21-10-2014
Doc's Request.
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
02-03-2015
Passport Req..
01-03-2016
Hi everyone,

I received CIC's reply on adding my spouse to the CEC application.

A few questions that I am unclear of:
- spouse's four recent photos (CIC said documents other than police certificates can be sent with scanned copy through email, what about photos? Should I take them and scan them, or I can mail photos to them?)
- spouse's police certificates - spouse studied in USA for 2 years, so we need FBI clearance. But the processing time is 12 weeks or more. Is it too long for CIC? Will it be a problem that we send it after 3 months? Is there a deadline for submitting this?
- Attached questionarie for PA and spouse, should we send hard copy? or email filled doc should be sufficient?

Any fellow applicant or seniors with similar experience please share your insights.

Thanks!

cec2014kum

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
AUG 2016
Hey Guys!

I am a september 2014 applicant.

Timeline
File recieved Sep - 5
AOR 20 jan
Sent an email to cic - Change in marital status - 20 march

I have received an email from CIC telling me that I have to submit my wedding photograph, marriage certificate , spouse's police clearance, paying RRPF and processing fee for my wife etc. However, they did not mention how-much time I have to prepare these documents? Anybody can tell me from their experience? is it 60 days perhaps?

nhixon

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
CEC2013RAY said:
Hi everyone,

I received CIC's reply on adding my spouse to the CEC application.

A few questions that I am unclear of:
- spouse's four recent photos (CIC said documents other than police certificates can be sent with scanned copy through email, what about photos? Should I take them and scan them, or I can mail photos to them?)
- spouse's police certificates - spouse studied in USA for 2 years, so we need FBI clearance. But the processing time is 12 weeks or more. Is it too long for CIC? Will it be a problem that we send it after 3 months? Is there a deadline for submitting this?
- Attached questionarie for PA and spouse, should we send hard copy? or email filled doc should be sufficient?

Any fellow applicant or seniors with similar experience please share your insights.

Thanks!
Hi,

1) Some guys have scanned the photograph as well and I think they have accepted it. On my personal front, I have submitted 4 hard copies since they have mentioned "4".
2) PCC is not mandatory when you want to add your spouse to your PR application. You can send it later, or wait for CIC to intimate you to send the PCC for spouse.
3) Attached questionnaire needs to be sent as hard copy to CIC. However, I have not been asked for any such questionnaire, yet.

nhixon

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
cec2014kum said:
Hey Guys!

I am a september 2014 applicant.

Timeline
File recieved Sep - 5
AOR 20 jan
Sent an email to cic - Change in marital status - 20 march

I have received an email from CIC telling me that I have to submit my wedding photograph, marriage certificate , spouse's police clearance, paying RRPF and processing fee for my wife etc. However, they did not mention how-much time I have to prepare these documents? Anybody can tell me from their experience? is it 60 days perhaps?
Hi,

I have heard that its 60 days. But I believe CIC sends a final request for documents of your spouse since last request.

immigrant123

Aug 12, 2014
Hi,

Can you please help me with the situation below. I have applied for PR and got my medicals request today. Am planning to get married in early June. Can you let me know the procedure for adding my spouse to the application

- What are all the documents I need to submit, in addition to marriage proofs (Is it the complete package that I submitted for my application? Should I fill in my information as well in that ? )
- Should I email those documents. If yes, can you please share the email address that I should send those documents.

Also, I have finish my medical request within a month. So, is it okay to add my spouse after my medicals are done.

Thanks,
Immigrant123

arorkama

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
immigrant123 said:
Hi,

Can you please help me with the situation below. I have applied for PR and got my medicals request today. Am planning to get married in early June. Can you let me know the procedure for adding my spouse to the application

- What are all the documents I need to submit, in addition to marriage proofs (Is it the complete package that I submitted for my application? Should I fill in my information as well in that ? )
- Should I email those documents. If yes, can you please share the email address that I should send those documents.

Also, I have finish my medical request within a month. So, is it okay to add my spouse after my medicals are done.

Thanks,
Immigrant123
Notify CIC about your marriage plans. Just send an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca and ask them to confirm the receipt of email.If you have not done your medical yet, drag it to the last week of the medical submission mentioned on the medical request form.

immigrant123

Aug 12, 2014
arorkama said:
Notify CIC about your marriage plans. Just send an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca and ask them to confirm the receipt of email.If you have not done your medical yet, drag it to the last week of the medical submission mentioned on the medical request form.
Thank you so much Arorkama. I haven't done my medicals so I will postpone till the last week. Also, I will send out an email and inform CIC.

Thanks
Immigrant123

immigrant123

Aug 12, 2014
Hi,

I have sent an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa. I also heard that they would take a while to respond back. While I wait for their response, can someone let me know what all forms I need to fill and submit to CIC to include my spouse in my application so I can gather all that information from now.

Thanks,
Immigrant123

gurgunpreet

Feb 26, 2015
hello
its been 11 months since i added my wife in my file but wen eva i ask cic about pr they jus sai that file is being processed as per their regulatory tymline so i dnt know what is goin on i hav olready sent an inquiry nd applied for notes .....now i m thinking of applying my wife's visitor visa nd my ques is will she get the visitor visa during this tym or i shud wait more??

nhixon

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
immigrant123 said:
Hi,

I have sent an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa. I also heard that they would take a while to respond back. While I wait for their response, can someone let me know what all forms I need to fill and submit to CIC to include my spouse in my application so I can gather all that information from now.

Thanks,
Immigrant123
Hi,

This is what I received.

Controlled documents required for continued processing:

· Updated IMM0008 Application for Permanent Residence in Canada to be completed by the Principal Applicant

· A completed and signed IMM5406 Additional Family Information by your spouse

· A completed and signed IMM5669 Schedule A by your spouse

· A copy of your spouse’s valid passport

· A copy of your spouse’s birth certificate

· An original police certificate for all countries your spouse has lived for more than 6 months since the age of 18 years; (for more information, consult the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp)

· A copy of your marriage certificate;

· *If applicable*- A divorce certificate for your spouse, if he/she was previously married

Anyways, you would receive the response from CIC in 3-4 business days for marital status change.

nhixon

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
gurgunpreet said:
hello
its been 11 months since i added my wife in my file but wen eva i ask cic about pr they jus sai that file is being processed as per their regulatory tymline so i dnt know what is goin on i hav olready sent an inquiry nd applied for notes .....now i m thinking of applying my wife's visitor visa nd my ques is will she get the visitor visa during this tym or i shud wait more??
Hi,

Its very difficult to get a visiting VISA for your wife when you have already added her in your PR application. Anyone experienced could please help with the query.

gurgunpreet

Feb 26, 2015
i think my case is different from others that is y my application is taking much more tym than others.....m i right??

nhixon

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
gurgunpreet said:
i think my case is different from others that is y my application is taking much more tym than others.....m i right??
Depends on your VISA officer. But don't worry as per the time frame given by CIC (13 months) for PR application process, you will eventually receive some notification from them soon. Did you request for GCMS notes ?

gurgunpreet

Feb 26, 2015
i m confused with the timeline......some people say processing tym is 18 months and some says 20 months so its really putting me down ......