NA
Passport Req..
21 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
26 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Hello everyone,

I am in last stage of my PR application, currently CIC status is "Medical has been received". I was expecting Passport request from CIC however received fishy below email.

I am in confused state now, i have just received email from CIC requesting additional document about my marriage:

I am even not sure if this is normal or exception condition or reason to worry? Please help me folks.

CIC email conversation.

" Dear XYZ

This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require you to provide the following information regarding your marriage:

- You (the principal applicant) must complete the attached “Principal Applicant’s Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (Marriage)”. This questionnaire must be sent back to Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa as a hard copy (not as an email attachment).

- Your spouse must complete the attached “Spouse’s Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (Marriage)”. This questionnaire must be sent back to Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa as a hard copy (not as an email attachment).

- You must send evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:

• Proof of your spouse’s visits such as airline ticket coupons, boarding passes, copies of pages of your spouse’s passport showing entry/exit stamps

• Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding,

• Wedding reception and post wedding photographs,

• Evidence of continued contact with spouse such as phone bills, letters and e-mails and

• Marriage certificate issued by the Registrar of Marriages.

Photos must be loose. Do not send them in binders, albums, frames or other such containers. Do not send video discs or video cassettes. Do not send musical greeting cards or other similar documents containing electronic or mechanical devices. Do not send calling cards. "

Meanwhile I have all the above supporting documents, but still bit worried. If anyone had faced similar situation please guide me through this, I am almost there don't want to mess-up.

spookyb

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013
Med's Request
06-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
10-Apr-2014
You should begin by ordering your GCMS notes to see why the visa officer has flagged your marriage. The notes take 30 days to receive, so if you have been given more than 30 days to send the documents, you should wait to see the notes before you send anything.

Can you think of a reason this would have been flagged? Are you recently married? Is this the first application you have sent with a married status? Did you include a copy of your marriage certificate with the application?

Also try to get any other official documentation you can provide that would show you are married (ID cards, family composition forms, affidavits, joint bank statements, joint rental or lease agreements, etc.)

VinnyToronto

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 May 2013
Doc's Request.
21 Feb 2014
AOR Received.
21 June 2013
Med's Request
18 January 2014
Med's Done....
31 January 2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
21 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
26 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Basically, I have included my spouses application later stages of my PR application.I was single when i started my process (June 21,2013) later i got married ( May 27,2013) in India. As per guidelines i have informed CIC and sent my spouse application to include in my application.

Recently we both received Medical and RPRF request.

I would imagine reason might be,

1.My wife traveled to Canada recently on dependent visa and we had our medicals in Toronto but in her application address still was Indian address.

2.we did registration marriage based on Hindu marriage , this was something different looking document compare to normal registration certificate but sealed by government authority and registrar.

3. I travel to India multiple times this year ( three times)

4.We are married recently and she traveled to Canada in short period.

spookyb

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013
Med's Request
06-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
10-Apr-2014
VinnyToronto said:
Basically, I have included my spouses application later stages of my PR application.I was single when i started my process (June 21,2013) later i got married ( May 27,2013) in India. As per guidelines i have informed CIC and sent my spouse application to include in my application.

Recently we both received Medical and RPRF request.

I would imagine reason might be,

1.My wife traveled to Canada recently on dependent visa and we had our medicals in Toronto but in her application address still was Indian address.

2.we did registration marriage based on Hindu marriage , this was something different looking document compare to normal registration certificate but sealed by government authority and registrar.

3. I travel to India multiple times this year ( three times)

4.We are married recently and she traveled to Canada in short period.
If I understand this correctly, you applied on June 21, 2013 as a single applicant even though you were already married as of May 27th? If that is the case, then that is the problem right there. You cannot apply as a single applicant if you are already married. Now that you have added your spouse to your application, the VO would have noted that the marriage took place before you sent the application, and you had declared yourself as single on the initial application.

cecsep20

Star Member
Sep 13, 2012
I got the same e-mail from them I am at the last stage too . May they just started asking these types of documents in cec too .

VinnyToronto

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 May 2013
Doc's Request.
21 Feb 2014
AOR Received.
21 June 2013
Med's Request
18 January 2014
Med's Done....
31 January 2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
21 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
26 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Sorry I mean my application got AOR on June 21,2013 but i have applied in first week of May.

My registration marriage was happened in October 2013 when i went to India again with wedding date May 27,2013.

Application was submitted in May first week
Marriage was ( Hindu marriage without registration) - May 27,2013
AOR received in June,2013
Registration of our marriage in October,2013.

Hope this will clear my case.

@ cecsep20, Did you sent supporting documents to CIC? is there any extra documents we have to submit? What is your current appln status?
Sorry asking too many questions, but bit worried about this bro..!

spookyb

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013
Med's Request
06-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
10-Apr-2014
I think you should be okay if you send all the documents requested and any others to prove your relationship.

What is your application status on ecas?

VinnyToronto

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 May 2013
Doc's Request.
21 Feb 2014
AOR Received.
21 June 2013
Med's Request
18 January 2014
Med's Done....
31 January 2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
21 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
26 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Current status is "Medical results have been received."

Here is my progress so far, I am able to manage below documents.

1.Our wedding pictures ( Traditional Hindu marriage)
2.Reception pictures
3.couple of selfies taken during honeymoon :D
4.For evidence of contact with spouse - Mobile call history,Skype history and Whatsapp chat history
5.For my traveling to India during those dates - Air tickets and entry-exit stamps
6.My spouses Travel tickets and entry stamp
7. Financial support - Rental agreement with my Spouses name in it, i have recently applied credit to my spouse as authorized user.
8. Marriage certificate

Just to make sure i have also requested for GCMS notes...!

Any suggestions guys? Is there anything i have to include here based on below CIC request?

your expertise and support required

spookyb

Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Feb-2013
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013
Med's Request
06-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
16-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
24-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
10-Apr-2014
Does it say Application Received, or In Process?

If you have emails, I would attach that too. And how long do you have to send the documents? If it is more than 30 days, I would request the GCMS notes today. Do you know how to do that?

VinnyToronto

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 May 2013
Doc's Request.
21 Feb 2014
AOR Received.
21 June 2013
Med's Request
18 January 2014
Med's Done....
31 January 2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
21 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
26 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
It says "In Process" under that "medical has been received".

Unfortunately we rarely used to do email communication, mostly Whatsapp :)

Yes, I have already requested for GCMS notes. I have 59 days from today

vijayarr

Apr 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2013 (Myself), Added spouse to the existing application 20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
28-01-2014 (Spouse relationship questionnaire)
AOR Received.
06-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent along with application
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
6-01-2014 (Myself), 24-01-2014 (Upfront medicals for Spouse)
My dear friend Vinny! I'm in the same boat as you. Your situation is no different from mine .. WORD TO WORD. Your story is exactly similar to mine. I applied on April 22nd, 2013 and I was single at that time. I got married December, 2013. notified CIC a month before the wedding and they sent me an email with the checklist of all documents that I should be submitting to CPC-O to add my wife as an accompanying dependent.Just the day before my wedding I received both RPRF/Biodata and Medical request. I mailed all the required documents immediately after wedding (IMM008, Marriage Certificate etc etc). I paid the RPRF for my wife and myself and made sure to include her in the biodata form as well. I then applied for my wife's visitor visa and then she got the visa in 3 business days. We flew together to Canada on January 1st, 2014 and I did my medicals on January 6th and did upfront medicals for my wife on January 21st (Waited a bit to see if got any medical requests within the two weeks and then decided not to waste any time so I went for upfront medicals). January 28th, I received the same email as you did asking me to submit additional evidence, fill out the spouse relationship questionnaire. I had all the necessary documentation/photos to prove that my wedding was legit and hence I mailed CPC-O all that information January 30th, 2014. They confirmed the receipt of these additional documents yesterday and they said it's still "under review"!On February 2nd, I emailed CPC-O with her upfront medical report and they confirmed the receipt of her medicals. The medical status changed to "Medicals Received" February 10th. I don't think so there is any point analyzing the truth why you got this "email" from CPC-O. I would suggest you to act fast and mail all the documents ASAP. I mailed all the proofs two weeks earlier and haven't got any PPR or even ECAS status change to "Decision made". Patience is the key so I'm going to wait it out. My current ECAS status "In Process" with "Medicals Received". If you need any help I can possibly give you some directions on what are all the documents you could submit to prove your wedding is legit.

On the side note, I did some research about this questionnaire and this is a standard form that one has to fill out when your sponsoring your wife if your spouse is not in Canada (or what they might call as outland application?). They have this form here : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp . I believe CIC is under the assumption that your wife is NOT IN CANADA. I clearly mentioned in the questionnaire that SHE IS CURRENTLY LIVING WITH ME IN CANADA AND IS HERE ON A VISITOR VISA. I personally think that this is a standard procedure. It doesn't mean that they have flagged your marriage or anything. As long as you have enough evidences to prove it please don't worry about all that.

Anyways, I'm still waiting to hear back from them. Maybe we both should stay in touch to keep ourselves updated :) . Feel free post any doubts you have about the questionnaire in this thread and I will get back to you whenever I get a chance.

Good Luck!

VinnyToronto

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 May 2013
Doc's Request.
21 Feb 2014
AOR Received.
21 June 2013
Med's Request
18 January 2014
Med's Done....
31 January 2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
21 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
26 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Thank you vijayarr..!

This forum is definitely helpful.Its amazing how your case is so much similar to mine.

I have already filled all the documents and arranged supporting documents.Now my lawyer will be analyzing those documents.Lets see what he come up with but i am not entirely depending on him.I would like to take as much possible information from people who are already facing this situation and Also more than happy to share my experience.

By the way, How did you sent all supporting documents to CIC, Email or hard copies? I can't imagine sending all those huge Gigabyte pictures through email.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
VinnyToronto said:
By the way, How did you sent all supporting documents to CIC, Email or hard copies? I can't imagine sending all those huge Gigabyte pictures through email.
The email that you received from CIC and that you quoted above specifies HARD COPY in the mail.

VinnyToronto

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 May 2013
Doc's Request.
21 Feb 2014
AOR Received.
21 June 2013
Med's Request
18 January 2014
Med's Done....
31 January 2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
21 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
26 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Yes, I thought hardcopy would be only for those two forms ( questionnaires).

VinnyToronto

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 May 2013
Doc's Request.
21 Feb 2014
AOR Received.
21 June 2013
Med's Request
18 January 2014
Med's Done....
31 January 2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
21 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
26 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Update.. :D

My lawyer gave me green signal on all my supporting documents, now i am going to send all documents soon.Normally he forward the documents to Ottawa, this time he asked me to send all documents directly to Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa.

Addition to my earlier supporting documents, I found couple of email conversations , hotel and domestic travel tickets(India).

will keep you all updated, if anybody need any help from my limited experience :) please buzz me on private message.