+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Renounce or not to renounce PR status

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
Hello there

I made a mistake by declaring my partner as non-accompanying on my EE application. Now, I landed alone and I can only sponsor my partner. Inland or outland, both seem a bit unrealistic at the moment. Just wanted to get some insights from those, who have probably been in a similar situation. Once renounced, I would need to reapply via EE again. Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You would probably be better off posting this question to the Express Entry section of the forum if you want information about reapplying for EE from scratch.

If you're asking about the inland and outland partner sponsorship process - then inland would require your partner to obtain an approved TRV (or ETA if visa exempt) and come to Canada to be sponsored here. If your partner can't get a TRV, then you would need to sponsor outland which requires you to be living in Canada while the application is processed and will require you to be separated from your partner for around a year (apart from potentially a few short trips outside of Canada).

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
You would probably be better off posting this question to the Express Entry section of the forum if you want information about reapplying for EE from scratch.

If you're asking about the inland and outland partner sponsorship process - then inland would require your partner to obtain an approved TRV (or ETA if visa exempt) and come to Canada to be sponsored here. If your partner can't get a TRV, then you would need to sponsor outland which requires you to be living in Canada while the application is processed and will require you to be separated from your partner for around a year (apart from potentially a few short trips outside of Canada).
Thank you. I am aware of the consequences. Just looking for someone who messed up as I have, though rare.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I think you would find those individuals in the EE section of the forum (rather than here).

Good luck.

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
As scylla says, people in your situation are more likely to be in the EE forum - but without knowing as much about EE, why would you want to renounce and go through it again? You have PR, if your spouse was declared (as unaccompanying) then you can sponsor them, and it's basically a guaranteed approval (assuming you can prove genuine relationship, which you'd need to anyway). All you need to do is wait. Contrast with a re-done EE app, where you'd need to potentially redo language tests etc, and the adding of a person would alter your points calculation, and you'd have to wait for another draw which might not be at your points level. It just seems barmy to place yourself through that effort when you have an easy way not to?

haXudon

May 31, 2015
As scylla says, people in your situation are more likely to be in the EE forum - but without knowing as much about EE, why would you want to renounce and go through it again? You have PR, if your spouse was declared (as unaccompanying) then you can sponsor them, and it's basically a guaranteed approval (assuming you can prove genuine relationship, which you'd need to anyway). All you need to do is wait. Contrast with a re-done EE app, where you'd need to potentially redo language tests etc, and the adding of a person would alter your points calculation, and you'd have to wait for another draw which might not be at your points level. It just seems barmy to place yourself through that effort when you have an easy way not to?
he forgot to include his spouse during his first EE application. in other words, he misrepresented.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
he forgot to include his spouse during his first EE application. in other words, he misrepresented.
He didn't... he stated that he included her as non-accompanying. He did not misrepresent or forget to include her.

I personally am a little baffled by this question. Renouncing PR status and going through the process again seems a lot more complicated than just moving forward and sponsoring your spouse.

Reactions: ahmedwaly

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No. That's not what happened here. Read the original post - spouse was fully declared as non-accompanying and can be sponsored.

Reactions: ahmedwaly