+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Request a change of visa office or a file transfer to another VO: Is it possible? Please, share your your experience.

frange

May 25, 2018
Hello Guys;

My sponsorship application has been transferred from Sydney (Canada) to Mexico City since the first week of May 2021 and all the required documents (CSQ, VM, police certificate) have been submitted there since that month. It happens that more than 7 months later, I do not even receive the AOR of Mexico, nor the confirmation of reception of the submitted documents. I assume that the file has not been seen by any Agent during that time. When contacting them, the only response I receive is "In line for review ".

So; I would like to know if I can ask for a transfer of my file to another VO or just request a change of visa office. Do you think this possibility exists whatsoever?

Have any of you requested that your sponsorship application to be transferred from one visa office to another? I have noticed that some offices are overloaded and cannot even process files which were assigned to them and others a little less.

1- In your opinion, is it possible to request the transfer of a file to another visa office? If so, what are the requirements OR how to process?

2-Have you ever heard of such procedure or had such experience?

Thanks for sharing.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Guys;

My sponsorship application has been transferred from Sydney (Canada) to Mexico City since the first week of May 2021 and all the required documents (CSQ, VM, police certificate) have been submitted there since that month. It happens that more than 7 months later, I do not even receive the AOR of Mexico, nor the confirmation of reception of the submitted documents. I assume that the file has not been seen by any Agent during that time. When contacting them, the only response I receive is "In line for review ".

So; I would like to know if I can ask for a transfer of my file to another VO or just request a change of visa office. Do you think this possibility exists whatsoever?

Have any of you requested that your sponsorship application to be transferred from one visa office to another? I have noticed that some offices are overloaded and cannot even process files which were assigned to them and others a little less.

1- In your opinion, is it possible to request the transfer of a file to another visa office? If so, what are the requirements OR how to process?

2-Have you ever heard of such procedure or had such experience?

Thanks for sharing.
The short answer is that IRCC unfortunately won't consider this request.

IRCC will sometimes themselves chose to move an application to a different visa office. However they won't act on a request from an applicant.

If you want to send a webform to try, you can certainly do that. But be prepared for IRCC to ignore this request.

Reactions: frange

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
Hello,

What if my residence country changes and visa office for resident country is different?
Then they have to change the visa office right?

Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello,

What if my residence country changes and visa office for resident country is different?
Then they have to change the visa office right?

Thanks
No, they can do whatever they think is most efficient. Usually they've allocated to office based on passport of PA, regardless of where in world. (Obviously some variation though)