the phone. There is a 3 day turn around on email inquiries but at least I got the automated reply that said they don't reply to permenant resident visa inquires.

Their chat option connects to the Sirlanka office which is of course, closed.

Good to have your confirmation though. At least I know I have sent them the right information. Hopefully, it won't take them to long to forward it to Manila.

Thanks for keeping us posted.
I tried calling the Tokyo VAC pretty much all day with no answer. On my way home I saw that I had missed a call on my cell phone. It was the Tokyo VAC. I called back at around 430 and it rang through. The guy I spoke to told me they recieved my package, everything was fine and they have already forwarded it to Manila. Great.

Then he told me there is no charge for this service and they will be refunding my fee. To say the least I was surprised. I have no idea why, I didn't ask. Maybe because it's new, I really don't know. I am just sharing my experience.

As happy as I am, I wish they would get their act together. That said, if I had to do it all over I would still include the fee until I hear something different..

tanigawa

Jul 2, 2015
Midland2017 said:
Then he told me there is no charge for this service and they will be refunding my fee. To say the least I was surprised. I have no idea why, I didn't ask. Maybe because it's new, I really don't know. I am just sharing my experience.
There is a thread on a Japanese forum about this exact topic. Within the last day, two other people, independently as far as I can tell, reported that they went to the Tokyo branch of VAC to drop off the photos and were also told that there is no fee for this service. Amazing, isn't it? At least that gives me some comfort that it's not just a cash grab.

Midland2017

Apr 29, 2016
tanigawa said:
There is a thread on a Japanese forum about this exact topic. Within the last day, two other people, independently as far as I can tell, reported that they went to the Tokyo branch of VAC to drop off the photos and were also told that there is no fee for this service. Amazing, isn't it? At least that gives me some comfort that it's not just a cash grab.
Just an update. I received my refund yesterday as promised from the Tokyo Vac (less the cost of shipping). No word from Manilla yet but hopefully something will show up soon.

neggo

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
File Transfer...
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015, re-meds 06-2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
25-08-2015 (appendix A), DM 09-01-2017, PPR received in Ottawa 16-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2017 CoPR received
Update here as well. We got word from Tokyo VAC last week that they received our photos and will proceed to send them to Manila. No word from Manila yet, either.

Mariechan

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga - Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Doc's Request.
19-08-2015
File Transfer...
15-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront: 23-03-2015 Re-Med:23-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront: 23-03-2015 Re-Med:27-06-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Received 18-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-09-2016
LANDED..........
08-10-2016
NRSY said:
hoping the same! no idea how to send these photos from within canada!
I suggest to use a courier service to send it in the Philippines like FedX,LBC,etc..

tanigawa

Jul 2, 2015
I send the photos to the Tokyo VAC office by international courier, to meet their precious 15-day deadline. Not long after that, I got another request from the Manila visa office, this time for two photos of the same size, a passport photocopy, and a form called Appendix B (not the same as the original Appendix B submitted at the start of the application). This one had a 30-day deadline, and specifically stated to put everything together in one package. So the first set of photos was pointless, I guess.

Not impressed with the level of disorganization at CIC and the visa offices.

neggo

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
File Transfer...
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015, re-meds 06-2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
25-08-2015 (appendix A), DM 09-01-2017, PPR received in Ottawa 16-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2017 CoPR received
I am more than a little frustrated with CIC at the moment. They sent us an e-mail earlier asking that my wife do medical examinations. We already got them DONE, upfront, last MAY. I assume they're asking for another medical as my wife's examination has already expired. This is ridiculous. We'll have to spend more money again to do it, and they ask we do it within 30 days.

prescot

Jul 20, 2015
Would anyone know if photo specification has changed? I sent them 35x45mm as indicated in the PPR Mail. But there is a PR Card photo requirement of 50X70mm. Which is correct? Is there two different specs for the CoPR Visa on Passport and the PR Card?

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Image result for cic immigration photo size
The frame size must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8″ x 1 3/4″). The photographs must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph, and include the top of the shoulders. The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 1/4″) and 36 mm (1 7/16″).May 10, 2012
Citizenship application photograph specifications
www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs-cit.asp

RGSS

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
Galano1213 said:
Image result for cic immigration photo size
The frame size must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8″ x 1 3/4″). The photographs must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph, and include the top of the shoulders. The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 1/4″) and 36 mm (1 7/16″).May 10, 2012
Citizenship application photograph specifications
www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs-cit.asp
Sorry bro this size is for citizenship applications not for permanent residents. Make sure you double check before sending them photos.

cocozion

Jul 12, 2016
HELP PLEASE

we got a mail from Canada immigration saying Please find attached letter(s) for your application for permanent residence
so we sent all the information that they ask for passport AND two picture specification for permanent resident
lastweek july7 canada immigration phillipines they received it and july 8 they change the status to DECISION MADE

SHOW
Permanent Residence Application Status
Decision Made

any idea if its approved ? and how long do we have to wait for result ?

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cocozion said:
HELP PLEASE

we got a mail from Canada immigration saying Please find attached letter(s) for your application for permanent residence
so we sent all the information that they ask for passport AND two picture specification for permanent resident
lastweek july7 canada immigration phillipines they received it and july 8 they change the status to DECISION MADE

SHOW
Permanent Residence Application Status
Decision Made

any idea if its approved ? and how long do we have to wait for result ?
Since they asked for your passport then its 100% approved , now you wait for your passport and CoPR .

Congratulations

Pjong

Jul 31, 2016
Acknowledgement of Receipt (RP)(2)

Hi everyone

Dear Pxxxxxxxxxx:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada which has been received at this office on 10 June 2016.

Your application number is Fxxxxxxxx. Please ensure that you quote this number in all future correspondence with our office.

We have completed an initial review of your application and now require the following information/documents in order to continue processing:

Payment of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) by your sponsor in Canada to our office in Mississauga, if not already paid. Please provide a photocopy of the payment receipt by email to MANILIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca.

Please note that if any of the information/documents listed above have been previously submitted to our office, they need not be submitted again.

To ensure the timely processing of your application, the required information/documents must be provided to us within THIRTY (30) days of the date of this letter.

please help me what should i do next.. it's almost 2 motnhs when i read this..